PSA: The sequel probably won’t represent every game.

Dragonage2ftw

5 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

To wit:

We don't even have confirmation of 2's existence yet, let alone who the roster would be. I think it's jumping the gun a little to talk about the potential roster for 3 with any certainty outside of dream rosters.

...Yeah. Not sure how I missed those posts.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

DQH is our closest analogue, and its sequel came out 2 years later. I'd peg a hypothetical FEW2 release in Fall 2019.

But doesn't Dragon Quest have official recognition as a religion in Japan? FE couldn't classify as a one man cult by comparison.

The best thing FE has going for it for a quick sequel is a large roster of popular characters not in the first game.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But doesn't Dragon Quest have official recognition as a religion in Japan? FE couldn't classify as a one man cult by comparison.

The best thing FE has going for it for a quick sequel is a large roster of popular characters not in the first game.

Yeah, DQ is stupidly popular, but it got a sequel because it was successful; if FEW is successful globally and Nintendo gives the OK, then a sequel can happen. I believe both Gundam Warriors and Pirate Warriors had sequels released a single year after the first; does that diminish Dragon Quest? No.

The difference between LoZ and FE is as you said: FE has far more characters that can be monetarily exploited. HW, after DLC, covered most of its bases (with the only outliers being the handheld games-- which are held as far less relevant --and, with its release, BotW). FEW is entirely focused on only a couple games, with the devs themselves talking about a potential sequel. Really, it all comes back to whether it does well enough to warrant one.

Just now, The DanMan said:

I believe both Gundam Warriors and Pirate Warriors had sequels released a single year after the first; does that diminish Dragon Quest? No.

Well you're talking the quintessential mecha anime series and another very popular anime, of course they'd get sequels quickly too. Even faster sounds feasible since you have an even larger crowd of buyers than DQ I'd think.

9 hours ago, Etheus said:

That sort of thing is more likely to come through iteration in the unlikely event that this becomes a running franchise. Think something along the lines of Dynasty Warriors 8 XTREME Legends.

Ah I see what you mean. Fingers crossed FE:W becomes a running franchise lol. Though to think about it I can't see too many more of these being made unfortunately :mellow:

7 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Yeah, DQ is stupidly popular, but it got a sequel because it was successful; if FEW is successful globally and Nintendo gives the OK, then a sequel can happen. I believe both Gundam Warriors and Pirate Warriors had sequels released a single year after the first; does that diminish Dragon Quest? No.

The difference between LoZ and FE is as you said: FE has far more characters that can be monetarily exploited. HW, after DLC, covered most of its bases (with the only outliers being the handheld games-- which are held as far less relevant --and, with its release, BotW). FEW is entirely focused on only a couple games, with the devs themselves talking about a potential sequel. Really, it all comes back to whether it does well enough to warrant one.

Small nitpick, but there's actually quite a bit for them to delve into from the games already featured; Groose is a common request alongside the rest of the sages (Saria, Nabooru, Rauru), even some oddballs that would work like Aryll, one of the Resistance fighters, Hilda, Linebeck, and multi-entry characters like Malon or Twinrova. While Fire Emblem does boast a cast of  close to a thousand potential entries, they're clearly more fixated on fitting them into a class-based system rather than making each character unique like in Hyrule Warriors...which I really can't fault them on based on the source materiel.

20 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I believe both Gundam Warriors and Pirate Warriors had sequels released a single year after the first; does that diminish Dragon Quest? No.

You're correct, by the by.

Gundam Warriors 2 came out one year after Gundam Warriors 1.

If I'm remembering right, they announced Pirate Warriors 2 not long after Pirate Warriors 1 released in the West.

Also, to answer your question: I saw the "NEXT GAME NEEDS TO HAVE EVERYONE" garbage on YouTube and Nintendo Everything, mostly.

Elibe and Tellius will be featured alongside FE Switch. 

Those two universes have the most fanfare behind them, and it was specifically mentioned by the devs how Roy and Ike were going to be put in a sequel.

And one additional Magvel (likely Eirika or Eprhraim) + Judgral character(likely Seliph or Reinhardt), just like how this game had Celica and Lyndis. We may also get Alm thrown in there as well, to join lonely Celica.

Edited by Dandee Leone

I just want more Fire Emblem Warriors in general, DLC or a new game in a year or two.

Not gonna lie though, I want Tellius included. Not for Ike though, but rather for the chance of Nephenee...also Sacred Stones just for Eirika.

I could see more characters included in a sequel if they continue to use the 'Class' template though, such as Nephenee using the upcoming Oboro/Azura moveset, while making new ones for Thieves/Ninja, Beastkin, non-loli Manaketes, Lance Cavalry, etc.

