HOT gameplay tip sharing thread

Here's a good, if somewhat obvious, tip: For clone characters, it's a good idea to give them Anti-Triangle or Topsy-Turvy attributes to help differentiate them from each other, that way they can at least fill different niches in battle even if their moves are the same.

Sakura, Lianna, Cordelia, and Celica are good candidates for Topsy-Turvy since their Mag stat is higher or equal to their Str stat. For Anti-Triangle, you may as well put it on either Hinoka or Caeda, and either Chrom or Lucina.

5 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Ah, I don't have Luna on Elise nor am I that far into the game. Luna is probably making a big difference. However, Takumi's skills is about twice of Sakura's. It should make a difference. I wonder if you could test that.

Sakura (w/ Topsy Turvy, lol HP+50) and Takumi (w/ Skl + 10) vs Lv 64/65 Assassins, Sages, and Manaketes in the arena
Strong I (full charge) -> Normal I - IV -> Crit

Against the Assassin, Sakura deals more damage with the first hit (and presumably the other hits), Takumi deals more in the end through the crit. Not majorly so though.
Against the Sage, Sakura would need another 300 Mag to make the fight less obnoxious.
Against the Manakete, Takumi would be better off with a magic bow and his 3 Mag. I'm not joking; I actually tested it. That said...
No, Takumi's 77 Skl isn't going to make him better with a magic bow than Sakura. 3 Mag lol.

Gonna make a couple of assumptions from that and say the following:

Against swordsmen/axmen/lancers/archers, Takumi has a slight advantage.
Against mages, Takumi has a major advantage.
No one cares about who does better against pegasi and wyverns when they're archers.
Against beasts/manaketes/great knights/generals, Sakura has a major advantage.

11 hours ago, Technoweirdo said:

Sakura (w/ Topsy Turvy, lol HP+50) and Takumi (w/ Skl + 10) vs Lv 64/65 Assassins, Sages, and Manaketes in the arena
Strong I (full charge) -> Normal I - IV -> Crit

Against the Assassin, Sakura deals more damage with the first hit (and presumably the other hits), Takumi deals more in the end through the crit. Not majorly so though.
Against the Sage, Sakura would need another 300 Mag to make the fight less obnoxious.
Against the Manakete, Takumi would be better off with a magic bow and his 3 Mag. I'm not joking; I actually tested it. That said...
No, Takumi's 77 Skl isn't going to make him better with a magic bow than Sakura. 3 Mag lol.

Gonna make a couple of assumptions from that and say the following:

Against swordsmen/axmen/lancers/archers, Takumi has a slight advantage.
Against mages, Takumi has a major advantage.
No one cares about who does better against pegasi and wyverns when they're archers.
Against beasts/manaketes/great knights/generals, Sakura has a major advantage.

This is amazing stuff. Thanks for doing the testing.