Is the New 3DS version worth purchasing?

Charmeleonbrah

I'm considering getting the 3ds version of FEW because at the moment I do not own a Switch.  I'm on the fence about buying a Switch because I'm not too excited for Odyssey and I've beaten BotW on Wii U.  There doesnt seem to be much YouTube footage or reviews for the portable version.  Anyone play it yet?  Thoughts? 

I would say go for the 3DS version since you don't have a switch.  I had to buy a new system to be able to play FE W so I went with the Switch, but since you have a New 3DS and don't want any games for Switch other then FE W you might as well save the money for when you do want to buy a Switch.  

The new 3ds/2ds is worth purchasing for the hardware upgrades alone. Faster load times for games and faster download times are much more convenient. If you play Smash Bros, the added buttons make the game more comfortable to play with the shoulder buttons and nub for smash attacks. The nub really helps with controlling the camera (for games that support that.) I'm waiting to get a Switch to play FE Warriors so I can't comment on the 3DS port. I imagine it'll be like Hyrule Warriors with less on-screen enemies and the obvious neutered graphics.

Absolutely.  The only times I've seen slowdown or lag have been during boss intro cutscenes -- more like brief, milliseconds-long blips rather than chugging, but worth mentioning if only because they were still noticeable.  

As for the number of enemies onscreen, while I'm sure it's lower than the Switch version, I still haven't found myself lacking for crowds of mooks to lay the smackdown on.  

It feels like a fully-featured game, rather than a sad, runty afterthought.  I have no complaints so far.  Other than some of the voice acting.