If we were to get a sequel, im sure they would add a dagger weapon class, so they could add thieves and whatnot in the game, Id imagine Daggers wouldnt do alot of damage, but a critical hit would weaken said target so they take more damage.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

If we were to get a sequel, im sure they would add a dagger weapon class, so they could add thieves and whatnot in the game, Id imagine Daggers wouldnt do alot of damage, but a critical hit would weaken said target so they take more damage.

Maybe even additional damage if you dodge behind them and stab them in the back lol

15 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Maybe even additional damage if you dodge behind them and stab them in the back lol

And suddenly FE Warriors becomes TF2 Warriors.

Saizo: "May I borrow your earpiece? 'This is Oboro! Nohrians make me cry! Over!'"

I don't think we should be expecting to many of the older games in a sequel. We may get Elibe or Tellius but I can't both see getting proper representation. 

I can see the next game picking 3 core games again but by the time of a FE warriors 2 Fire emblem Switch must have already been released so I think we can expect that game to get a lot of attention. Another one of those 3 games is probably going to be Shadow dragon or new Mystery. They didn't get very much in this game and its not like IS to favor Tellius and Elibe over Archenea. I think one of the 3 core games is also going to be an Archenean one so their roster can keep up and the Japanese can be kept happy.

Which leaves us with either Elibe or Tellius for the third core game with the other one at least getting its lord in as token representation. 

If Elibe is picked then I wonder how they are going to handle their roster. Will it take characters from both games or will only one of the two get into the game? If only one game makes the cut I think it would be binding blade because its got Roy in it. I'd find that to be the worse outcome because aside from a few exception I think Binding blade has the worse cast of the two. It would also imply a lack of Hector and the first western game again not getting its due. 

I think a perfect set up for Fire Emblem Warriors would be taking the Borderlands 2 route of supporting this game for 2+ years with DLC. Spread the DLC out between a ton of different eras, throw together new history mode maps, characters, supports, hell they could even throw a new gamemode in and maybe a continued story mode.

Now I highly doubt, and I mean HIGHLY doubt that will ever happen. But its what I think would be the ideal route for them to take with this.

If a sequel does get made my current thoughts is that it will focus on a different trio of games, say for instance Tellius, Elibe, Jugdral although one of those will probably be cut out for Fire Emblem Switch but since the developers stated that Ike and Roy would be saved for a sequel I would expect them both to appear in another FE warriors game. Ideally I would like both Jgdrall and the Tellius games to get shown in the same Warriors crossover. As both games have some of the best lore in Fire Emblem  they both have huge worlds, and both of them have similar game mechanics such as the authority stars. Additionally I think a Warriors game featuring Jugdral characters would sell better if paired along with something like a Tellius roster, plus I think it would be awesome to play as Sigurd, Lex, Arden or Arvis in a Warriors style game. I know Arden is a bad unit but I still really like him plus the thought of an armor unit charging into a fray of hundreds of enemies and mowing them down sounds sooo good.

2 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

If a sequel does get made my current thoughts is that it will focus on a different trio of games, say for instance Tellius, Elibe, Jugdral although one of those will probably be cut out for Fire Emblem Switch but since the developers stated that Ike and Roy would be saved for a sequel I would expect them both to appear in another FE warriors game. Ideally I would like both Jgdrall and the Tellius games to get shown in the same Warriors crossover. As both games have some of the best lore in Fire Emblem  they both have huge worlds, and both of them have similar game mechanics such as the authority stars. Additionally I think a Warriors game featuring Jugdral characters would sell better if paired along with something like a Tellius roster, plus I think it would be awesome to play as Sigurd, Lex, Arden or Arvis in a Warriors style game. I know Arden is a bad unit but I still really like him plus the thought of an armor unit charging into a fray of hundreds of enemies and mowing them down sounds sooo good.

I highly doubt Jugdral will get into one of these any time soon, I also doubt Tellius will get proper representation considering whats actually popular isn't Tellius but Ike himself.

If/When Elibe gets to be a focus continent, I could see it focusing on the Blazing Blade cast with Roy and possibly Lilina as extras in a Lucina/Owain "2nd gen" way. I don't think the rest of the Binding Blade cast is very relevant or popular with the possible exception of Marcus, who would come with Eliwood in his younger incarnation anyway.

28 minutes ago, Florete said:

If/When Elibe gets to be a focus continent, I could see it focusing on the Blazing Blade cast with Roy and possibly Lilina as extras in a Lucina/Owain "2nd gen" way. I don't think the rest of the Binding Blade cast is very relevant or popular with the possible exception of Marcus, who would come with Eliwood in his younger incarnation anyway.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afej/k_tohyo/index.html 

These numbers still stick somewhat in Heroes (although wheres Rutger?) 

