Which FE would you like to see get a remake next?

Dracologist

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Those were already remade.

Poorly. They could do with a properly done remake, instead of the half-arsed garbage that we got.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Reality said:

Obviously FE Heroe's is meant to be a little hammy and comedic, but based on certain quotes they gave even the straitlaced FE4 charathers, yeah a remake would not go well.

What quotes? I feel like they got them pretty accurate.

Besides Heroes is a completely different writing team from the main games and is going for a completely different tone and style thank something like SoV.

Speaking of SoV, they did a pretty damn good job at writing that game IMO. Sure it has plot convenient moments but so does GotHW, Sigurd and Deirdre get married after two interactions. I have confidence that IS can make a good GotHW remake if they put as much time, care, and love as they did for SoV.

16 minutes ago, Reality said:

Also I'm way in the camp that considers the gameplay of SoV to be the most disgraceful thing in all of post 2000s fire emblem. Another  over faithful remake would not be healthy.

Am I the only person who really likes SoV's gameplay.

52 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

I like SoV's gameplay too. Barring the mediocre maps aside (which, even then, the maps aren't that bad compared to a certain game in the series), the gameplay was very refreshing. The dungeons and villages were one of the best things the series has ever done. Turnwheel was amazing too and a better alternative to Casual Mode and Arts are 100% better than Skills imo.

2 hours ago, Greencapps said:

You know you can save at the start of every turn right?

Its essentially a nerfed Milla's Turnwheel.

Wasn't aware of this.  Probably because I didn't have an instruction manual and there was no tutorial, so I just assumed saving behaved like bookmarking.

Spoiler

Also because a lot of the shit SNES emulators I use never save these games properly for some reason.

42 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Poorly. They could do with a properly done remake, instead of the half-arsed garbage that we got.

Oh, now we're getting into some hot n' spicy opinions.

I wouldn't mind getting re-remakes of the Archanea games, but I really, really don't want them to push one out so soon after the DS ones.  They should at least wait until the 3DS/New 3DS has a successor before they do that.  I don't want a case like Resident Evil 4 or Skyrim where it's ported and remastered to death onto every modern console imaginable.

And it'd be preferable if at least one other FE got remade.  You know, besides SoV.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

51 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

It had some atrocious maps on Celica's side, but for what it was I liked it well enough.

Skills were interesting, though not a particularly necessary change.  Still, it was a great place for them to experiment with some new stuff.

I definitely liked archers getting melee range... even if it wasn't very well balanced for those that could just DF loop.  But I'm of the opinion that archers being incapable of fighting from close range makes no sense unless they're using the ever so cumbersome longbow or are just unskilled.

People seem to hate the idea of these games getting remakes, but I like getting to play them on a more official capacity instead of relying on ROM-patching that doesn't always produce the best translations.  And seeing these characters and worlds revamped and modernized is a nice bonus.  Of course I also want them to continue making new games, but as long as the series doesn't turn into Remake Hell, I'm down for getting some more remakes.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Also I'm way in the camp that considers the gameplay of SoV to be the most disgraceful thing in all of post 2000s fire emblem. Another  over faithful remake would not be healthy.

I haven't played Shadows of Valentia yet, but I have a VERY hard time agreeing with your first statement because Shadow Dragon exists. I do agree with your second statement though.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You won't get any argument from me there.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think a joint FE 6 and 7 remake would be really neat, especially since I never played the former. It'll probably be the easier remake in terms of changes. It'd be nice if they add touches like adding a child of Lyn or giving the FE 6 descendants different hair or something.

I really fail to see why this idea catches so much traction... the stories have virtually nothing to connect them. And that's just ONE problem. Out of many.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Any game that hasn't received a proper localized release would be ideal for a remake, although Thracia 776 seems unlikely without Genealogy. So that leaves Binding Blade or Genealogy as the most likely picks, with Mystery of the Emblem being a distant third. Yes, I am in the camp that considers it plausible since the Archanea saga has never received proper closure outside of Japan.

I am also in the camp that finds a dual FE6/7 pack with more intimate connections to be unnecessary. Both stories are fine on their own, we don't need more shoehorned child characters, Lyn doesn't have to resurface twenty years later, and any improvements to Binding Blade's story can be done without involving Blazing Blade. I can't even think of any sour spots that this would fix.

Previously I was torn between FE4 and FE6 for my preferred next remake. I love both games, but now I'm leaning much more to wanting FE4 first, due to two reasons. One, having recently cleared SoV it left a very very good taste in my mouth and I'm sure this team could do Jugdral justice. Even if they don't completely overhaul some of the more tedious gameplay elements from 4, SoV sets a precedent proving they're willing to make alterations to improve on the original game. And two, having recently bought a Switch, I can really picture having a grand, large scale FE like we got with Tellius, and Jugdral fits this definition for me. Tellius took some inspiration from Jugdral, after all. The story presentation would be killer having SoV's style and the power of a console behind it. Just imagine the cutscenes. I also don't see the darker themes being too much of an issue. They've already hinted at some stuff in Heroes. And Fates got pretty dark at times. I think they're comfortable now with FE being geared to an older audience than some of their other franchises.

Ideally we'd get 4 and 5 on the Switch after FE16. The potential is massive. It also makes sense to continue in chronological order. Though 6 has Roy, which makes for a guaranteed success, so who knows what they'll do first.

35 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I also don't see the darker themes being too much of an issue. They've already hinted at some stuff in Heroes. And Fates got pretty dark at times. I think they're comfortable now with FE being geared to an older audience than some of their other franchises.

I think people were referring to the incest...

Then again Fates heavily featured that too even if it was mostly pseudo.

I do agree with you though.

