Favorite and least favorite style/character?

Alkaid

So what's you're favorite and least favorite to use so far?

I gotta go with Camilla's for my favorite, since she's just a maelstrom of destruction. Lots of nice AOE to most of her attacks lets her smash through basic soldiers and hit multiple bosses easier than most. She has a good degree of forward momentum when comboing so she can keep moving through enemies and move up to bosses that get knocked back, but it's not so much she's harder to control like a Pegasus or Cav unit. I find her specials to be really good as scooping up lots of enemies easily as well. The only downside I felt for her was some of her attacks like the fireball she summons overhead come out a bit slow and can get interrupted by some bosses. Though once I put Astra on her that fixed that issue right up and made her just feel hilariously overpowered now. 

I think my least favorite for now is Xander. I might have said the Pegasus Knights, since they can be hard to control properly too, but I've gotten more used to those while Xander still annoys me. Xander just darts around far too much during his basic attacks for my liking. It's alright to plow through lots of grunts while staying on the move, but then when you need to fight a boss all that movement can be a nuisance. Pegasus Knights also move around a lot in their attack strings, but Xander's movement feels a bit more erratic for me. I also feel he's a bit lacking in the "oomph" department with his attacks. Though maybe all that moving is what's cutting some of that impact feeling from them. 

Honorable mention to Lissa for her crazy fun specials and strong attacks. 

Edited by Alkaid

The archer moveset has to be my favourite. It's so fluid and flexible, making for great crowd control as movement speed is also very high.  It also packs quite a punch (magical punch for Sakura). Never getting tired of mowing down so many units at once, without feeling like I am on a carousel (as mounted units are prone to do). It's also pretty satisfying to shoot down pegasi. Flying bosses become kind of a joke when facing an archer.

As for least favourite... Tiki is very hard to control. I know you can exploit her musou-> Awakening conversion, but it's annoying to keep in mind, and it makes her almost useless the second you switch control to someone else. 

Favorite is Leo/Elise. His C1 forces a stun gauge as if you had weapon triangle advantage against that enemy. That is so incredibly useful for a tome user, and allows the AoE critical hits on enemies normally exempt from them. And being mounted naturally gives you faster movement and the ability to carry random enemy captains to a fort or other objective to get more out of your specials. And that's what draws me to them over Robin, it's all the perks of Robin's moveset but with the strengths and weaknesses of a mount. Plus Elise in particular is the only mounted healer in the game, letting her do that job faster than others.

Least favorite are pegs. Yes all mounted units have a dash attack that moves too far, but only the pegs have an incredibly bad hitbox that actually asks you to judge your distance so as not to attack past your target. The other mounted units don't need to worry, the hitbox is out from the moment they start moving, not afterward. Pegs are only useful as pair up partners. Switch to them in order to cross gaps and move fast, and use dual attack to get the good stun guage on swordies. Also fliers have an annoying transition period between flight mode and grounded mode in which I often eat a punish just for trying to stop. Pegs are only good for utility, not for fighting. Perhaps this is a sly callback to GBA era fliers.

Edited by Glennstavos

Full disclosure - I haven't yet played enough of Xander, Ryoma, Corrin, Tiki, or Lyn to form an opinion of them.

My favorite character is Chrom. His animations are simple, fun, fluid, and impactful.

My least favorite character is Elise. I just dislike her as a character and she breaks my immersion. Nothing to do with playstyle, as I like her clone, Leo.

My least favorite playstyle is probably Rowan. Lianna feels a bit faster than him, and I simply find their playstyle to be marginally less appealing than everyone else. But there are no bad playstyles in this game.

I don't really care for the mage movesets, to be honest. Robin and Leo/Elise just don't mesh with me very well, not fun, which is sad because I like all the characters.

Camilla is fun to play, but with how strong archers are against fliers and how overwhelmingly sworded this game is, I find I don't use her often because I'm afraid of her dying. Lissa or Frederick are better options.

Lucina, Xander and Corrin are the most fun and I have found to be some of the most reliable. I'm sure Ryoma would call into this category as well as Chrom, but I don't use them as much. Lianna/Rowan aren't as good as them, even when promoted. I really enjoy Cordelia but again, an archer seriously gimps her. Oh well. 

I've only used Frederick, Cordelia, Hinoka, Ryoma, Lianna, Takumi, Marth, and Lissa. Those last two for like 10 seconds.

Of course, my bias is for Frederick, but I also just LOVE how brutal and powerful he is. <3 It's nice having a horse too!

