PSA: The sequel probably won’t represent every game.

Dragonage2ftw

This isn’t like HW.

This whole game is more akin to the likes of their 3 game deal Gundam Warriors series, where they KNOW that there’ll be a sequel, meaning that they have to keep some nuts stored away for the winter. 

In all likeliness, for the next game, we’re most likely getting:

FE Switch.

Blazing/Binding.

Echoes.

The mere fact that they’re talking about sequels not only tells me that they’re planning one already, but that they need to keep something for later. And since Lyn and Celica are missing their friends, they’re higher up on the priorities list. Additionally, I don’t really think that they’d want to give us EVERY other popularly requested character at once. So, Ike and Ephraim would probably be saved for 3.

This is largely conjecture, of course. However, I keep seeing people say “The sequel needs to have every other game in the franchise in it” and that simply isn’t feasible. Not with the way they’ve been talking about it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more concerned with how much of the existing cast would carry over. I imagine the important ones (Marth, Caeda, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma) might stay and they'll cut out some of the others to make room since ideally, you want to build on this, not start anew.

Agreed that it's doubtful it would cover the rest of the series. Agreed also that the new Switch game is probably a lock and Elibe is likely high priority, but not sure about SoV. I could see them going with Sacred Stones to get the entire GBA era in one go similar to how our current one is the DS/3DS era.

Tellius is almost certainly going to have to wait for FEW 3, though I could see Ike being a bonus character in 2.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm more concerned with how much of the existing cast would carry over. I imagine the important ones (Marth, Caeda, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma) might stay and they'll cut out some of the others to make room since ideally, you want to build on this, not start anew.

Warriors games don’t cut out other characters.

They reuse em’ all.

11 minutes ago, Florete said:

Agreed that it's doubtful it would cover the rest of the series. Agreed also that the new Switch game is probably a lock and Elibe is likely high priority, but not sure about SoV. I could see them going with Sacred Stones to get the entire GBA era in one go similar to how our current one is the DS/3DS era.

Tellius is almost certainly going to have to wait for FEW 3, though I could see Ike being a bonus character in 2.

I, myself, said that SS was super likely, too, as I listed 3 games that were likely to get in (With the exception of Switch)

IIRC, I got a bunch of “LOL YOU THINK IS IS GONNA ACKNOWLEDGE STONES?” memes.

I reckon they'll port the characters we have now over to the sequel, maybe tweak the clones a little (or revamp them in Celica's case).

Then I think they'll rep Elibe and Tellius due to them specifically mentioning Ike and Roy, leaving a toss-up between SoV and FE Switch, though I feel like they'll go with SoV and leave Switch for Warriors 3 alongside Jugdral and Magvel. Voila, all continents repped.

31 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I, myself, said that SS was super likely, too, as I listed 3 games that were likely to get in (With the exception of Switch)

IIRC, I got a bunch of “LOL YOU THINK IS IS GONNA ACKNOWLEDGE STONES?” memes.

What? You listed SoV, not SS. You even said that Ephraim (and Ike) would probably be saved for the 3rd game.

1 hour ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

In all likeliness, for the next game, we’re most likely getting:

FE Switch.

Blazing/Binding.

Echoes.

This is what I'm thinking. Lyn and Celica's presence could be considered "teasers" for their games being focus games in the sequel. That leaves the third game, which would almost certainly be FE Switch.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if FE Warriors 2 includes Ike and Roy (or some similar pair of lords from non-focus games) in a similar capacity to Lyn and Celica, with the promise of making them focus titles for FE Warriors 3 alongside the eventual FE 17.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Warriors games, like, never-ever cut out characters between installments, ever, barring extenuating circumstances. They might not show up in the story mode, being restricted to History Mode, but they'll be in the game as playable units in some capacity.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Despite Hyrule Warriors having a lot of characters (including a character from Awakening!) It didn't get any from Zelda 2 (unless you want to be stingy and say Impa because of reincarnations), Minish Cap, and Oracles. You could argue Link To the Past but I group that with Between Worlds since it was a direct sequel.

If anything I'd love to see a sequel with more weapon choice. Why have a magic stat if no weapon will be able to use it?

I doubt they would pull that to be honest. More like Binding/Blazing Blade, Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, and Fire Emblem Switch considering their multiple statements of Roy and Ike. They know who is popular.

But expecting Genealogy rep outside of maybe Sigurd and Seliph, and Sacred Stones rep outside of Erika and Ephraim would only cause the same reaction as what happened here.

Personally I never thought that any sequel would cover every game, since there are too many left to give adequate representation.

I predict that a hypothetical sequel will cover the Switch game (as the "new hotness"), Elibe, and Tellius (because I don't think they can get away with excluding Roy and Ike more than once), while including Alm so Celica and Kyle McCarley is less lonely. Genealogy and Sacred Stones can get preview characters or DLC depending on if they think they'll make a third game, but I doubt they'll get anything other than that.

And for Heroes players, they'll include Reinhardt as the most powerful character in the game.

Edited by Lightchao42

I don't think there's much sense in trying to predict which games would be featured in a sequel. There could be two original FE games released before we get a FEW2, and that would throw everything off balance. 