I think the switch is just begging for a Jugdral remake and that IS could do it justice.

Edited by Greencapps

28 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

I think people were referring to the incest...

Then again Fates heavily featured that too even if it was mostly pseudo.

I do agree with you though.

I think the switch is just begging for a Jugdral remake and that IS could do it justice.

I'd think that the incest isn't the only thing people might take issue with... don't the plots of the Jugdral games feature child hunts?

36 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

child hunts?

What do you mean by this?

And yes I think American media is more likely to rag on the game for incest more than any other dark themes.

I'm all up for FE4, FE5, or FE6 being remade. FE4 has a great story to be expanded upon and go deep with. FE5 needs some tweaking, but could have some awesome gameplay and memorable moments. FE6 can benefit so much from having 3D models in the scenes rather than character portraits. So many scenes can be made stronger by the use of movement, i.e. when Roy meets Elin or Lalum.

I want the next remake to be Genealogy with the same faithfulness as the previous remakes.

Numeric balance changes are good and fine (as well as a “commit” button for marriages), but every other distinct feature should stay. Even PursuitFollow-up as a skill.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want the next remake to be Genealogy with the same faithfulness as the previous remakes.

Numeric balance changes are good and fine (as well as a “commit” button for marriages), but every other distinct feature should stay. Even PursuitFollow-up as a skill.

I love Genealogy, but I wouldn't want as straight of a remake as Echoes. I do think there are numerous improvements beyond just balancing numbers that can be made. 

FE4, Jugdral as a whole is easily the most unknown continent in the franchise and I feel it deserves it chance in the sun and showcase its story to the new audience. After that, FE5 for similar reasons and a bit of personal bias. 

Also, it was brought up before, but I wouldn't mind a FE3 remake later down the road. Its DS remake got screwed over by timing and I feel its (and Shadow Dragon's for that matter) story was held back by the games' strange need to stick to the archaic ways of telling it. An Echoes-esque touch up would do Archanea a lot of favors since things like the lore and the backstories of multiple villains like Hardin could be brought forth and fleshed out more, and I think that would make the continent more appealing to new fans who never started with those games. 

Edited by Medeus

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sorry, but I can't back this, not when Genealogy has an assload of problems that need fixing... with you yourself mentioning one of those. Hell, I'd say that if Genealogy stayed faithful to the original, it'd be a disaster - it's already the most unbalanced game in the entire damn franchise as it is.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Sorry, but I can't back this, not when Genealogy has an assload of problems that need fixing... with you yourself mentioning one of those. Hell, I'd say that if Genealogy stayed faithful to the original, it'd be a disaster - it's already the most unbalanced game in the entire damn franchise as it is.

And this is why I don't expect a Jugdral remake to be coming in the near future.  Anyone who has played Fe4 would have a difficult time arguing that the game has a bit of balance, mounts are clearly superior as is wind magic and swords for that matter.  The big maps are often devoid of action and some characters basically are good for nothing but burning RN's (look at any AAA low turncount run of Fe4, most guys do noting). But despite all of these flaws, people like myself find the game incredibly endearing (I think for me it's replay-ability combined with the epic sized story that shapes the whole world).  If a remake of the game is too different from the original, the fans of Fe4 will be alienated, but if it doesn't do enough to address the problems some have with it, people will be disappointed by the results.

Although a FE6 remake would yield greater profit for the company due to Roy's popularity, I've always wanted to see how the vastness of FE4 would look like when translated and fully realized in high-definition. 

Heroes, at the very least, acknowledges the existence of the Jugdral games by continuing to add characters from the said saga, with its cast now amounting to 12 characters. I think it helps that some of Genealogy's cast in Heroes ended up being rather solid as units together with overall good art and voice work, which may pique new interest in some fans that were never exposed to this part of the franchise. Imagine if IS pulled a reverse SoV by announcing a FE4 remake after an influx of Jugdral characters were added to Heroes. Though unlikely, that would be amazing.

I'm all in favor of a faithful Genealogy or Thracia remake, though at the same time I won't object to any necessary gameplay tweaks.       

Edited by Zhu Qiao

Either Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776 or Binding Blade. I'm not picky.

Blazing Blade is fine, but if they want to remake it alongside Binding Blade, I wouldn't complain.

Sacred Stones can wait a few more years. The Tellius duo only needs to be released on the Virtual Console. It's wayyy too early for Awakening and Fates to be remade.

However...I would love for the Archanea duo to be remade...again. Give Marth the respect he deserves IS you cowards! Obviously you'd get the pests who groan about "Archanea getting shoved in our faces again" but I could not care less. Archanea is quite clearly the best continent.

FE4 I guess, since it's the oldest one not remade yet, it's never been officially released outside Japan and I'm curious to see how IS could tweak it.

And it would be interesting to see how they would handle the more controversial things like certain story parts or the huge maps.

That said, I would like to see more new games for now.

13 hours ago, Greencapps said:

SoV's gameplay was good. It made Gaiden actually playable, while also not changing it a ton. I would say that was a pretty good job on the part of the devs. Could it have done a better job? Yes. But overall it was fun and playable, unlike Gaiden.

9 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Hell, I'd say that if Genealogy stayed faithful to the original, it'd be a disaster - it's already the most unbalanced game in the entire damn franchise as it is.

But that's also what makes Genealogy what it is. Taking that away would take away some of the charm.

41 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

But that's also what makes Genealogy what it is. Taking that away would take away some of the charm.

Well, I think making it actually playable worth a damn is worth making sacrifices. Because otherwise, people are bound to be disappointed.

I would like all the Pre-Tellius games to get remade, but I really do not care how long it takes. 

I just want to see Joshua's hat in 3D, personally.