I don't have any problem with the Peg knights though, I used them just fine. Takumi though, I had a lot of trouble using. I could hardly hit anything. >_<

Ryoma is awesome though, I love how he dual wields lightning blades in his Awakening special. XD Lianna is okay, don't mind her much at all.

I barely used Marth and Lissa, so I can't say much on them. So Takumi is sadly my least favorite to use so far.

Edited by Anacybele

Archers aren't so numerous that flyers are gymped in anyway. For story mode, I think I like using a balanced team of sword, Pegasus knight for lance, and an Axe user. 4th character can be a mage or archer. WTA just makes that much of a difference.

I love Camilla, her strong attack can blast through a weak point gauge which is really useful. The blond twins moveset is very balanced and easy to use. Archers certainly have low damage but they attack so fast with such large AoE that they build their special gauge the fastest and so can spam their specials the most. Mages  are useful for being able to put weak point gauges on any enemy,.

My favorite movesets are the Axe users, they are all awesome. Among the sword users, I like Corrin since she has a rather unique moveset which looks cool and is a lot of fun to use.

Edited by wissenschaft

I find mages, fliers, and archers to be quite fun. My most played four right now is Elise, Sakura, Robin, and Cordelia. Fliers can juggle which is fun to do. Mages have flashy X moves which I think are pretty fun. Listening to Elise call out her spells is pretty cute to me. Bow have some interesting specials and I like that you can just continue with X to shoot forever.

My least favorite is probably Lissa. Her animations are kind of meh and she just isn't that fun for me. She's my brother's favorite to play though. Also, I've kept her in a number of teams so she'd stay within the same level as everyone else, but she stays underleveled for some reason.

Favorite is definitely Lyn despite her Strong attack 4 being one of the worst in the game. So fast, fluid and her moveset is like a vacuum. Strong attack 6 is retarded.

Least favorite is either the mounted tome users or Lissa. I’d actually really like Lissa if you didn’t have to constantly press X for the attack buff every 20 seconds then dodge cancel it so you don’t get hit because the animation for that thing is just as long as this run on sentence.

Robin and Leo are definitely my favorites, Robin a little more. The Mages are fun and don't have to deal with the weapon triangle.

Lucina, Lissa, and Cordelia are second favorites.

Haven't gotten Lyn, Celica, or Anna yet. Definitely want to try them when I get them.

I want to use Tiki more, but I just don't like her moveset. I haven't needed to use any of the other Fates units, and I'm happy with that.

Camilla, just no.

Edited by Lord_Grima

Its funny cause I actually like all of the sword styles, barring one. If I had to pick one, it'd have to be Ryoma for not only being relatively fast, but also has a guard breaking C1 that makes all the difference, no matter who you face.

My least favorite has to go to Corrin. To me, her attacks seem too narrow in range or radius, making large groups longer to take out. Then there's how some of her attacks don't always land

I actually love Corrin, she's quickly becoming one of my favorites.  Her moveset feels so dynamic and fun, and it really distinguishes her from the other sword users.

I also love Robin, which is unsurprising to me because I love Robin as a character and I love playing mages in general.  Takumi is another favorite.

Honorable mentions to Camilla, who is surprisingly fun to play even though I dislike her as a character, Tiki, who is weirdly technical to use but unleashing her Awakening makes me feel like a badass, and Lissa, who is pretty fun to use even though I'm disappointed she's not a mage.

There aren't really any movesets I dislike yet, but the pegasus knights are kind of hard to use, and there's so many sword movesets that other than Corrin's and Xander's they kind of run together in my head, so even though they're fun individually, it's easy for me to lose track of which is which. :(

I'm not sure if I've even used one that I can't stand (HW had some I really didn't care for), but archer may come the closest (not helped by the fact I don't care for the archers in the game too much). I also haven't used a Corrin or the Navarre style (yes, I know Lyn is the only playable character with it right now) either. 

As for favorite, oh boy, that's hard. I would ether have to say the Robins or Chrom/Lucina. I even gave both Chrom and Lucina Astra and Chrom tore through a beat as many enemies as you can mission. Granted he was way over level, but still, I think I broke 4K.

I hasn't unlocked every playable character (I'm not even that far in the story mode) but...

Takumi is my fav, no contest.

I wanted this game just to play with him and I don't regret it, he is too fun to play and I freaking love smashing my attack button for his machine gun attack and I'm having a good time with him and I doubt someone will take this place in the future well maybe Oboro, who knows haha

Elise, Leo and Sakura are probably next. Sakura bc her shared attacks with Takumi, but Elise and Leo with their magic were better of what I expected. At first I thought it was going to be hard playing with them, since in the SW games I always have problems while playing with Kanbei that use something similar to magic, but thanks to god is not like that here.

