Support Conversations you Want/Expect to see for the DLC characters? (Spoilers)

Jave

OK, so we recently got confirmation on the DLC characters and content, but what other characters would you like to see them interact with, be it base roster characters or other DLC characters?

Azura x Olivia seems like a given, maybe they'll decide to perform a show together. Also I'd love for Azura to finally get the Support with Camilla she didn't get in Fates.

Tharja will most definitely get one with Robin, but I also see her getting one with Corrin where she stalks her for "scientific" reasons.

Niles x Owain seems also like a given, as well as both supporting Leo. Owain will definitely have one with Lissa.

Oboro will get one with Takumi for sure, but I really want to see her getting supports with any of the Nohrian royals just to see how it goes. Also a support with Lucina where they talk about their different tastes in fashion.

Minerva will likely get one with Camilla where they probably discuss their wyverns. Side note, but it's a shame Cherche isn't in this game, maybe one of the other Awakening characters could bring Cherche's wyvern up, but I doubt it.

So the problem I see with Azura and Olivia or Niles and Owain Supporting with each other is that they're DLC characters from separate DLC packs. Historically, DLC characters in Fire Emblem don't Support with one another unless they come in the same pack, though admittedly there isn't much to go on as we only have the SpotPass characters from Awakening, Anna from Fates, and the Cipher 4 from Echoes. However, none of the Awakening or Echoes characters support with another character who didn't come in the same map as they did(Anna is of course alone and therefore isn't for or against this argument), despite the fact that Emma and Shade have much more history with one another - and therefore reasons to make Supports for - than Emma and RandalLando or Yuzu and Shade. I suppose they could get around this, but I doubt they would bother.

I actually think Tharja will Support with Camilla because they seem bent on ruining Camilla's already strenuous reputation just looking at her Frederick and Caeda Supports - the Support would basically be Camilla asking Tharja why she stalks Robin so much, Tharja says some BS about wanting to keep Robin safe or show her affection or some such nonsense, Camilla says that's a wonderful idea, and resolves to do so to poor Corrin herself. I do agree on the Robin Support, though, and hey, I'd want to see her talking to Corrin, though they couldn't really reference Rhajat that easily.

Oboro and Takumi would of course be ridiculous NOT to include. Normally I'd say it's a given, but given this game's track record of meh-ness…I'm keeping my expectations about as low as they can get.

Navarre could also easily Support with Caeda, as the two seem to have some unexplained history looking at his recruitment conversation in Shadow Dragon, and that could be interesting to see.

All of this is of course assuming such Supports are allowed and they don't just only make the DLC characters Support with one another, which while stupid would not surprise me.

27 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

All of this is of course assuming such Supports are allowed and they don't just only make the DLC characters Support with one another, which while stupid would not surprise me.

I dont think that would happen, with my take away being that Tiki has unique dialog for Owain when she defeats him, since she has such unique diolauge, id think that the DLC characters (at least those present in the base game) Will support with the main cast. The only thing we dont really know is if its DLC connected. If it is, then I think there wouldnt be that much missed supports to see. perhaps just 1 missed at most.

Theres also the point of Niles having unused support in the game right? so they should be able to support the main cast and not only each other.

Edited by Thany

I would like to see Owain and Chrom have a support conversation because despite being related they didn't have one back in their home game. I have no idea what they would talk about though besides Chrom comparing Owain to Lissa's frantic personality.

Eeeehhh I actually don't think that Takumi and Oboro will have one, I think they are going to avoid it but I have the bad feeling they are going to give her one with Niles and that's something I don't want to see again... But if they in fact have one, I hope is better than the one in fates! That's all I ask because I don't liked their fates supports.

But what I want, is Oboro gaving supports with Lucina!!! Like c'mon!!! Let Lucina and Oboro talk, tell me how can this not be funny? terrible fashion sense Lucina talking with master of fashion Oboro? PLZ KOEI I WANT THIS! I NEED THIS!!

