PSA: The sequel probably won’t represent every game.

Dragonage2ftw

1 minute ago, DIO said:

We already know that a Switch title is being developed and is shooting for 2018; literally everything that came out this year was announced and promised via the Switch presentation or the Fire Emblem Direct back in January. Regardless of the fact that the games this year were a mobile title (that's doing very well), a remake that no one realistically was expecting, and a spinoff that's been clamored for for years by this point, the fact is that Fire Emblem had quite a lot of exposure this year. Quite simply, your concerns really have no grounding.

What has no grounding? I don't think you understood what I wrote. FE Switch could come at any point of 2018, I'm saying if we get a tease of FEW2 before that release, I will be furious. It doesn't matter that I know a new game is coming, it matters how burnt out I am on these damned crossover titles. Even Atlus had the tact to release Persona 5 worldwide before announcing their flood of spinoffs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

That's good. Guess all the negativity was for naught.

It always was.

Man, 2017 has really renewed my faith in peoples ability to not support bad games, and to go to quality instead. First Andromeda bombed, then MvC:I sold like 2 copies, then games like Persona 5, Nier: The Automata, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Cupman, and flippin' MARIO + RABBID'S did well.

What a timeline.

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

What has no grounding? I don't think you understood what I wrote. FE Switch could come at any point of 2018, I'm saying if we get a tease of FEW2 before that release, I will be furious. It doesn't matter that I know a new game is coming, it matters how burnt out I am on these damned crossover titles. Even Atlus had the tact to release Persona 5 worldwide before announcing their flood of spinoffs.

Spin-off titles are just that, spin-offs. They're not integral to the series and are skip-able if you're not interested.

As to how quickly KT can produce a sequel, I'm betting somewhere in late 2018 we may get some murmurings of it since DW9 is coming next year.

Firstly, OP, you're wrong, those won't be the three games used. Tellius will be used too, because Koei said they wanted to use Ike.

So the three will likely be Tellius, Elibe, and FE Switch.

Secondly, HW and HW Legends didn't even use every Zelda game either. The Four Sword and Oracle games were left out. So yeah, this is obvious.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Firstly, OP, you're wrong, those won't be the three games used. Tellius will be used too, because Koei said they wanted to use Ike.

So the three will likely be Tellius, Elibe, and FE Switch.

Secondly, HW and HW Legends didn't even use every Zelda game either. Thet Four Sword and Oracle games were left out. So yeah, this is obvious.

Listen, man.

I'm just tired of people saying stupid stuff like "THE SEQUEL BETTER REPRESENT EVERY FE GAME. ALL OF EM."

It's dumb.

It's an unrealistic expectation created by people who know nothing about Warriors games, or game development in general.

Just now, Dragonage2ftw said:

Listen, man.

I'm just tired of people saying stupid stuff like "THE SEQUEL BETTER REPRESENT EVERY FE GAME. ALL OF EM."

It's dumb.

It's an unrealistic expectation created by people who know nothing about Warriors games, or game development in general.

I never said it should represent every game though?

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why quote me? Sorry, I'm just confused.

Because you said "It's obvious that 2 won't represent every game."

I'm saying "Yeah. It is. But, apparently, not everyone is using their melon."

4 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Because you said "It's obvious that 2 won't represent every game."

I'm saying "Yeah. It is. But, apparently, not everyone is using their melon."

Ohhh. Okay, I see now. Sorry for the confusion.

15 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It's kind of a no brainer that they won't include every game even in a second game, I don't really see much of a point of this threads existence.

2 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I'm saying "Apparently, not everyone is using their melon."

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Zelda 2 was full of generic no-name characters though, unlike the Tellius saga, so that's really not a good example.

Well, Dark Link actually showed up in Zelda 2 first and that's probably as close as you'd get.

Personally, I think SoV will come in as a DLC pack for this game (it just needs Alm and another nobody, maybe Zeke as a stealth SD rep).

FEW2, i believe, will have FESwitch, Tellius (which will have PoR+RD, so it has double the weight of a normal game like Fates had here), and FE7 + Roy (since FE6's remake is unlikely to be out by then, and nobody really cares for anything in that game sides Roy, let's be honest).

4 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Mind if I ask where you're hearing it so much? I personally haven't seen demands like that.

My ideal sequel:

• Has a number of movesets, many pasted from FEW1, for each 'class'. Mounted sword, mounted axe, mounted sword, myrmidon, soldier, fighter, etc..
  • A number of MC's with unique movesets from FEW1 (Corrin, Chrom, etc..)
  • Various characters from 3-4 games/continents (Elibe, Tellius, etc..) with unique movesets
  • Various characters from those same games with generic movesets.
  • Various characters from FEW1 with generic movesets, many being added as free DLC over the course of the game's life

I'm not quite sure why people are talking about a potential FEW 3 when we don't have any confirmation of 2 beyond Koei Temco wanting to do it. Nor do I understand why people think KT would hold back Roy and Ike yet again when they've already said those two are first pick for FEW 2, unless KT doesn't want 2 to sell well enough to justify a sequel. If there is a sequel, it'll most likely get the DW Gundam Reborn treatment; that is, expect to see about 20-25 new characters instead of 5-10, and the original story will be chucked out in favor of mini-recreations of the various games' stories.

Anyway, if there is a sequel, I'd say Tellius, Binding Blade and Switch are the most likely candidates. Jugdral and Magvel might get DLC, but that's about it.

Edited by Azure Sen

16 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Mind if I ask where you're hearing it so much? I personally haven't seen demands like that.

Gamefaqs is the usual suspect here (especially since TC is fairly active there).

8 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

I'm not quite sure why people are talking about a potential FEW 3 when we don't have any confirmation of 2 beyond Koei Temco wanting to do it

Wait, what? I don't see anybody in the thread talking about it.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:45 AM, Glennstavos said:

DQH is our closest analogue, and its sequel came out 2 years later. I'd peg a hypothetical FEW2 release in Fall 2019.

Edited by The DanMan

22 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Wait, what? I don't see anybody in the thread talking about it.

To wit:

On 10/23/2017 at 3:49 PM, Dragonage2ftw said:

Additionally, I don’t really think that they’d want to give us EVERY other popularly requested character at once. So, Ike and Ephraim would probably be saved for 3.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:13 PM, Florete said:

Tellius is almost certainly going to have to wait for FEW 3, though I could see Ike being a bonus character in 2.

On 10/23/2017 at 4:49 PM, Lau said:

Then I think they'll rep Elibe and Tellius due to them specifically mentioning Ike and Roy, leaving a toss-up between SoV and FE Switch, though I feel like they'll go with SoV and leave Switch for Warriors 3 alongside Jugdral and Magvel. Voila, all continents repped.

On 10/23/2017 at 6:25 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Genealogy and Sacred Stones can get preview characters or DLC depending on if they plan on making a third game.

We don't even have confirmation of 2's existence yet, let alone who the roster would be. I think it's jumping the gun a little to talk about the potential roster for 3 with any certainty outside of dream rosters.

Edited by Azure Sen

14 hours ago, mega5657 said:

Man I can only imagine a sprawling Fire Emblem Warriors that went through and covered most of the series from the beginning in a single package. Sounds like a 5+ year project that'll cost millions though. Feelsbadman

That sort of thing is more likely to come through iteration in the unlikely event that this becomes a running franchise. Think something along the lines of Dynasty Warriors 8 XTREME Legends.