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afej/k_tohyo/index.html 

These numbers still stick somewhat in Heroes (although wheres Rutger?) 

What are you meaning to say? Isn't that just a Binding Blade character popularity poll? Obviously some characters are more popular than others within the game itself. What is that supposed to mean for any of those characters' popularity overall?

12 hours ago, Florete said:

What are you meaning to say? Isn't that just a Binding Blade character popularity poll? Obviously some characters are more popular than others within the game itself. What is that supposed to mean for any of those characters' popularity overall?

I'm saying a number of them got into Heroes launch, so they have some clear sway in Japan.

On 11/1/2017 at 12:56 AM, Florete said:

Something like that, it would make for some neat Supports, I could see Hector getting all Papa Bear on Roy ("If you break my daughter's heart...").

Honestly I'd like the sequel to have main cast travel to different worlds where they run into the heroes of respective games. So sort of like the premise of Heroes except instead of contracts, the big bad is causing trouble through alliances and deceit. Which brings me to my next point, I want villains to have a reason for working the big bad of the game instead of just because he's there. Like in Magvel, the Big Bad manages to gain control of the Demon King's soul, having control of an endless horde of monsters. Valter and Caellach join him because he offers them a means to further their own goals. More people for Valter to slaughter and a kingdom for Caellach to rule. In Elibe, he bolsters Zephiel's forces in exchange for War Dragons. Oh yeah, also no more generic one eyed monster (phrasing boom). Instead, you're facing Baelfangs, Mauthedogs, Centaurs, Mogalls, Wights, etc as monstrous units...when you're not fighting humans.

On 11/1/2017 at 5:48 AM, Anomalocaris said:

I'm still banking on Blazing Blade, Shadows of Valentia, and FE Switch being the three focus games, with Roy and Ike being the two bonus characters akin to Lyn and Celica.

On 10/27/2017 at 3:47 AM, Dandee Leone said:

Elibe and Tellius will be featured alongside FE Switch. 

Those two universes have the most fanfare behind them, and it was specifically mentioned by the devs how Roy and Ike were going to be put in a sequel.

On 11/1/2017 at 12:19 PM, SavageVolug said:

If a sequel does get made my current thoughts is that it will focus on a different trio of games, say for instance Tellius, Elibe, Jugdral although one of those will probably be cut out for Fire Emblem Switch but since the developers stated that Ike and Roy would be saved for a sequel I would expect them both to appear in another FE warriors game.

On 11/1/2017 at 5:03 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think we should be expecting to many of the older games in a sequel. We may get Elibe or Tellius but I can't both see getting proper representation. 

I can see the next game picking 3 core games again but by the time of a FE warriors 2 Fire emblem Switch must have already been released so I think we can expect that game to get a lot of attention.

Seems to be pretty popular opinion that we'll get FE Switch represented in Fire Emblem Warriors 2, but it's not really as logical as people think.  I can imagine they're waiting for the response to the DLC before officially greenlighting the sequel, but even if they already have, development likely won't start until after March when the last DLC pack is released.  I doubt we'll see FE Switch released anytime prior to Q3/Q4 2018, and a FEW2 would likely come out Q1/Q2 2019. This isn't super far off from the overlap in dev time that Shadows of Valentia and FE Warriors had, and all we got from that game is Celica. Even her corresponding history map and the music remix is from Gaiden, not Echoes. 

Also, I don't think we'll see Binding Blade, or any Japan-only release, as a focus title anytime soon. New Mystery of the Emblem features Marth too, and we could've gotten that as a featured title, but we didn't. They based on Shadow Dragon, and I think it's a safe assumption that's because it saw an international release. Roy is an oddball character who has popularity because of Smash Bros., so I'm not positive we'd get anyone further from his game, sans maybe Lillina or Zephiel. I'll admit Heroes has shaken up the whole international character popularity and exposure, though, but Intelligent Systems knows what the most popular games and characters are. Blazing Blade is almost a guarantee given it's international popularity and notability being the first internationally released game.

They also don't have to focus on three new or separate games.. HW Legends added Skull Kid from Majora's Mask which was already represented in DLC. Don't be surprised when we see Severa or Inigo (especially with Olivia's inclusion now) or the trio's Fates counterparts or Felicia, Kaze or Jacob (or even Gaius) with the added weapon type not in this game. Characters aren't the only thing they'll expand on, of course.

Edited by dmurr