Also... Is too much to ask for Oboro and Leo support? Or anyone of the Nohrian siblings! It will be interesting and that's the types of Supports I would have liked for her in Fates, just a talk with the Nohr siblings to help with her Nohrian problems But plz don't make Niles with Takumi plz just no, I don't want to see that...

I hope they leave that Niles and Sakura support, since I kinda liked it.

Minerva and Camilla sounds like something to happen because dragons, and I would like to see Linde with Leo since... well... crack ship thanks to Heroes haha.

Lyn and Azura sounds like something that can work too and of course what is more likelly to happen: Azura with Olivia!

Edited by SniperGYS

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

I hope they leave that Niles and Sakura support, since I kinda liked it.

You like him preying on her, and literally hoping she'd crash and burn so he could swoop in and seduce her?? Okay.. I seriously hope this is just a case of the localizers goofing up terribly. Like with the original support he had with Elise. He wanted to see her crash and burn alright, but only out of petty spite at her seemingly having a more sheltered childhood than him, not out of any predatory desires.

Anyway, I hope they also add some supports between characters in the base game. I am still miffed at Leo and Takumi not having a support and none of the Hoshidan siblings bonding with each other. 

59 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Anyway, I hope they also add some supports between characters in the base game. I am still miffed at Leo and Takumi not having a support and none of the Hoshidan siblings bonding with each other. 

Im just going to take a guess and say they did that to try their best to avoid to many canon supports with each other, since we ended up getting ryoma/leo and takumi/xander that wasnt in the base game. and even a child unit like Lucina having a support with Lissa.

I just hope the dlc adds supports to unit that never had a support conversation origonally.

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

Im just going to take a guess and say they did that to try their best to avoid to many canon supports with each other, since we ended up getting ryoma/leo and takumi/xander that wasnt in the base game. and even a child unit like Lucina having a support with Lissa.

I just hope the dlc adds supports to unit that never had a support conversation origonally.

If ChromxRobin and CornxBigbros get their fanservice, that argument holds no water for me. This is a fanservice game, so you'd think they'd know who to pander to.

Just now, Nanima said:

If ChromxRobin and CornxBigbros get their fanservice, that argument holds no water for me. This is a fanservice game, so you'd think they'd know who to pander to.

Robin and Corrin are weird ones since they always were able to support with every single person in their game. so that was unavoidable for them. so I personally dont count them, Like i said, they wanted to try and avoid as many canon as possible, but of course a few would happen sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Thany said:

I feel like they did conversations of units that make sense (Chrom and Robin for example) regardless of game, and then some new ones (Lucina and Cordelia being one and it's amazing because they are good friends) So for the dlc some logical ones but also unexpected ones will happen. I say for the past games add on characters writing all that dialogue isn't worthwhile and takes up some memory. The switch is more powerful then the 3ds and while VA does take up space, more support convos should hopefully be a thing.

I hope we do get at least for the Awakening DLC 

Owain: Lucina Lissa Marth 

Tharja: Camilla Leo Robin 

Olivia: Azura Lissa Navarre 

Also I hope they expand for the characters already in game like Lucina with Lyn the two most popular girls. 

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

You like him preying on her, and literally hoping she'd crash and burn so he could swoop in and seduce her?? Okay.. I seriously hope this is just a case of the localizers goofing up terribly. Like with the original support he had with Elise. He wanted to see her crash and burn alright, but only out of petty spite at her seemingly having a more sheltered childhood than him, not out of any predatory desires.

I was talking about this part

Spoiler

Sakura: Oh, Niles! I...I was just thinking of all those wounded soldiers today... I tried to help as many as I could, it just...it just still didn't feel like enough.

Niles: No matter how many soldiers get injured, there's still only one of you. It's madness to think you could heal every last one!

Sakura: Maybe...but if only I could soothe them or put their minds at ease. I don't know how much longer I can stand watching my friends get hurt.

Niles: Hmm... Then I guess you don't have a choice, do you? If you don't like seeing people get wounded, stay off the battlefield. What good are you if all you do is stand there and mope about it?

Sakura: You're right. The only solution is to stay home and give it all up. B-but could I really do that? If I'm choosing between being useless and being useful...I choose the latter.

