Why does *spoiler* happen?

TheSS

Is it ever stated the specific reason why Inigo/Owain/Severa always return to Ylisse without fail when the story is done? Even if they're married to royalty? Is something still going on back home that needs their help, or do they just really get home sick?

Because they're not technically supposed to be there. It isn't their world. They were summoned by Anankos to protect Corrin and then move back. If you see their supports together, they mention that they get home sick and if you see their S supports with anyone else, they'll mention they'll need to return at some point.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Because they're not technically supposed to be there. It isn't their world. They were summoned by Anankos to protect Corrin and then move back. If you see their supports together, they mention that they get home sick and if you see their S supports with anyone else, they'll mention they'll need to return at some point.

Huh, seems like a double standard to me. Like, how is having the spouse leave with them any better?

For Severa she is homesick as seen with her support with Odin. missing Ylisse I guess she never felt fully comfortable in the Fates would. As for Inigo he is feeling that he is losing the memories for the past. Odin is the most comfortable live in the Fates world. 

1 minute ago, TheSS said:

Huh, seems like a double standard to me. Like, how is having the spouse leave with them any better?

The the Hidden Truths DLC there is this conversation.

Anankos: Before we journey to my kingdom, I wish to give you something.

Owain: A tiny crystal ball?

Anankos: Listen well. When your work is done, if you wish to return to your true home...use this, and you may do so.

Inigo: What?!

Anankos: That crystal has the power to transport you through space and time. After you complete your mission, you can use it to return here. Or, if you truly desire it, you can return to your own time and world. However, know that it can only be used once.

I guess the trio wishes to take their lovers back to Ylisse, rather than never seeing them again. Also this sort of highlights the lack of different endings of all the playable compared to  Awakening.

51 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I guess the trio wishes to take their lovers back to Ylisse, rather than never seeing them again. Also this sort of highlights the lack of different endings of all the playable compared to  Awakening.

Well the end For the lover of both males is different in revelation path, but if one of then marry F!Corrin , he return to stay with his wife.

In case of Severa is a genetic female ending for all the males, except if she marry one of her friends.

Edited by Sieghart