October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

I just realised that Nowi's tome is uninheritable. With that and 5 base skills, she's totally getting that +5 BST isn't she. Still, while she would be good for flier emblem, I'm not exactly thrilled at the prospect of rolling for a half naked loli 

Sakura's one of the few fates characters I actually like, but she's a dagger unit and shares a colour with Jakob, probably not worth trying for. 

I think I'll save orbs until the mid-month banner arrives, and if I don't like that one, then I'll spend orbs here.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Just realized something ... why is Nowi's tome locked to her, and why is it the only one that is? ;/ EDIT: And why did she get the CYL-esque treatment, she has three skills by default. Are they going to do this for every new banner now?

Sakura has three skills aswell D=.

As for me, they all look fairly entertaining, but none of these characters are my favorite. I'll probably try and get Sakura and Nowi though for Kitty Paddle+ and Atk / Res Bond.

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

Sakura has three skills aswell D=.

... What the actual fuck, you're right. She does.

They didn't make her dagger inheritable, though.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Sorry. ^^; To be fair, she may be my favorite girl in Birthright. My Corrin married her.  That was an awkward marriage.... I'm just not a huge fan of painfully shy characters...or painfully shy people in real life for that matter. And I consider myself shy. XD 90% of the girls I have to teach are so shy that they literally huddle in a corner like penguins when we do activities. And when I gently encourage them to participate, they cry. So many tears.... I've started making a list of triggers: presentations (understandable), marshmallows, the word "hello," my existing on the same physical plane, playing any sort of games that involve interacting with human-being outside of the normal "clique...." Tests are okay. They like tests. 

*shudders* 

I have to admit I was a bit meh on Sakura at first as well, and was a bit impatient at her stuttering.

But then you see her development in Conquest and damn she's a strong character with her resilience. Also her VA is amazing which made me like her more and more.

And then Sakurawhale shows people the true power of Ssakura, conquering Villains far and wide!

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Sorry. ^^; To be fair, she may be my favorite girl in Birthright. My Corrin married her.  That was an awkward marriage.... I'm just not a huge fan of painfully shy characters...or painfully shy people in real life for that matter. And I consider myself shy. XD 90% of the girls I have to teach are so shy that they literally huddle in a corner like penguins when we do activities. And when I gently encourage them to participate, they cry. So many tears.... I've started making a list of triggers: presentations (understandable), marshmallows, the word "hello," my existing on the same physical plane, playing any sort of games that involve interacting with human-being outside of the normal "clique...." Tests are okay. They like tests. 

*shudders* 

Well, I'm a shy guy irl... So I guess I kinda relate to her. And I'd also annoy you irl :^)

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Her dagger has the + sign on it, so it's inheritable.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I really like her too. She's definitely my favorite out of the Hoshido royals and also the only one I give the remotest crap about. While Leo is number one with me if that wasn't already obvious, Sakura is about the same with me as Elise (2nd favorite royal) is. So at worst, Sakura is my third most favorite royal.

Honestly, I'm neutral about the rest of the royals. Sakura is the only one of them I will defend.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Her dagger has the + sign on it, so it's inheritable.

... Right, that's totally what I meant. Don't know why I said the opposite of what I wanted to.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So glad they didn't (I knew what you meant xD), I really want it on my Felicia, combined with Atk / Res Bond. 

On another note, I'm not really into Nowi's art, though I love her cute chibi sprite!

Edited by Birdy

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, I'm a shy guy irl... So I guess I kinda relate to her. And I'd also annoy you irl :^)

This would also be one of my reasons for Sakura being a favorite. With how shy and honestly socially awkward I can be irl, I suppose I just naturally have a soft spot for characters of her type.

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I have to admit I was a bit meh on Sakura at first as well, and was a bit impatient at her stuttering.

But then you see her development in Conquest and damn she's a strong character with her resilience. Also her VA is amazing which made me like her more and more.

And then Sakurawhale shows people the true power of Ssakura, conquering Villains far and wide!

The Sakurawhale is impressive indeed. XD

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

IDK why I don't relate to her shyness. I guess my shyness is different? My fear of people and my fear of disappointing people are constantly doing battle, and the latter usually wins, so I spend 99% of the time pretending to sociable and being terrified every single moment of the day, and when my fear of people wins out, I stand awkwardly in the corner with a plate of snacks at parties and seek out animal companionship instead of people because at least they won't judge me for saying, "You too," when the kind person in food service tells me to enjoy my meal. 

The shyness moreso annoys me when people think it's cute to act shy. A lot of my students think it's "cute" or "cool" to be shy and pretend not to know the answer to a question when they clearly do.... And it's not... It's awful and debilitating, and I hardcore wish I had enough courage to socialize when it's not mandatory.  But I do have some shy kids who are hard-workers and want to work through their shyness so they can succeed in class. There is one little boy who sits in his classroom waiting for me when I visit his school every week. He always rehearses, "Good morning! How are you?" until he's certain he can do it,  finally talks to me with a tiny voice, gives me a high-five, and runs off to play. Best two minutes of my entire week every time.

I think I like Sakura so much because she kind of reminds me of myself when I was her age.  Except she's a much braver and better person than I am. :P:

23 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

90% of the girls I have to teach are so shy that they literally huddle in a corner like penguins when we do activities. And when I gently encourage them to participate, they cry. So many tears.... I've started making a list of triggers: presentations (understandable), marshmallows, the word "hello," my existing on the same physical plane, playing any sort of games that involve interacting with human-being outside of the normal "clique...." Tests are okay. They like tests. 