Niles: Don't be a fool!

Sakura: W-what?!

Niles: Oh, Princess Sakura... So naive... Think about it. Every time you heal a soldier, they must return to the fray.

Sakura: I, uh...and?

Niles: And that soldier is bound to get injured again. So what's the point?

Sakura: ...Oh, Niles. You're pretty clever.

Niles: Huh?

Sakura: The point is we all keep fighting, no matter how much it hurts us. Even me. You used a little reverse psychology on me, didn't you? That was nice of you.

The ending of the supports wast actually weird, but in that part at least I thought it was good... Now, if it was for me, I will let Niles with 0 supports, but then fans will try to kill me, so I was trying to say something good for him... guess it was a bad idea.

You know how lucina can support with lissa in this game? well when Owain dark gets into the game, it would be neat for him to talk to his....uncle Chrom?

you know, just to see what kind of bond a family like them that acts pretty differently can make.

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

I was talking about this part

Hide contents

Sakura: Oh, Niles! I...I was just thinking of all those wounded soldiers today... I tried to help as many as I could, it just...it just still didn't feel like enough.

Niles: No matter how many soldiers get injured, there's still only one of you. It's madness to think you could heal every last one!

Sakura: Maybe...but if only I could soothe them or put their minds at ease. I don't know how much longer I can stand watching my friends get hurt.

Niles: Hmm... Then I guess you don't have a choice, do you? If you don't like seeing people get wounded, stay off the battlefield. What good are you if all you do is stand there and mope about it?

Sakura: You're right. The only solution is to stay home and give it all up. B-but could I really do that? If I'm choosing between being useless and being useful...I choose the latter.

Niles: Don't be a fool!

Sakura: W-what?!

Niles: Oh, Princess Sakura... So naive... Think about it. Every time you heal a soldier, they must return to the fray.

Sakura: I, uh...and?

Niles: And that soldier is bound to get injured again. So what's the point?

Sakura: ...Oh, Niles. You're pretty clever.

Niles: Huh?

Sakura: The point is we all keep fighting, no matter how much it hurts us. Even me. You used a little reverse psychology on me, didn't you? That was nice of you.

The ending of the supports wast actually weird, but in that part at least I thought it was good... Now, if it was for me, I will let Niles with 0 supports, but then fans will try to kill me, so I was trying to say something good for him... guess it was a bad idea.

Oh I wasn't angry at you, just perplexed since my interpretation was so different. I expressed myself badly I guess. Sorry about that.;;; 

I actually like, well... Zero. I think he is a very complex character, that got watered down a lot in the localization. He's not for everyone, I know, I just hope his supports are better than what we have seen from the datamined English ones so far.

Really, any support that makes me actually like Azura simply because besides her being a musical performer, a main character, and a lady with... interesting fashion, I don't really get her appeal as a character.

I expect we'll probably get Oboro x Nohrian, probably Niles at that (that's the one Oboro x person support I'm sort of "eh" on).  And I think besides that, we'll also see Oboro support one of the Warriors twins as well as a Nohrian royal due to symmetry with the supports of Niles found in a datamine.  Beyond that for either Fates retainer, I'd like to see Oboro talk to Lucina (due to the latter's bad fashion sense) and Niles talk to Owain because... I mean come on, why would Niles not react to seeing someone who both looks and acts the same way as his partner in retainership?  Probably won't happen since they're part of two completely different DLC packs.

There are a lot of potential support options for Owain with the first-gen of Awakening.  I'd be down with him supporting Chrom.  We'd probably also get him with Leo.  And I could imagine him attempting to teach Rowan how to "tap into his inner darkness" as it were.  Beyond that, I'd also like to see him support Marth, because if we'd be getting Chrom, why not also get someone else who he shares blood with?  Have a big ol' family reunion!

