Top Unit(s)

Arthur97

Those units you use so much they've surpassed most others. My top three in order are:

1. Lucina at lv. 42 (surprise surprise). Also my first promote, but I did plan to promote Chrom then too, but he was one level short.

2. Marth at lv. 40. Paragon is largely responsible for his large climb, but the desire to get supports helps too.

3 Robin at lv. 31.

1. Rowan at 33. This is more out of necessity, than anything else, for being my main character
  2. Xander at 33, surprisingly, cause he's actually un promoted at the moment
  3. Marth at 32. Paragon is too stronk. I didnt even use him too much, despite loving him so much

Note that I at least try to distribute exp among units, but there will always be some who gain more. When that happens, I either don't use them for some time for others to catch up, or spend gold on stragglers. For example, Robin was actually my first promotion, after Rowan, but due to just how strong he became in a short amountĀ of time, I started using him less. The same applied for others that I promoted as well, but for Robin, he fell a little behind the other promotes as a result.

Update: now Marth is ahead at 37

Edited by Motendra

Takumi solo'd half a map, with Lucina behind him.Ā  Current MVP until further notice.

Spoiler

As in, he took out the entire Hoshido side of the brothers' conflict, without flinching.Ā  I literally sent everyone else to the other side.Ā  He finished first.

Ā 

I'm on Chapter 17 with mostly every History mode mission that is appropriate for my levels.

Chrom at 32, Rowan at 31, Lianna and Marth tied at 30. Rowan is my story mode guy and I prioritize Lianna for History Mode. I also just grabbed Paragon for Marth, but I don't even have revealed the items I would need to put it on anybody else.

21 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm on Chapter 17 with mostly every History mode mission that is appropriate for my levels.

Chrom at 32, Rowan at 31, Lianna and Marth tied at 30. Rowan is my story mode guy and I prioritize Lianna for History Mode. I also just grabbed Paragon for Marth, but I don't even have revealed the items I would need to put it on anybody else.

Spoiler

You always need the original owner of the skill's essence to put it on other characters plus their gold drop I believe.

Ā 

Takumi is at level 60 for me. Far beyond anyone else. He just solos and destroys everything, while being so much fun to play as.

Sakura is almost at 50 I believe. It's great that I can use both my favourite Fates characters at the same time, since their roles are so different once Sakura has access to a magic bow. There's even a map in History mode that forces you to only use archers, and since I haven't unlocked Anna yet, it was only the two of them against the world. They beat the map no problem. Granted, Takumi did most of the work since it was filled with mages, but Sakura did a great job keeping the main fort safe and jumping in with a heal for an npcĀ unitĀ inbetween.

Hinoka is in the latter 40s too. I can't believe people have so many problems using her. It's a bit different at first, but now she shreds enemies with ease. Certainly an easier time than I ever had with Camilla.

Robin is my very clear winner at a respectable Lv. 55 (I've only gotten as far beating up Gharnef in Story Mode but the first two History Maps are completed with S Ranks on all non-space-time distorted missions). After that comes Leo at 45 and Sakura at 43. The rest range from below 35 to 20 (with some promoted which closes the gap for now).

Robin is definitely my top/ favorite unit. Lissa, Leo, and Lucina are a close second. Frederick and Cordelia are in my third favorites.

These six are the first ones I master sealed.

Ā 

Just got Marth, Caeda, and Tiki, so trying them out now. Leo is the only unit from Fates that I want to play as. Haven't gotten Lyn or Celica yet, but I really want to.

Edited by Lord_Grima

Oh, top units as in personal tops. I thought this is about the most useful units, on which several sites suggested Ryoma and Lyn.

Mine, right now:

Lianne, level 87. I had to use her in the main story, and I kept usingĀ her with the intent to spend gold on the other less advanced characters later.

Lucina, level 81. Used her mostly for the dragon effectiveness.

Tiki, level 72. Very useful in chaotic battles where tons of enemies all aim at the player's base.

Others:

Caeda, Cordelia, Lissa, Sakura, Elise are all aboveĀ level 70.

Frederick, Robin, Rowan, Takumi andĀ Leon are at level 45 to 55.

Marth, Corrin, Hinoka and Camilla at level 38 to 40.

Chrom is at level 25, Ryoma and Xander ae at level 20, and I've never used Lyn and Celica, so they're at level 1. Too many sword characters indeed.

Ā 

Edited by nocturnal YL

...Wow, I feel so far behind. People got their characters to really high levels really fast. ._.

Meanwhile, my highest leveled character is Frederick at lv. 22 (no surprise there, huh? lol) I'm only at chapter 13 in story mode and haven't touched history mode, but still...

