"Pick a god and pray!" confirmed! Freddy's awesomeness is 100% back!

Anacybele

I remember plenty of people were wondering if Frederick would have this line in the English version since Heroes sadly didn't use it. I really wanted it back for Warriors too. And after hearing some other Awakening crit quotes in FE Warriors in past trailers, I and others hoped this would soft-confirm Freddy having his most iconic line too.

And I can happily say he DOES! I just got him to say it in his Awakening special! It seems these quotes only occur in Awakening specials, actually. But that's fine, they're there at all!

We can also use this thread to talk about Frederick's gameplay in general too, since not much of that went out there. This guy's underrated imo, and this isn't just my bias for him speaking. Freddy is a legit beast in this game! He's brutally awesome. lol Koei exceeded my expectations for him here for sure and now I have to have him share the #1 spot with Ike on my fav FE character list. XD Sorry, Ike! But no one will actually surpass you, don't worry. lol That's just impossible. :P

Anyway, also think Freddy got the best, if not one of the best, boss intro and a cute victory scene too. And the item he drops lol. They're pebbles, of course. XD

SO GLAD HE'S IN THIS GAME! *squee* x3 <333

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axe users are... limited. Camilla, Frederick, and Lissa. Yes yes...

I don't like Camilla, but I used her when flyiers have uses. Eventually, she died to a Sniper easily.

Frederick... putting aside his IA who send him fighting mage bosses, was... really useful. He's a cavalier, so he's fast to travel accross the map (really useful when Anna showed up faaaaaar away) and got good defense. So... he merit some attentions.

Developpers really related him to stones. Seriously, mens XD

Neat, but are the pebbles actual items and what are they used for? Would be cool if there was some magic stone/rock item and he finds a bunch of them and spreads them all over lol. OR if he'd go find you free orbs in Heroes. Those are kinda like pebbles...

18 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

OR if he'd go find you free orbs in Heroes. Those are kinda like pebbles...

IS MAKE THIS A THING

If you have 5S Frederick set as your Defense Team Lead for 24 Hours and sees at least one battle, there would be a small chance of him finding an Orb. This chance would increase for every time you've merged another Frederick into him.

Frederick is awesome. I'm having so much fun with him, Robin, and everyone else. I'm getting the hang of it. And my god, the feeling I get when I mercilessly grapple an opponent with my axe and grind them against the dirt... just awesome...

The Pegaus knights are hard to use but great for fighting mages and sword users. That said, I prefer Camilla as my flyer. I love her moveset. Shes works more like other mounted units, she stomps the crap out of her enemies and her strong attacks (the fireball one) is an AoE weak point set up. She was my second promotion. My first was Lianna, the twins have a very balanced and easy to use moveset.

Frederick is probably top tier. His moveset is really great. And I'm glad they fit his crit quote in, so badass. His drag attack can be used to group up multiple commanders before using your special on all of them. On the other hand, mages are a bit iffy for me. Having to build up their strong attack just to weak point set up enemies is a pain. At leas they have great AoE.

Also, I'm quite happy that Hard mode gives the game some challenge. The fights themselves may be easy but the juggling of different objectives at once makes missions intense and exciting.

Edited by wissenschaft

39 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

IS MAKE THIS A THING

If you have 5S Frederick set as your Defense Team Lead for 24 Hours and sees at least one battle, there would be a small chance of him finding an Orb. This chance would increase for every time you've merged another Frederick into him.

Yeah I'd like that! Meanwhile all my Lonky would bring back is potatoes...goddammit. Why can't I have a husbando who brings me nice things? Ana's lucky there lol.

It's okay Lon'qu at least you're still sexy...

Frederick is pretty great indeed. I used him to pretty good effect in the early parts of the map, and while I eventually moved on to other units for my main team, he still helped me out a lot. As someone who often plays squishy characters, it's handy to have at least one tank around to. Really appreciate him overall.

2 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

The Pegaus knights are hard to use but great for fighting mages and sword users. That said, I prefer Camilla as my flyer. I love her moveset. Shes works more like other mounted units, she stomps the crap out of her enemies and her strong attacks (the fireball one) is an AoE weak point set up. She was my second promotion. My first was Lianna, the twins have a very balanced and easy to use moveset.

I have to say I am curious how you are able to handle her so well? Her attacks are so slow with me, she ends up getting kicked around the field if there is more than one strong enemy, with no way to respond. Also her moving around so much with all her attacks makes it hard to hit the enemy. Pegasi can have the same issue, but it's easier to have them stick to the ground, and they use more targeted strikes rather than Camilla's awkward swipes.

Edited by Nanima

I used Cordelia for about half of one map before switching back to Freddy and I didn't have any trouble with her...and I'm still newish to Warriors gameplay. lol Guess it's down to play style or something?

I'm glad to see more love for Frederick! I would be real happy to see this and Heroes create more fans for him. ^^

@Dragoncat Heh, I am rather lucky there, aren't I? Frederick gives his wife jewelry too. lol (one of his tile conversations between him and his wife in Awakening has him giving her a pendant as a gift) I never even really thought about that either! He really is an awesome husband!

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

I have to say I am curious how you are able to handle her so well? Her attacks are so slow with me, she ends up getting kicked around the field if there is more than one strong enemy, with no way to respond. Also her moving around so much with all her attacks makes it hard to hit the enemy. Pegasi can have the same issue, but it's easier to have them stick to the ground, and they use more targeted strikes rather than Camilla's awkward swipes.

Camilla can fly so just dive attack into enemies. Or fly away if u see an attack being set up. A lot of enemies set up before attacking so keep an eye out for when their charging an attack. I find she doesn't move around too much compared to the pegasus knights. Being promoted helps a lot too. The real key with Camilla is making use of her strong attack meter (sort of like with mages). Trashing mobs to build it up and then use the strong attack 1 (light + heavy) to create a fireball that puts weak points on the enemy. Camilla's Fireball is AoE and she naturally has large swings so she can kill multiple commanders at once.

I've beaten sword commanders with Camilla by using that fireball to get weak points on the enemy. With how large her attack swings are, its not hard at all to be murdering tons of mobs while fighting commanders, which keeps her strong attack meter up. Weak point strikes are the key. Also, if facing multiple commanders that I don't have advantage then use awakening mode since that gives you WTA vs everything. Just keep her away from Archers, or better yet, have Camilla in a pair up and just switch to your backup.

Edited by wissenschaft

I promoted Freddy, but now I'm not playing anymore. I couldn't beat Camilla's chapter. I know I'm not a good player (this was easy difficulty, so yeah, I'm not good), but I feel I actually screwed myself out of being able to win this one and thus, continue story mode because for some reason, Camilla was healing the damage she took and she was healing more than Lianna could take off. Not to mention I was given near zero chances to attack... Lianna just kept getting hit while I could do nothing but try to press buttons to hit back or escape. Lianna is the only sword character I was able to use in this chapter, so no way would Cordelia or Lissa have been able to beat Camilla. So I have no chance.

Anyway, it just sucks that I just got Freddy promoted but can't try out his promoted form now... I don't want to start over or anything, of course. Sigh... I guess I just have to quit the game entirely. I'm too afraid of screwing up like this again anyway even if I was okay with starting over. And if this is the case, I'll sell my copy. I have no job yet, so any money I can get other ways would be useful.

Edited by Anacybele

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I promoted Freddy, but now I'm not playing anymore. I couldn't beat Camilla's chapter. I know I'm not a good player (this was easy difficulty, so yeah, I'm not good), but I feel I actually screwed myself out of being able to win this one and thus, continue story mode because for some reason, Camilla was healing the damage she took and she was healing more than Lianna could take off. Not to mention I was given near zero chances to attack... Lianna just kept getting hit while I could do nothing but try to press buttons to hit back or escape. Lianna is the only sword character I was able to use in this chapter, so no way would Cordelia or Lissa have been able to beat Camilla. So I have no chance.

Anyway, it just sucks that I just got Freddy promoted but can't try out his promoted form now... I don't want to start over or anything, of course. Sigh... I guess I just have to quit the game entirely. I'm too afraid of screwing up like this again anyway even if I was okay with starting over. And if this is the case, I'll sell my copy. I have no job yet, so any money I can get other ways would be useful.

You know that you can just play past chapters to level up more, and/or use gold to level up your characters. Just a bit of a level advantage and you can smash through most enemies pretty quickly. My Camilla got leveled a bit over the enemies since I used her a lot and some chapters I just ran fort to fort with her destroying even sword commanders. And that's on hard difficulty. Getting frustrated on one chapter and saying you'll just go sell the game is a huge overreaction. 

And if you're playing on classic where the characters are unusable after death (though I doubt you are), you can just switch to casual and it'll revive them. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's an overreaction. Just go play History Mode for a while or something, or do some old chapters. What level is your Lianna? If you get another Master Seal from History Mode, try promoting her.

Frederick is cool and all...but have you seen Marth's victory pose? It's as if he doesn't realise the camera is on him, and when he does, he's a tad embarrassed but hides it with a smile~ The little cutie-patootie. Caeda's is also great with the birds.