Tharja... let's be real, she's probably gonna get one with Camilla simply due to them both being the probably the most fanservicey, avatar-obsessed characters from their respective games.  I just hope that it does more to improve them than hurt them.  Maybe also her with Niles for a big anti-hero pissing match though again, only if they'd have supports between characters from different DLC packs.  Aside from those, I think she could go any way.  No pairs I can think of with her that I'd really be clamoring for.  I'm afraid to say Corrin, because the only Tharja/Rhajat x avatar support I liked was the Japanese Rhajat x F!Corrin support, and all other ones involve stalking.  Though if we get her with Robin, I'd like a recreation of the B support, because those giggles are absolutely hysterical.

Not too sure on Olivia...  I never explored her character much.  Maybe FEW will give me a reason to?

As for the Shadow Dragon characters...  There's just too many options.  I mean, I'd at least like a support with Minerva and Marth and one with Navarre and Caeda.  You know, characters who actually interacted in their respective games.  Maybe also Linde x Tiki.  Beyond that, there's just so much I'd want to see out of them.  It's too bad Cherche isn't in this game because I'd love to see how Minerva would react to some lady naming her wyvern after her.

I really want Olivia x Azura but because they're different DLC packs I doubt it would happen, unfortunately. Olivia and Sakura would be cute because they could discuss being shy. Owain is also a descendent of Marth, would like a support there discussing it.  Tharja x Camilla is a given. I'd like to see Tharja x Corrin and see if she has the same attachment as Robin. 

I'd like to see Azura support with Lucina since they're both some of my favorites. I don't really care about either Oboro or Niles, though I expect Oboro to talk to Lucina about clothes. Niles would be interesting with Frederick since he's so uptight, Niles would make him uncomfortable.

I really just want the Shadow Dragon characters to support with each other.

The top supports I'd like to see added in this game would be..

Definitely Azura and Olivia. They'll probably have a conversation about singing and dancing together. It wouldn't surprise me if they did a performance together.
I also wouldn't mind seeing Azura and Lucina having a convo. (Only because they're my personal favs)

Tharja and Camila. This would be a silly and obsessive conversation. I would like to see Tharja also have a support with Corrin just to see what she'd say. 
Also a lot of people are saying Tharja will get a support with Robin, but i'm really hoping that they'll avoid that. My reason being, because they have pretty much avoided all the other popular romantic supports
Robin x Lucina (My personal favorite)
Robin x Cordeila
Robin x Anna
Camilla x Corrin
and sadly Chrom x Cordeila (I really wanted to see)

I feel like they should avoid it just for the purpose of that. If they are going to give them a support at least give Camilla and Corrin their rightful support.

The last support i'd like to see is definitely the one between Oboro and Lucina. I need that support! Make it happen <3  

I know they're in different DLC packs, and I know they already have a canonical support, but I honestly think it would be a crime if we didn't get Niles x Owain.  There's way too much potential there to just waste it.  Possibilities include Owain being really confused at first that Niles calls him Odin, but thinking it's an amazing name and wishing he thought of it; or Niles reacting like, oh my god, apparently all that nonsense you spouted about being from another world is true, and also wow, your original self is just as weird.  Basically I love Niles and Owain because it forces Niles to be the straight man, because if Niles were part of any other duo he'd be the weird one.

15 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Why?

They had some of the best supports in Fates, and I am shipping trash.

What it comes down to is that Elise is one of the only people Owain can support with in either game who likes playing along with his fantasies and joins in, so I'd like to see a support for that. Even better, I'd like to see a dual-special where they call out an overdramatic name for their team special attack.

6 hours ago, TheSS said:

I'd like to see a dual-special where they call out an overdramatic name for their team special attack.

This is a very good reason to want to see a support between those characters. hearing elise say over the top attacks would be very funny to hear.

Edited by Thany

And here I am, wanting to see Olivia and Owain support.  What's the worst that could possibly happen between the shirking violet and, uh, Owain? :P:

On a more serious note, would love to see a support between Xander and Linde.  He wields a sword of darkness, she has command of light magic.  Would be cool to see the philosophical differences.

For me, these are what I like to see happen.

Azura x Olivia

Azura x Corrin

Oboro x Fredrick

Niles x Fredrick

Cordelia x Minerva

Owain x Leo

Niles x Owain

Navarre x Celica

Navarre x Caeda

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia