Your Favorite FE character's favorite song?

Alistair

The irony is, I don't know what Lukas's would be... BUT I do know Owain's: Eye of the Tiger. The 80s power ballad aesthetic fits him perfectly, and the lyrics occasionally fit his story (or, at least the Awakening portion).

Reyson: Bad Day. 

"Cause you had a bad day, you takin one down, you sing a sad song just to turn it around"

Fits perfectly.

Ike: Headstrong.

"Back off I'll take you on, headstrong to take on anyone, I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong"

Ike vs BK, nuff said.

Edited by Dragoncat

serra's favorite song is "say you love me" by fleetwood mac

i have no idea why i think this, but it's true now

edit: while someone might've been about to point out it's because serra says "ADORE ME" in heroes, now that I think about it i probably thought of that because one of serra's lines in heroes is "TAKE PITY ON LITTLE OLD ME" which is kinda like the first line of the song

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

serra's favorite song is "say you love me" by fleetwood mac

i have no idea why i think this, but it's true now

Sain's is I'm Sexy and I Know It lol.

6 minutes ago, Zasplach said:

Sigurd's has to be Johnny Cash's "Burning Ring of Fire".

Aaaaaaaand there it is. Somehow not the very first comment, imagine that.

1 hour ago, Alistair said:

The irony is, I don't know what Lukas's would be... BUT I do know Owain's: Eye of the Tiger. The 80s power ballad aesthetic fits him perfectly, and the lyrics occasionally fit his story (or, at least the Awakening portion).

I dunno, I almost wanna argue for One-Eyed Doll's Battle On - it's about as epic-sounding but confusing as he is. I did laugh nice and long imagining an FMV of Owain set to Eye of the Tiger, though.

30 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Lucina's would be "I Need a Hero"

Or A Light That Never Comes by Linkin Park. Somehow that one came to me when thinking about Lucina.

I think I would put Oingo Boingo's Weird Science for Rhajat. I'd need some time to think up others.

Emmeryn's would be "Jump" by Van Halen. Or "Free Fallin'" by the late great Tom Petty.

Caeda's would be "Do You Believe in Love" by Huey Lewis.

Libra's would be "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi.

Azura's would be "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" by whoever sings that song.

As for my favorite FE character: Ike's would be "Be a Man" from the Mulan soundtrack. 

14 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Okay now real talk: we all want to see an Owain Eye of the Tiger music video. That is just PERFECT.

Each "DUN" in "DUN DUN DUN" would just be photos of his various poses (like his myrmidon JoJo pose).

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Each "DUN" in "DUN DUN DUN" would just be photos of his various poses (like his myrmidon JoJo pose).

YES.

I once considered recording tiger laguz kicking butt in the Tellius saga and setting it to that song, but this is like 100 times better honestly.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

I'm trying to think of one for Lon'qu and drawing a blank...all I think of is like, music from samurai movies.

Hm…ARE there any songs about being afraid of women? I can't think of any…or songs about potato peeling. Can't think of any of those either.

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

As for my favorite FE character: Ike's would be "Be a Man" from the Mulan soundtrack. 

I'm not sure…wouldn't that song be more appropriate for Donnel considering its context? Or you could even go with Sully if you wanted to be funny.

Some more…some of these are just the first songs that came to mind for them that people would recognize, while others are just ones that seem to be one of multiple songs that feel right. Feel free to dispute of course.

Henry - Happy by Pharrell Williams

Lucina - Move Along by All American Rejects

Corrin - Numb by Linkin Park

Brady - Piano Man by Billy Joel(just imagine him trying to sing the song and getting all emotional in the middle)

Robin - Rather Be by Clean Bandit

Owain - Riding a Black Unicorn… by Aurelio Voltaire

Tiki - Return to Pooh Corner by…I don't know who it's by, actually…but it just…it somehow fits both versions of her.

Lilina - Shower by Becky G

Trying to think of songs for Roy, Alm, Katarina, and Ayra but i can't think of any at the moment.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hm…ARE there any songs about being afraid of women? I can't think of any…or songs about potato peeling. Can't think of any of those either.

I'm not sure…wouldn't that song be more appropriate for Donnel considering its context? Or you could even go with Sully if you wanted to be funny.

1: Those are his most defining traits, yeah, but I think more, a song that describes a silent badass? Idk.

2: Both those fit that song 100% better. And now I'm picturing Mulan starring Sully.

Hmm... I want to say that Tana's jam would be something pop and girly, something that would get on Innes' nerves... Shake It Off, maybe?

I think Python would dig the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Under the Bridge would be something he could sink his teeth into.

Charlotte would pretend to like slutty rap/pop like Kesha and Pitbull's Timber, but in reality, she might enjoy something like classic rock. I can see her headbanging to Gimme' Shelter by the Rolling Stones.

Setsuna acts like a deadhead (a fan of the Grateful Dead, just so everyone knows :/ ) in almost every way. I wonder if pot would even do anything to her, she seems like she can't get any more mellow. Anyway, Setsuna seems like a lover of the song Candyman.

Florina? Um... I think Florina would like whimsy, soft singers. Jasmine Thompson, A Fine Frenzy, Ingrid Michaelson, Colbie Calliat, or Regina Spektor... I think Florina would love You Picked Me by A Fine Frenzy or Bubbly by Colbie Calliat.

Dorothy sticks with the basic stuff. She doesn't want to hunt for music, it's hard and she's not interested enough. She'd pick something that is always playing in stores and resteraunts, something that has an sweet and positive message, possibly with a little 'tude to spice things up (though Dorothy really isn't one for spicing things up). Sara Bareilles' King of Anything or maybe Andy Grammer's Keep Your Head Up.

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan

Zephiel's would be The Times They are a Changin' by Bob Dylan....what? I think it's an appropriate song about accepting your new masters or death.

Virion's would be Cigarettes and Coffee by Otis Redding.

And Olivia's would be Boogie Oogie Oogie by A Taste of Honey to pump herself up.

Maybe it's because of my avatar+my title, but I feel like Homer's favorite song would be an Andrew WK song. Or at least it'd a song that represents him pretty well. If not Party Hard, then probably We Want Fun. Dude just wants to have a good time.

Or, now that I think about his recruitment, it'd probably be She Is Beautiful.

Alternatively, he could be big into R&B. Focus less on the "I like to have a good time" bit, and more on the "I like the ladies" bit. At that point it'd be pretty much "take your pick" and you'd find his song.

Edited by Slumber