Frederick is fun to play.  But I prefer Camilla cause hey man Meteor Axe.

Got the game today and took a break.

I don't remember the  number but Xander is my next place.

Also fliers are fun.

7 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Camilla can fly so just dive attack into enemies. Or fly away if u see an attack being set up. A lot of enemies set up before attacking so keep an eye out for when their charging an attack. I find she doesn't move around too much compared to the pegasus knights. Being promoted helps a lot too. The real key with Camilla is making use of her strong attack meter (sort of like with mages). Trashing mobs to build it up and then use the strong attack 1 (light + heavy) to create a fireball that puts weak points on the enemy. Camilla's Fireball is AoE and she naturally has large swings so she can kill multiple commanders at once.

I've beaten sword commanders with Camilla by using that fireball to get weak points on the enemy. With how large her attack swings are, its not hard at all to be murdering tons of mobs while fighting commanders, which keeps her strong attack meter up. Weak point strikes are the key. Also, if facing multiple commanders that I don't have advantage then use awakening mode since that gives you WTA vs everything. Just keep her away from Archers, or better yet, have Camilla in a pair up and just switch to your backup.

Thanks for the tips. She is pretty workable most of the time now. Still, within crowds, the time it takes before her attacks actually connect is still a disadvantage for me (when there's multiple strong enemies around you, someone is always attacking, build up or no). Guess she's just not compatible with my playstyle. So long as I can complete the missions she is forced for, I guess it's fine.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's sounds like a pretty serious knee-jerk reaction. As others have pointed out, there's always free mode to level the characters, and multiple ways to approach an enemy in order to beat them. You can also use any character you want in them, so you can use your glorious Freddy while training Lianna and co. It's very much mangeable and doesn't take too long. But hey, if you just want to throw the cards across the table, I can't stop you.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

1. If Lianna's still rocking a Bronze Sword, swap it out for Iron or Steel. Weapons are more important than levels in my experience.
2. As others have suggested, you can always grind it out. Not necessary in my experience, but the option's there.
3. Forts heal anyone from the army who owns that fort. Nohr owns that fort, Camilla's Nohrian, Camilla gets healed. You can't take the fort away from her, but you can take her away from the fort with a little positioning work and knockback.

Edited by Technoweirdo

1 hour ago, Technoweirdo said:

3. Forts heal anyone from the army who owns that fort. Nohr owns that fort, Camilla's Nohrian, Camilla gets healed. You can't take the fort away from her, but you can take her away from the fort with a little positioning work and knockback.

To add to this--there's usually still a fort captain in the fort the boss hero is sitting in. You can still kill that captain just like any other fort and take it over even while the boss is in there, denying them the healing and giving it to yourself instead.

8 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

That's an overreaction. Just go play History Mode for a while or something, or do some old chapters. What level is your Lianna? If you get another Master Seal from History Mode, try promoting her.

No, I legitimately believe it though... And she's lv. 8. I actually gave her a couple more levels in the Training Grounds before starting that chapter too.

I don't know if I'll actually ever do History Mode. I'm just not interested in it.

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

That's sounds like a pretty serious knee-jerk reaction. As others have pointed out, there's always free mode to level the characters, and multiple ways to approach an enemy in order to beat them. You can also use any character you want in them, so you can use your glorious Freddy while training Lianna and co. It's very much mangeable and doesn't take too long. But hey, if you just want to throw the cards across the table, I can't stop you.

There's no free mode in this game though? And I can't use Frederick in this chapter because route split. So I'm confused at what you're telling me here?

2 hours ago, Technoweirdo said:

1. If Lianna's still rocking a Bronze Sword, swap it out for Iron or Steel. Weapons are more important than levels in my experience.
2. As others have suggested, you can always grind it out. Not necessary in my experience, but the option's there.

I guess I could try changing her weapon... She doesn't have a bronze sword right now, she has an armorslayer, I believe, but I did forget about switching the weapon.

I'm not sure how I want to grind though...

As for forts, they didn't heal bosses previously. This is the first time I'm seeing this.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's no free mode in this game though? And I can't use Frederick in this chapter because route split. So I'm confused at what you're telling me here?

Yes there is, you just have to select a stage that you've already done before and it will let you repeat it with any character that you've unlocked.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I legitimately believe it though... And she's lv. 8. I actually gave her a couple more levels in the Training Grounds before starting that chapter too.

That's very low actually. Try getting her to 12 at least.

There is. Just select the past stages again, and you can use all characters you have at their current level to grind for as long as you want.