New Nintendo Dream Interview

Lightchao42

Just in case you were wondering if they could improve the PR.

I use "new" loosely because this interview was released before TGS, so the characters introduced there aren't covered. It's also the interview where Azura was initially confirmed to be absent (which you may remember from a month ago), so you can decide for yourself if the reasoning is any less nonsensical than it was without context.

Edited by Lightchao42

Since we found out about Niles/Oboro and cracked into the data, it became fairly obvious that Azura was cut first. 

Suppose this also means I'll lose my citation on Wikipedia.

30 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Since we found out about Niles/Oboro and cracked into the data, it became fairly obvious that Azura was cut first. 

Suppose this also means I'll lose my citation on Wikipedia.

Yeah, this.

The fact that we’ve found nothing about Azura makes it clear that she was never worked on before this game’s release.

16 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

"Awakening-Fates Warriors"

It feels like that even now. Not counting DLC, the Shadow Dragon lineup is very minimal.

Yeah, I agree with this. DLC will help though, thankfully. Particularly for those like me who probably won't be getting the Fates or Awakening packs (there's no one in them I'm interested in except Azura and I'm not paying for a whole pack just for one character).

Marth looked like an anime robot when promoted. lol XD

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I agree with this. DLC will help though, thankfully. Particularly for those like me who probably won't be getting the Fates or Awakening packs (there's no one in them I'm interested in except Azura and I'm not paying for a whole pack just for one character).

I mean, it isn't just characters. There's also three new history mode maps, weapons, costumes, support conversations, etc.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It would be unfortunate to not get the DLC for the maps at the very least. Im sure you wouldn't want to wait for a while to only just play 3 new maps.

1 hour ago, Reese Balaski said:

I mean, it isn't just characters. There's also three new history mode maps, weapons, costumes, support conversations, etc.

I'd still have to see if those are really worth it though.

57 minutes ago, Thany said:

It would be unfortunate to not get the DLC for the maps at the very least. Im sure you wouldn't want to wait for a while to only just play 3 new maps.

Yeah, but as I said above, I'd have to see if the maps and stuff are worth it.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but as I said above, I'd have to see if the maps and stuff are worth it.

well heres another way to look at it. If the DLCs come with updates that raise the level cap. you may need the previous maps for fair levelings without boring grinding just to reach up to shadow dragons level (since it is the second DLC that will come out.)

I just wanna make sure there doesnt come a point you regret not getting the season pass when it comes to it. sorry if it sounds like im being forceful.

So

Spikes = More stronger

Ok, Leo is more stronger with his new spikes, even if he looks like Shadow the Hedgehog for me haha

Awww, the developers wanted Azura, for sure they were happy to add her via DLC, I'm also happy but I'm more extra happy for Oboro. And it was funny when they say that the monsters looked like plushies, now I want a custome pack that transform the enemies into plushies, it will be funny

Maybe is only me, but I actually hope they make a FE Warriors 2, I have fun with these games even if I'm pretty bad at them, and having the oportunity to see more FE characters in them would be cool LetMeSeeInnesIn3DPlz

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

Well then, looks like Navarre's the clone to Lyn after all, instead of vice-versa. A minor note, but no one's said it yet

Seriously.

Maybe now people will finally shut the hell up about that.

The reasoning for the little sisters sounded weak if you ask me. They were being a little too kind to them, gotta teach them little spoiled princesses lesson in life you know, a little tough love doesn't hurt. At least they play well from what it sounds like.

The Camilla and Elise modifications were interesting to hear about as well.

3 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Awww, the developers wanted Azura, for sure they were happy to add her via DLC, I'm also happy but I'm more extra happy for Oboro. And it was funny when they say that the monsters looked like plushies, now I want a custome pack that transform the enemies into plushies, it will be funny

Complete with profuse amounts of graphic cotton flying everywhere. Heads and limbs may be torn off.

11 hours ago, Motendra said:

Well then, looks like Navarre's the clone to Lyn after all, instead of vice-versa. A minor note, but no one's said it yet

As I thought was the case. People went quite overboard with panic over how Lyn was shoved in the game. It looks like they decided to put her in pretty early as the western counterpart to Marth. That popular lord through which western fans first connected with the series. It does seem likely now that the NPC like Owain were never planned to be included in the base game.

Also, the developers state they want to give the full story treatment to lords from different games so they are saving them for possible sequels.

Edited by wissenschaft

On 21/10/2017 at 7:21 PM, Motendra said:

I don't think anything in that interview really indicates it one way or another. The quotes about the moveset fitting her can easily apply even if it wasn't originally designed with her in mind.

14 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

It does seem likely now that the NPC like Owain were never planned to be included in the base game.

Nah, it's clear they were cut once you look at the actual game. Owain is the most obvious example due to joining early and before the party split. in the first party split stages, you get a full party for one side and then a 3 character party + Darius and Owain for the other, with an oddly empty deployment slot there. And then Owain doesn't actually appear in the map even as an allied npc, only for the cutscenes. There's clearly something wrong there design-wise.

Later the same thing happens the other allied npcs (they appear as units before joining for real, but once they join they aren't anywhere gameplay-wise, not even npcs), although there isn't such an obvious issue like the extra slot in the map where Owain should be deployed.

Edited by NeonZ