Worst Fire Emblem Lord?

Zepler

For character design - Corrin (because no shoes, and unnecessary complicated design)

For personality and supports - Corrin wins this one again. 

In terms of stats - I'd have to say Roy? Yeah, Roy.

In terms of how they are fitted into the story - Alm, Celica or Corrin. (Alm creates so many plot holes, and his story line is just awful. Celica adds nothing to her game, and does nothing in it. (Except maybe for epic character design) Corrin makes the plot his waifu.)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On October 26, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Etheus said:

I will say that if we're counting spinoffs, Rowan is easily the worst lord. Every single thing about him is obnoxious and unlikeable. 

Agree  hes a paper bag  

On October 26, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Etheus said:

Sigurd is the Ned Stark of the Fire Emblem universe. Or perhaps the Rhaegar Targaryen. 

More like Ned, actually. And it's precisely why i like him. A good dude who fucks up super royally and gets bbq'd for his troubles. 

Corrin is probably the worst in story. They just..i dont even know. Ive kinda just come to terms with their plot shittiness, that im numb to it. 

Chrom rustles my jimmies in the story. Mostly because of how he strives to emulate his insufferably incompetent sister who martyred herself for literally nothing. Well, i think its more accurate to say that Emmeryn Puts my panties in a knot, and Chrom venerates her. D:

unit wise, ehhh...i had trouble keeping Roy alive during my ill fated fe6 run lol

2 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

Agree  hes a paper bag  

More like Ned, actually. And it's precisely why i like him. A good dude who fucks up super royally and gets bbq'd for his troubles. 

Corrin is probably the worst in story. They just..i dont even know. Ive kinda just come to terms with their plot shittiness, that im numb to it. 

Chrom rustles my jimmies in the story. Mostly because of how he strives to emulate his insufferably incompetent sister who martyred herself for literally nothing. Well, i think its more accurate to say that Emmeryn Puts my panties in a knot, and Chrom venerates her. D:

unit wise, ehhh...i had trouble keeping Roy alive during my ill fated fe6 run lol

Ned and Rhaegar have similar enough stories that their only effective difference is motivation. Ned dies for honor, while Rhaegar dies for love. Which of these more resembles Sigurd depends entirely on which you consider to be the greater motivating factor for  him at that point. I'm inclined to believe that he is more like Rhaegar because of this.

Either way, it's quite amusing to think of Seliph as basically being the Jon Snow of the Fire Emblem universe. And Arvis has some pretty striking similarities to my favorite character, Jaime Lannister, if I might add. 

46 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Ned and Rhaegar have similar enough stories that their only effective difference is motivation. Ned dies for honor, while Rhaegar dies for love. Which of these more resembles Sigurd depends entirely on which you consider to be the greater motivating factor for  him at that point. I'm inclined to believe that he is more like Rhaegar because of this.

Either way, it's quite amusing to think of Seliph as basically being the Jon Snow of the Fire Emblem universe. And Arvis has some pretty striking similarities to my favorite character, Jaime Lannister, if I might add. 

He does bang his own sister...

7 hours ago, Etheus said:

Yeah i was thinking about Seliph basically being Jon Snow. What would that make Julius then? 

Sigurd's actual death reminds me more of Rhaegar, while his motives are both like you said. 

Let's see...

Personality wise - I'd say Hector is my favorite (seemed pretty down to earth and I liked his character as a whole, especially with his interactions with Lyn) and Corrin is my least favorite (I found Corrin to be kind of a brat throughout the game, he's also very stubborn and likes to force his ideals onto his companions).

Unit wise - Might as well be called Sigurd Emblem, Ike is also another strong unit as well. As for the weakest, I'd have to say Roy just because of his shaky base stats and mediocre growths across the board (he's not tanky and he doesn't deal damage either). Lyn is also another strong contender but, for me she really only struggled pre-promotion (due to a non-existent Str stat) and started to gain usefulness as a Blade Lord.

Design wise - I'd say Celica (in Fe15) would have my favorite Lord (or Lady) design while my least favorite would be Lucina since her design seemed a bit lazy to me. It's probably because it looked like they just took Marth's art and added boobs and hair, not much creativity there imo.

Edited by Lunarly

2 hours ago, Lunarly said:

Design wise - I'd say Celica (in Fe15) would have my favorite Lord (or Lady) design while my least favorite would be Lucina since her design seemed a bit lazy to me. It's probably because it looked like they just took Marth's art and added boobs and hair, not much creativity there imo.