2 hours ago, Hardin said:

I don't think there's much sense in trying to predict which games would be featured in a sequel. There could be two original FE games released before we get a FEW2, and that would throw everything off balance. 

I dunno, man.

KT strikes when the iron is hot.

Gundam Warriors 2 came out 1 year after the first game.

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

We might not even get a sequel!

I think that a sequel is likely at this point.

10 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I dunno, man.

KT strikes when the iron is hot.

It doesn't matter what KT solely wants. If NCL doesn't want to have a second FEW until their next console, it won't happen until the next console. 

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

We might not even get a sequel!

The devs are confident enough that we'll get a sequel that they've officially stated we won't get Ike or Roy until the sequel happens(meaning they won't be in any future DLC for the current game). It's more a matter of when.

I mean, I assumed that was the case regardless; they likely can't go back on the "all lords plus some more characters" thing now. I assume Binding, PoR, Echoes, and the new Switch game will get representation however; I do say four games based on how Fates had a large roster that halving it into two games would make sense. Of course, I also include Binding and PoR since the devs mentioned saving Roy and Ike for a sequel, and Echoes because it's also new and Valentia rocks.

I personally haven't seen folks say the sequel should have reps from every game, though. Where'd you hear that specifically?

I’d love PoR/RD and Blazing Blade 

Ike, Mist, Soren, Boyd, Rolf, Oscar

Michiah, Sothe, Edward, Leonardo, Nolan (Maybe Aron and Laura) (Idk I loved the dawn brigade early party members so I’d love more) 

I also think making Pelleas a late game addition would be cool, he had a big role but was not playable much so probably no.

roy..I’m only really excited for roy. 

Maybe add a few more characters from original 3 focus games, like Merric who isn’t in DLC. Maybe another villain per game. 

Well maybe the sequel would cut out the other characters and start over. Like how Smash doesn’t bring everyone back

7 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Warriors games don’t cut out other characters.

They reuse em’ all.

To be fair, Samurai Warriors 3 removed Gracia. Sure, she was back for the Xtreme Legends version, but the base game didn't had her at all.

Then again, it might just be an isolated case. Though I don't really much know about Warriors games outside Dynasty and Samurai.

I'm going to put aside how disgusting I find this sort of sequelization and KT blaming fans for "not wanting a sequel bad enough" when it comes to their sales.

Aren't they doing a new engine for future warriors games? Would they even be able to port assets from one to another? I think the only thing you could do is port over character models/texture work, nothing that relies on code like animation data, UI, weapons and stats, etc. I don't know if KT plans to keep making spinoff games on the old engine, but if they don't this throws a wrench into the possibility of a FEW Legends. And I better not see a teaser for a sequel or hear any developer interview hint at it at any point of 2018. Give it a few years. Give time for fans to start craving a return. This particular point is mostly on IS, the last three fire emblem games released have been two spinoffs and a remake. I'm far more interested in how the series will push forward, rather than what entries I want to see rehashed next.

3 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I dunno, man. KT strikes when the iron is hot. Gundam Warriors 2 came out 1 year after the first game. I think that a sequel is likely at this point.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

The devs are confident enough that we'll get a sequel that they've officially stated we won't get Ike or Roy until the sequel happens(meaning they won't be in any future DLC for the current game). It's more a matter of when.

Realistically.. yeah. Honestly if they're talking about it, they're planning it. I'd be pretty happy, the gameplay is pretty polished. It's fun to play.

If they're saying it'll feature Roy and Ike, and Lyn is already in this one.. I wonder if they would feature FE7 characters or just go with FE6. I kind of expect them to favor the international releases. Maybe it would just have FE7 mostly and main characters from 6.

38 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm going to put aside how disgusting I find this sort of sequelization and KT blaming fans for "not wanting a sequel bad enough" when it comes to their sales.

Aren't they doing a new engine for future warriors games? Would they even be able to port assets from one to another? I think the only thing you could do is port over character models/texture work, nothing that relies on code like animation data, UI, weapons and stats, etc. I don't know if KT plans to keep making spinoff games on the old engine, but if they don't this throws a wrench into the possibility of a FEW Legends. And I better not see a teaser for a sequel or hear any developer interview hint at it at any point of 2018. Give it a few years. Give time for fans to start craving a return. This particular point is mostly on IS, the last three fire emblem games released have been two spinoffs and a remake. I'm far more interested in how the series will push forward, rather than what entries I want to see rehashed next.

We already know that a Switch title is being developed and is shooting for 2018; literally everything that came out this year was announced and promised via the Switch presentation or the Fire Emblem Direct back in January. Regardless of the fact that the games this year were a mobile title (that's doing very well), a remake that no one realistically was expecting, and a spinoff that's been clamored for for years by this point, the fact is that Fire Emblem had quite a lot of exposure this year. Quite simply, your concerns really have no grounding.

If it's a proprietary engine, it'd only make sense for them to try and find a way to allow for as much optimized asset compatibility as possible, including code. Ui are essentially specialized picture files (same as traditional textures unless they've jumped to a full blown materials-based system), weapons are models, and stats are pretty straightforward to apply once you've got the basic coding implemented. While I don't think they'll be brazen enough to attempt and make these an annual release, it certainly wouldn't be beyond their abilites...