October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

So is anyone going to address the elephant in the room?  I was expecting a fanservice unit (two stalker girls in Awakening/Conquest come to mind) plus a vampire Reinhardt.  Or at least one of them. 

You got Nowi. And Sakura, I guess?

Having just come across a ton of mages in Arena Assault, Sakura is much more tempting than she was this morning (though I wonder if IS made teams with mages more common in AA precisely to spark that thought. Activision's patent casts a longer shadow than I expected) and I guess having a ranged unit in my Armor Emblem team would be nice, so a Jakob wouldn't be too devastating (I'm one of the three people who like him here it seems?)

I'll wait and see what November's other banners are. Hopefully it doesn't have as many bait banners so IS will put out another calendar.

As far as speculation goes, Sakura's opened the door to a Warding Breath down the line, which I think will be interesting. Maybe Micaiah will have it to balance B!Ike having Steady Breath? Regardless, I'm glad Sakura didn't get it. The last thing we need is another top tier skill locked to a temporary unit (weeps for Infantry Pulse).

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

So is anyone going to address the elephant in the room?  I was expecting a fanservice unit (two stalker girls in Awakening/Conquest come to mind) plus a vampire Reinhardt.  Or at least one of them. 

All of them are “fanservice” to some degree. It depends on what your definition of “fanservice” is. 

@RezzyDefine “proper”. Her “witch” outfit looks fine for what it’s supposed to do: Make Nowi fans roll for her variant as well as getting those who wanted a red tome flying unit to roll. That’s before bringing in the “lolicon” crowd. 

@DefyingFatesIf we get a future unit with Warding Breath, I’ll give that to Sakura. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

15 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@RezzyDefine “proper”. Her “witch” outfit looks fine for what it’s supposed to do: Make Nowi fans roll for her variant as well as getting those who wanted a red tome flying unit to roll. That’s before bringing in the “lolicon” crowd. 

Something I'd being comfortable sending my prepubescent daughter out trick or treating in.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Probably late to this discussion, but I noticed Nekomakura has three passives. And her Weapon's MT has 3 more than the Poison Dagger, which is the only comparable weapon in the game. Are we looking at +5 BST uber club?

I sincerely hope it's just an attempt to rectify the fact that daggers are so weak in general a la what they did with Slaying weapons and not a sign we're going to get a couple +5 BST units with every single banner from here on out.

Has anyone planned any pre-emptive movesets for these characters? For example, I'm guessing Cancel Affinity is Sakura's best B Skill. Warding Stance I think is her best A Skill as an Enemy Phase mage check and maybe a Ploy for her C Skill (depending on her natural Res)? I assume a Hone or Fortify is the best budget skill for her.

...I think you can tell I'm new to this myself.

Edited by DefyingFates

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Has anyone planned any pre-emptive movesets for these characters? For example, I'm guessing Cancel Affinity is Sakura's best B Skill. Warding Stance I think is her best A Skill as an Enemy Phase mage check and maybe a Ploy for her C Skill (depending on her natural Res)? I assume a Hone or Fortify is the best budget skill for her.

...I think you can tell I'm new to this myself.

It's a bit premature to say for sure until we know their stats.

Nowi: Having another mage flyer to round out the other two mage fliers is nice and giving people another source of Hone Fliers is always nice. As for builds, her weapon will either want to be Grimoire or Raourblade, for a slot, either her vanilla skill or something like fury. Her B Slot skill depedns on her star spread, and her c Slot skill should be her vanilla skill if run on a flyer emblem team. If not, then just give her Hone attack three. If there is one complaint, it's that her artwork, while good, is very risque.

Sakura: She is a Cinnamon Roll that must be protected. As for skills, her vanilla weapon and a slot skill are keepers, either her vanilla guard or cancel affinity for b Slot, and either a hone or a plot depending on her res. Also, in the trailer, Sakura got a 21 damage boost after proccing Glacies. Can someone do the math for what that would equal for res?

Jakob: The one no one expected. His artwork is actually one of my favorites from his banner for how detailed it is. Also, first bow mage is a nice thing. As for skills, Either his vanilla bow or a brave bow, His A slot skill depends on how you run him, his b Slot skill should probably be wary fighter as he might have low speed, and his c Slot skill should most likely be a hone. Also, another math question. Jakob got a 24 damage boost after proccing Ignis. What would that say for his defense?

Henry: The one I think is the coolest class wise. Also, having another unit with armor march is nice. As for builds, Gronnraven, Gronnblade, Spectral tome, or maybe even Gronnowl would make sense for his weapon. As for skills, A slot would most likely be Fury, his b Slot depends on his stats, and his c Slot skill is either armor march or a hone.

Also I believe that Sakura will be the fastest, Jakob the slowest, and Nowi and Henry somewhere in between.

7 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am happy to see someone else wants Jakob, I am sad to see so many people disliking him in this thread.

Yeah, I don't get the overwhelming Jakob hate here and YT. I know he can be caustic, but I often find him funny more than anything else - he is pretty cutting and it is satisfying to see him brought down a few pegs when it does happen. 

...Plus, shallow reasons. Long, silver haired butler? Oh heck yes! :D 

Oh well. It is nice to see others happy to see him :D 

Ugh, apparently I used all my extra Tharjas as Darting Blow fodder. Nowi might end up waiting a while to get Raudhrblade, but fortunately she has a good alternative.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I sincerely hope it's just an attempt to rectify the fact that daggers are so weak in general a la what they did with Slaying weapons and not a sign we're going to get a couple +5 BST units with every single banner from here on out.