1 hour ago, nocturnal YL said:

Oh, top units as in personal tops. I thought this is about the most useful units, on which several sites suggested Ryoma and Lyn.

Mine, right now:

Lianne, level 87. I had to use her in the main story, and I kept usingĀ her with the intent to spend gold on the other less advanced characters later.

Lucina, level 81. Used her mostly for the dragon effectiveness.

Tiki, level 72. Very useful in chaotic battles where tons of enemies all aim at the player's base.

Others:

Caeda, Cordelia, Lissa, Sakura, Elise are all aboveĀ level 70.

Frederick, Robin, Rowan, Takumi andĀ Leon are at level 45 to 55.

Marth, Corrin, Hinoka and Camilla at level 38 to 40.

Chrom is at level 25, Ryoma and Xander ae at level 20, and I've never used Lyn and Celica, so they're at level 1. Too many sword characters indeed.

Ā 

Eh, I'm actively avoiding unlocking Lyn. Though, at least her complete absence from the plot is in line with how she really didn't contribute in Blazing Blade.

Camilla at 73, and I've mostly justĀ beaten the story + done the minimum to unlock F Robin and Lyn.

Lianna, Ryoma, Cordelia and Lucina are 50, Elise is 43 and Lyssa is 40. They're my core picks so everyone else is in the 20's and I haven't used them much.Ā 

I haven't focused on leveling up too much, but I use Camilla a lot as my powerhouse character so she's higher than the rest. I need to level up Leo, Robin and Tiki that I've been seriously neglecting so I can actually do the level to unlock Celica.Ā 

My current strongest is Marth at level 48, though that's mostly due to Paragon plus my desire to put Paragon onto other units.

Lianna, Robin, and Sakura sit at level 42; the former due purely to story mode, the latter two because I like using them a lot.

Nobody is below level 35 at the moment; I set that as my current baseline and used the Training Grounds to make sure everybody was at least there.

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, I feel so far behind. People got their characters to really high levels really fast. ._.

Meanwhile, my highest leveled character is Frederick at lv. 22 (no surprise there, huh? lol) I'm only at chapter 13 in story mode and haven't touched history mode, but still...

Word of advice:Ā Have your characters spend some time bonding with Marth when you get him and use the materials you get to unlock his character skill for everyone. Paragon is such a time saver for grinding EXP in this game and it makes characters levelĀ up fast.

Oh, and Marth is currently my third highest levelled character which is entirely due to Paragon being so broken, and he's closing the gap between him andĀ Robin and Leo who are still my highest levelled characters (at Lv. 65).

(I'm not finished with Story Mode, but I am completely finished with the three History Mode chapters I have so far, with the exception of all but one space-time distortion mission and the Anna missions + I've unlocked the true power of Leo's Brynhildr.)

Edited by Folt

2 hours ago, Folt said:

(I'm not finished with Story Mode, but I am completely finished with the three History Mode chapters I have so far, with the exception of all but one space-time distortion mission and the Anna missions + I've unlocked the true power of Leo's Brynhildr.)

I've unlocked the Exalted Falchion's full power and just have to meet the KO requirement for Parallel Falchion, but that's it on the weapon front.Ā 

4 hours ago, Folt said:

Word of advice:Ā Have your characters spend some time bonding with Marth when you get him and use the materials you get to unlock his character skill for everyone. Paragon is such a time saver for grinding EXP in this game and it makes characters levelĀ up fast.

Oh, and Marth is currently my third highest levelled character which is entirely due to Paragon being so broken, and he's closing the gap between him andĀ Robin and Leo who are still my highest levelled characters (at Lv. 65).

I was still kind of early in the game too though. But I see.

Though now my Frederick is lv. 41 while everyone else is still like lv. 25 or below...lol

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I've unlocked the Exalted Falchion's full power and just have to meet the KO requirement for Parallel Falchion, but that's it on the weapon front.Ā 

Now I've unlocked the Exalted Falchion's full power too, and am in the process of getting Xander the necessary materials to do the same thing with Siegfried.

With that, I'll basically have high power weapons to go for my entire main team (Robin - Brave Tome, Leo - Brynhildr, Xander - Siegfried, Lissa - Brave Axe). It owns.

Edited by Folt

59 minutes ago, Folt said:

Now I've unlocked the Exalted Falchion's full power too, and am in the process of getting Xander the necessary materials to do the same thing with Siegfried.

With that, I'll basically have high power weapons to go for my entire main team (Robin - Brave Tome, Leo - Brynhildr, Xander - Siegfried, Lissa - Brave Axe). It owns.

Don't really have a main team. Marth's scroll was relatively easy to come by though. Don't think I have brave weapons either as I have yet to touch the last two maps. Guess I'd better just suck it up and start one.