I don't want to sound like a perv, but Lucina isn't really busty at all. They just added some hair.

Now for my picks:

Story: Lyn. The only lord who has little to no presence/relevancy in the plot of the game she's in. She's just sorta "there" like a side character, only with a special class.

Personality: Corrin. The most bland lord. Despite being the lord with the most supports ever, very few of them actually do Corrin favors. It usually helps the other character only, while Corrin just nods in agreement/appeases them. One of the lows for Fates characterizations. It's normal to have lows in any FE game, but it should never be the Lord.

Unit: I find this one hard, mainly because each lord usually has a niche that only they fulfill. I can't decide on this one, but to me, the lords most lacking in stats/niche would have to be Roy or Lyn. Celica and Micaiah are dishonorable mentions, but their access to unique magics puts them above the other two, at least.

I like most Lord characters in FE, so this might be a tad difficult, but here we go anyway:

Worst / Story:
Lyn. She contributes next to nothing and is basically just eye candy next to Hector and Eliwood. I still like her character, but I can't deny her... er, unimportance to the plot.
Celica gets the shaft - no, not that one - toward the end of Echoes, which is sad. Still really like her, though.
The same goes for Eirika, as well. She is constantly depicted as being wrong / weak to make blue Kirito her brother look better in comparison.
(Notice how all three of these are cases of female characters that get shafted in favour of male ones?That sound so wrong, now that I think about it... Now, I wouldn't consider myself a feminist or SJW or anything of that kind, but it does make you wonder.)

Worst / Personality:
Ephraim. Easily. A guy who would abandon his people / responsibility to go beat stuff up. Also, he's a Gary Stu - basically Kirito before Kirito existed - and has a sister and loli complex. Just... why?
If we count spin-offs, then Rowan makes this list for being just plain obnoxious.

Worst / Design:
Rowan. Wtf is that hair? Lianna's at least looks decent enough (even though I personally would have preferred longer hair, but that's just me), but his? His giant mouth in the cutscenes is the icing on the cake.
And let's not forget the "glory" that is pantsless Marth and his derp face!
Gaiden!Alm and his bowl cut. Good thing they changed that for Echoes.

Worst / Unit:
Roy. Is that even a question?

For the sake of some positivity, I'll add my favourites (or personal best), too:

Best / Story:
Ike has the best character arc throughout his two games, I feel. His story is at least the most relatable to me.

Best / Personality:
Chrom. People give him shade for being bland and uninteresting, but I disagree. He has a very distinct personality, ranging from a kind brother to stern commander, he has to cope with his sister dying, him idolizing her isn't entirely wrong either, considering she is the only family besides Lissa that he had. And you'd rather look up to Emmeryn than his war-monging father, in my opinion.
Him trying (and failing) to play the straight man in the face of his more... quirky companions, Frederick especially, as ironic as that may sound, also adds a lot to his likability to me. He's overall a very down to earth kind of guy and I can respect that.
Honorable mentions go to Eirika, Celica, Hector, Eliwood and Alm, all of whom are really interesting characters (Eirika, Celica, Hector), have believable character arcs (Hector, Eliwood, Celica, Alm) and / or just have likable personalities as a whole (Eirika, Alm, Celica).

Best / Design:
Eirika. Especially her Heroes artwork.
Echoes!Celica and Female Corrin come close, though.

Best / Unit:
This one is really hard. I'd say Ike overall, but Echoes!Celica is overkill waiting to happen and Corrin is no slouch themselves.

Edited by DragonFlames

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

loli complex.

Since when does Ephraim have a loli complex?  Like, there's some fanfics out there about him and Myrrh, but in the actual game he sees her pretty much entirely as a little sister figure.  

Likewise, aside from maybe the face petting, his relationship with his actual sister is pretty much entirely platonic.  I wouldn't really call it a sister complex unless we're calling literally every brother/sister relation in the series a sister complex.

An actual sister complex is more like Leo toward Camilla, than Ephraim toward Eirika.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Since when does Ephraim have a loli complex?  Like, there's some fanfics out there about him and Myrrh, but in the actual game he sees her pretty much entirely as a little sister figure.  

Likewise, aside from maybe the face petting, his relationship with his actual sister is pretty much entirely platonic.  I wouldn't really call it a sister complex unless we're calling literally every brother/sister relation in the series a sister complex.