Can't say about the least favorite yet, but Hinoka and Camilla are giving me a hard time... Sometimes... They go too high to hit anything and I lost control of what I'm doing haha

Edited by SniperGYS

tiki is my absolute favorite here, I really like how they didn't cheapen her dragon form at all and unlike young link in hyrule, she maintains two movesets for both forms rather than just add effects to her base.

least favorite may be xander, I haven't fully upgraded him yet so I can't say for certain, his last combo may be great but I doubt it will fix my issues with him having too much movement to be good in a one on one situation all cavs are good for big groups though, so thats nice.

edit: after messing around with xander a bit after all combos have been unlocked, he is very playable, so I think my new least favorites will be the ever generic fliers complaint, dodging attacks is not an option with them and requires overcompensation to get around in a one on one situation they are still solid against groups though.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Favorite: I don't want to choose between the Hoshidan siblings (minus Hinoka).  Ryoma's a whirlwind, and the archers chew through flying units.
Least favorite: The pegasus knights.  They're really hard to control.  I have a much easier time with Camilla.  Here's hoping the DLC lance units rock!

My favorite moveset is Marth followed closely by Lyn and pretty much every single other character. 

My least favorite moveset is probably the Pegasus or Tiki but they just don't fit with me very well.

22 minutes ago, Jedi said:

My favorite moveset is Marth followed closely by Lyn and pretty much every single other character. 

My least favorite moveset is probably the Pegasus or Tiki but they just don't fit with me very well.

It is really nice that pretty much all of the characters are fun to play with, with the lesser liked ones still not being that bad for most people.

Even though Xander and sometimes the fliers are can feel unwieldy to use (and Tiki outside of Awakening isn't too exciting), I don't truly dislike playing as anybody. 

Favorite: Archers. The moveset is just too fun. Good range, can take out large crowds, plus I main Sakura, who I personally think is a very strong Archer and Anna is pretty quirky, I just adore her winning animation and alot of what she says. I hardly ever play as Takumi.

Least Favorite: Pegasus Knights. I had to think about this. I personally love Cordelia and Caeda. But at the same time, I think it's hard to control them. They have one of those movesets, where they fly high up in the sky for a sky combo, but I find that move not so good, when your racing against the clock in like History Mode. I don't mind playing as them, but I would personally just have them as a pair up for like enemies weak to lances or like fast travel. It's not a moveset I'm used to. 

Favorite: Tiki. I like the feel of revenge when I get to completely overturn the situation in shadow battles. When all the shadows have reached the player's base and ready to seize it, Tiki can take advantage of the densely crowded enemies and use it to keep fueling her Awakening gauge.

Least favorite: I can't say if they really are my least favorites when I have manually leveled them to 75 without paying gold, but it's going to be either Elise or Cordelia (or mage knights and pegasus knights in general). Elise because her attack animations aren't fast compared to the physical units (though it does feel good when you can make the gold stun gauge appear), and Cordelia because her aerial attacks just aren't very practical (Caeda has those cool triangles which makes me like her more; didn't use Hinoka enough to know what I think of her).

My favorites to play as are Robin (lots of good moves, and my overall favorite FE character), Leo (and Elise since she shares Leo's moveset so I know how to use it, moves are all mostly good like Robin), Xander (our only mounted swordsman, and he plays and feels good to me), Lissa (her Axe moveset is fun and she's my go-to healer as well), Frederick (simply brutal; regular dash attack kills crowds and his charge attacks bust officers), Ryoma (extremely fast and has very good moves), and Sakura (and the other Archers by proxy due to their good moves, but Sakura especially because Topsy-Turvy Bow user with high resistance really screws over any kind of flier nd act as a decent buffer against magic attacks + she can heal).

My least favorite is probably Camilla. Her moveset is kinda janky and leaves her stationary for a good while during her charge attacks which has led to me putting her in a situation I'd rather have avoided if possible. Armored Blow seems like a good candidate for one of her skill slots.

Favorites: Camilla & Lucina. I can't pin point why, but I adore their movesets.

Least Favorite: Tiki. It pains me to say it, since I love the lil cutie, but I most dislike her human form moveset. Dragon form is awesome though. With that said, I don't dislike her moveset overall, none of them are Agitha, Ruto, or Zant levels of annoying to play as for me.

Note: I haven't played as everyone yet, particularly most of the males (playing in co-op with guy friend).