Haha, aw man, presentations were the worst thing ever.  Speaking of those, I remember I had a teacher once who made me stop and restart my public speaking presentation when I was halfway through it because I "wasn't looking at the audience enough".  It was so mean.  :sob:  

Your students like tests?  What is wrong with them?!?  :XD:

What is it with IS's obsession of making tome fliers special units? I didn't get Spring Camilla and will not start now all of a sudden if they are forever locked afterwards. It wouldn't be bad if there were alternatives (e.g.: Bravumi does perfectly fine, I don't need Bride Cordelia), but there aren't; and now ranged armor is limited as well?  Yeah, that and never ever pulling a Hector will totally make me care to make any armor team worthwile in the future, rofl. Anyways, don't like the idea of ranged armors (was happy that Arvis wasn't), Sakura won't make Daggers miraculously good all out of a sudden and Nowi, while I like her, doesn't appeal to me with her art there. Also look at those buffoons, do Jacob and Henry even remotely look like armored units? At least Sakura is adorable, if somewhat lazy in ideas.

I'll gladly skip this one after my first full pull with the free summon. Finally time to amass some orbs for the future.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

@Nanima, at least Sakura is in this banner and there are no Nohrian royals to be seen.

OH MY GOD YES! SHE IS SO CUTE! Rip me and my 60 orbs...

No Nohr royals as well. What a relief. Still don't care about Joke being in this. Can't have them overdo it with the Hoshidan rep I guess. 

On the other hand, I should look at the silver lining: If Takumi had been in this too, I'd have gone into debt trying to get them both.

These are certainly odd choices.
Sakura ... makes sense since one of her other character traits is craving sweets.
Henry was super obvious. Didn't expect him to get the coffin, since he would fit more as a Frankenstein-esque character (aka he would be the Bow Armor)
Jakob is odd since a Nohr character would have made more sense and being an Archer Armor is even more obscure. I rather expected Vampire!Leo (Red Armor with the Coffin as shield) or Halloween!Oboro for this spot.
Speaking of strange choices, wtf, Nowi? Like there are many many other characters I would associate with the Witch class but not Nowi. This seems more like an attempt to keep the presentation of Fates and Awakening equal than to really match the Halloween theme.

mmmm i need 2 Sakuras for inheritance.1 for SP grinding skill to give to Olivia and one for daggers to give to Olivia. Would transform Olivia into a great magic check!

As for the rest meh. Armors were never my thing but where are the good healers!!! Its like IS gave up on Healers and doesnt release new ones. We still dont have one with a Legendary weapon >.<

Well shit.

Dagger Valor, 2 armored projectile units (one of which is a green tome user, meaning potential dual Brave Lyn + Reinhardt counter in an Armor Emblem team), and a red tome flier. 2 of the focus units are in colorless hell and one's in red hell (you're more likely to pull an off-focus red than you are to pull Witch Nowi). Wow.

As for character choices, we finally got a seasonal Hoshidan unit (Sakura). We also got 2 Awakening characters and a neutral Fates unit.

IMO, Nowi is the least interesting of the bunch as red mages generally aren't too popular (when compared to blue or green mages). Sakura has Dagger Valor but the skill's usefulness is questionable given how unpopular dagger users are. Jakob being a armored bow unit with default Wary Fighter means that he could fight against Brave Lyn (provided that his stats work) and Henry being a green tome user means he can dual counter the big 2 projectile horses with the TA3 Gronnraven build.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

*shudders* 

My Corrin married Azura in all 3 routes, how do I think I feel after the ever so clever plot twist in Revelation?

As much as I like Sakura, I'm glad I'll be able keep my urges since I'm not interest any of the units this time around. It's kinda relief really.

5 hours ago, Kaxi said:

It's going to be Tome Witch Nowi and Armor Vampire Henry. Watch. ;D

3 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Whoa.  You called it.

---

Sakura looks so adorable!  I want her.  :):  But... Colourless hell... 

Mom, I diiiiiiiid it. That's fun. The bow was a huge hint. (I was secretly hoping for Nino + Jaffar, tbh.)

Well this was a nice surprise. So Sakura looks adorable and is top priority once this banner comes out. Henry and Nowi both look good and I'll try getting them after I get Sakura. Jakob will be the pitybreaker that I don't want (Looking at you Bride Caeda, Azura, Catria, Oscar, Performing Inigo)

It's a rough time. I'm very hesitant to unload orbs because I want a small pool of them in preparation for the Dawn Brigade (or more Sacred Stones characters).

However, I just can't see myself NOT rolling this banner until I get at least one banner unit. Here's hoping to getting Nowi or Henry. <3

Henry giving players the chance to test-drive Veronica's Elvargar's tome effect... that also works on enemy phase. Jakob's bow has a similar effect and also works on enemy phase. For reference, Veronica's tome's effect only works if the user initiates combat.

Nowi's tome passive effect is ER3, which would be a powercreep of Anna's Noatun if it weren't for the fact that they're on different weapon and movement types.

Sakura will definitely be targeted by Felicia fans because of her weapon being super effective against tome users. Sakura, [you've] got trouble!

Edited by Roflolxp54

I hate three out of four of these characters. The one I actually like is the most boring one since she's not a ranged armor or a flying mage with hone fliers, and she shares a colour with someone else. I knew I didn't want a halloween banner... And yet my collector nature urges me to pull until I get at least one of them.

I guess I'll go red and colorless, cry when I get a Jakob or an off-banner Chrom and then cry more when the mid month banner features some of my favorite characters in the series.