I just want to be the first to say it makes sense for Nekomakura to have better stats because she's the most popular character in FE4 and one of the strongest lords in the series.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Something I'd being comfortable sending my prepubescent daughter out trick or treating in.

Thing is, Nowi is not prepubescent minor even if the West keeps insisting on “”b-but...she looks like a little girl!”. She’s the second oldest character in Awakening after Adult Tiki. The whole revealing thing is part of her character so her variant also having revealing clothing falls in line with the character. If anything, blame Kozaki for the original design. 

Also, this is a Japanese gacha game so they can do pretty much anything they want as long as they don’t get too “lewd” with the designs by Japanese standards. It wouldn’t surprise me if we get a mecha Nowi just like FGO got Mecha Liz for this year’s Halloween event in a few years. 

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Thing is, Nowi is not prepubescent minor even if the West keeps insisting on “”b-but...she looks like a little girl!”. She’s the second oldest character in Awakening after Adult Tiki. The whole revealing thing is part of her character so her variant also having revealing clothing falls in line with the character. If anything, blame Kozaki for the original design.

1. Nowi is still a child by manakete standards.

2. Kozaki didn't design the clothing and armor. He just designed the characters inside them. The art director is to blame.

Even so, I've seen worse clothes for young girls irl than what this Halloween Nowi has on. Hell, her original outfit is worse too.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nowi missed a perfectly good opportunity to wear proper clothing. 

My thoughts exactly, haha.  Witch costumes usually include a dress... A google search of "witch costume" shows this.  Why can't the poor girl get some clothes? :unsure:

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nowi missed a perfectly good opportunity to wear proper clothing.  The slutty witch looks does not go well with a character that looks and acts like a 10 year old.  Why did they have to make her a unique unit type?

She has a high metabolism (all little kids are secretly gerbils) and needs to constantly radiate heat, which becomes more difficult when both of your arms and hands are completely covered.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. Nowi is still a child by manakete standards.

2. Kozaki didn't design the clothing and armor. He just designed the characters inside them. The art director is to blame.

Even so, I've seen worse clothes for young girls irl than what nowi has on.

Still older than most of the Awakening cast by far.

It’s still falls on both Kozaki and IS. 

As for the design itself, she could be wearing leaves or a burqa for all I care. She has a nice niche. Now I wait for stats to be datamined. 

@Infinite DreamsToo much clothing would be against her character unless they go for a nun theme in the future. It’s like giving Henry clothes that aren’t “spooky”. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Still older than most of the Awakening cast by far.

It’s still falls on both Kozaki and IS. 

As for the design itself, she could be wearing leaves or a burqa for all I care. She has a nice niche. Now I wait for stats to be datamined. 

@Infinite DreamsToo much clothing would be against her character unless they go for a nun theme in the future. It’s like giving Henry clothes that aren’t “spooky”. 

Still a child.

It doesn't fall on Kozaki. He more or less just followed orders.

I agree she has a nice niche though and I'm going to pull for her since I need red mages.

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Also, this is a Japanese gacha game so they can do pretty much anything they want as long as they don’t get too “lewd” with the designs by Japanese standards. It wouldn’t surprise me if we get a mecha Nowi just like FGO got Mecha Liz for this year’s Halloween event in a few years. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Even so, I've seen worse clothes for young girls irl than what Nowi has on.

That doesn't make it right.  If Est tried to go out like that, she'd be grounded for a month.

3 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

My thoughts exactly, haha.  Witch costumes usually include a dress... A google search of "witch costume" shows this.  Why can't the poor girl get some clothes? :unsure:

If she either was dressed like the other toddler manaketes, or acted her age I wouldn't mind her as much.  It's the acts like child + looks like child + dresses overly sexualized that bothers me.  Take away just one of those would make me feel less uncomfortable about her.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She has a high metabolism (all little kids are secretly gerbils) and needs to constantly radiate heat, which becomes more difficult when both of your arms and hands are completely covered.

I'm a manakete with a pretty high metabolism.  I was 130 lbs and 5'11" before kids.  You can still cover your mid section and have plenty of skin exposed to let off heat.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

That doesn't make it right.  If Est tried to go out like that, she'd be grounded for a month.

I didn't say it was right. It IS rather revealing. But seriously, her original look is much worse.

Well, looks like I'm gonna be pulling for all the units on this banner. I managed to have good luck with the Performing Arts one as I somehow got all the focus unit + a couple duplicates.

Now, I have to go on the orb grind.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Still a child.

It doesn't fall on Kozaki. He more or less just followed orders.

I agree she has a nice niche though and I'm going to pull for her since I need red mages.

Still older than most of the cast and Kozaki is still partly to blame so we’ll have to agree to disagree on the whole Nowi thing.

After giving it some thought I've chosen to ignore Jakob, Henry and Nowi to focus my efforts to get Neko Sakura (Nekura?). While having exclusive classes is awesome I already have S!Corrin as my flying mage and Elincia is a great red for Flier Emblem and I barely use Armor Emblem outside the monthly quests. 

I hope Nekura will have good Spd/Res and above average attack to destroy every Reinhardt in existance. Her extra skills can mean bonus BST but that's a bit unlikely. I wouldn't get mad if she gets it though, daggers need to be buffed.

Just now, Infinite Dreams said:

Eh, I disagree.  Sorry!  :sweatdrop:

Even something like this would be cuter.  :^_^:  

[snip] 

Too late. 

Besides, looks and what it means to be “cute” is rather subjective.