An actual sister complex is more like Leo toward Camilla, than Ephraim toward Eirika.

Maybe I just read their supports wrong. After Valter's *cough* infatuation with Eirika, my mind basically spiralled out of control when it came to that stuff in Sacred Stones. Such things are of course open to interpretation, but somehow my mind decided to interpret it that way.

By experience: Roy. He doesn't change classe until very late in the game, and you'll be stuck with a mediocre mandatory unit meanwhile 

On 1/23/2018 at 7:53 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, I'd be with you with that argument back in the day.... but Nowi exist now :lol:

MODEDIT: okay

28 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Yeah, I'd be with you with that argument back in the day.... but Nowi exist now :lol:

...How does Nowi change the way Ephraim sees Myrrh?  She's a completely unrelated character.

6 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

...How does Nowi change the way Ephraim sees Myrrh?  She's a completely unrelated character.

Simple: back in the day, as written, foster brother and sister relationship can be interpreted. Now, with Nowi who it's obviously still in early teens biologically, who can marry, and have at least one child... suddenly, the loli comments about Ephraim don't sound as ridiculous XD

1 minute ago, Midnox said:

Simple: back in the day, as written, foster brother and sister relationship can be interpreted. Now, with Nowi who it's obviously still in early teens biologically, who can marry, and have at least one child... suddenly, the loli comments about Ephraim don't sound as ridiculous XD

But Ephraim's character was written years ago, before that.  Like, Nowi and Awakening's writing doesn't affect how FE8's characters are interpreted that much.

Myrrh literally requests to call Ephraim "brother."  

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

But Ephraim's character was written years ago, before that.  Like, Nowi and Awakening's writing doesn't affect how FE8's characters are interpreted that much.

Myrrh literally requests to call Ephraim "brother."  

It's still rather awkward knowing that over a thousand year old lolis having children is canon XD

Worst Lord in terms of design: CORRIN. I don't know what the fuck he/she's wearing but I want to punch them in the throat for it. Eirika for having the most forgettable design in the series looking like a female Marth before Lucina was a thing and her Gary Stu brother is worse at not looking like Marth. FE2!Alm and Celica are archaic to the point where the Old Mystery art looks better. Dark Dragon!Marth would be here but I enjoy that design like how people can enjoy The Room and Birdemic.

Worst Lord in terms of writing: FE10!Ike because I don't really know why he's given a third of the game that should have went to the new characters when Ike is being bland and boring as shit because the writers have no idea what the fuck to do with Ike because his story/character development ended in FE9. Honestly, I think that FE10!Ike is the second worst lord next to CORRIN. Speaking of which, FUCK CORRIN. Male, female, Conquest, Birthright or Revelations, CORRIN will forever be shit regardless of what route you take or what gender you make them be. Sigurd, for all of his badass-ness and reliability feels like all of his character traits are on cliff-notes and didn't really express any character because most of his conversations are there to flesh out the plot further. I blame the SNES/SFC's limitations so Game!Sigurd gets a dishonorable mention. Manga!Sigurd is MY headcanon and I'm sticking to it.

Worst in the lore: CORRIN, because literally everyone likes CORRIN except assholes (Iago and Hans), blob monsters (Garon), and people being possessed by evil dragon god abominations (Conquest!Takumi before he dies.) so they don't fucking count. CORRIN can't go anywhere without anyone praising them even as they constantly fuck up. The prime example of this is Hinoka in the ending of Conquest. CORRIN ravaged her country, killed her mother by proxy, killed many loyal soldiers and retainers, killed both of her brothers, took her little sister as a hostage among other things and she treats it like a slap on the wrist because it's fucking CORRIN. Hinoka literally has a pile of good reasons to want to have CORRIN'S head on a fucking pike. I hate when people use the term Gary Stu/Mary Sue for characters that they hate because most of the time it's not the case. When I mean the term Gary Stu/Mary Sue, the narrative itself will bend over backwards to convenience the character in question.  Which, CORRIN has in fucking spades.

• 4 months later...

Lu-Fuckin'-Cina...

Her character is as flat as her chest, Her design is bland, she insults two lords, her supports with the kids are more repetetive than Cordelia's undying love for Chrom, she gets too many costumes in heroes AND Warriors, but most of all: out of all the kids in awakening, she has nothing intrrsting going on, and she's literally trunks from DBZ (WHICH i also despise).