October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That doesn't make it right.  If Est tried to go out like that, she'd be grounded for a month.

This confused me so much until I realized you were referring to your own daughter, not the character. XD I was imagining Palla and Catria punishing their sister for wearing a revealing outfit.

Anyways, I'm pretty lax when it comes to fashion. As long as it covers the "necessary" areas and isn't intended to be promiscuous, I don't get bothered by it. Does she show some skin? Sure,  but its done more in a cute way than a licentious one. I don't feel "attracted" to Nowi (though admittedly that's obviously because she's in her early teens and I'm way older but I digress) and I doubt that's really the intent anyways. Besides, as youngster Ben said, shorts are comfortable and easy to wear. :P

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Still older than most of the cast and Kozaki is still partly to blame so we’ll have to agree to disagree on the whole Nowi thing.

But it's fact that Kozaki is not to blame and it's fact that Nowi is still a child.

How is scantily clad essential to Nowi's character?  Didn't she saw her captors dressed her like that at some point, or is my memory fuzzy?

Putting the appropriateness of Nowi's clothes aside for a second, I'll probably end up pulling for everyone.  Jakob, Henry, and Nowi all have unique weapon/movement types, and Sakura has Dagger Valor, which I always appreciate.

Just now, Rezzy said:

How is scantily clad essential to Nowi's character?  Didn't she saw her captors dressed her like that at some point, or is my memory fuzzy?

Nah. She only said they made her perform and do tricks for them. Nothing about her outfit is mentioned.

i could be wrong too tho

4 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Nah. She only said they made her perform and do tricks for them. Nothing about her outfit is mentioned.

i could be wrong too tho

Performers do wear skimpy clothing sometimes tho. Check out a lot of dancers or certain circus women. So that could be a reasonable explanation for her clothes. She got used to wearing that stuff to the point where it became habit and the only things she knew to wear.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But it's fact that Kozaki is not to blame and it's fact that Nowi is still a child.

He’s still partly to blame because he still went through with the design. Doing nothing just makes you as much of a culprit as the one who actually ”ok’d” the design. Like I said, the whole thing is part of her character and said “child” is perfectly breedable for the child mechanic Awakening had.

If this is how many people react to Nowi, I cannot imagine what they’d do if we get something similar to FGO’s Jack the Ripper in the future.

Anyway, H!Sakura’s C slot could benefit from Defense Ploy if her Res is high enough. My Summer Gaius could finally be useful for something. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Performers do wear skimpy clothing sometimes tho. Check out a lot of dancers or certain circus women. So that could be a reasonable explanation for her clothes. She got used to wearing that stuff to the point where it became habit and the only things she knew to wear.

I mean, this could be true.

But, she herself never mentions that she was forced to wear those clothes. Her clothes themselves are never referenced ever by anyone in the game.

that i can remember lol

Edited by saisymbolic
clarification

3 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I mean, this could be true.

But, she herself never mentions that she was forced to wear those clothes. Her clothes themselves are never referenced ever by anyone in the game.

that i can remember lol

Yeah, I suppose that could be blamed on poor writing or too vague writing or whatever.

I like everyone on this banner well enough, but normally I wouldn't care about any of them enough to make more than a few pulls... but they had to go and make Nowi a flying mage and Sakura an adorable catgirl.

I'm simultaneously slightly disappointed in this banner and glad I have over 200 orbs saved up. I hope my luck with seasonal banners holds up, because this is the first time I've tried to get two.

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

but yeah they should have probably done Takumi as a bow armour though. Jakob is weird, and maybe they could do a zombie Takumi or something but i guess it's not fun if they are the same weapon as the vanilla unit?

They're probably going to spread out the Hoshido royals. Yukata Takumi for a Hot Spring Banner sounds good to me. As does Ryoma covered from head to toe in jingle bells, he can perform the most moving "Joy to the World" bell ringer rendition just by himself.

15 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

What is it with IS's obsession of making tome fliers special units?

Normal choices are extremely few. Aversa, Camilla (but she's better with an Axe and hence got that instead), and nobody else.

On the plus side, the introduction of a Hoshidan royal means Nohr is no longer the only side of Fates being made into "Seasoning". No rehashes of old seasonals here either, not another Xander or Lucina in sight. More obscure characters might be able to get seasonalized sooner or later.

Of course, crossing the non-Lyn non-Awakening/Fates Seasonal representation barrier hasn't happened yet. This said, you don't need to be deep to be made into Rosemary, Sage, Parsley or Thyme, so there no reason why a pre-13/14 character can't be made converted into Cinnamon or Cloves or Allspice or Nutmeg.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course, crossing the non-Lyn non-Awakening/Fates Seasonal representation barrier hasn't happened yet.

We had Bride Caeda, but that's not saying much.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We had Bride Caeda, but that's not saying much.

The original Japanese Fire Emblem Female; and the original Western Fire Emblem Female... It makes sense to me they being special cases.

4 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The original Japanese Fire Emblem Female; and the original Western Fire Emblem Female... It makes sense to me they being special cases.

I was pointing out that there had been one non 3DS non Lyn seasonal unit, but that's still way less than we should have gotten by now.  I'm not a 3DS hater, but you have to admit that older FE fans are getting shafted in this department.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I was pointing out that there had been one non 3DS non Lyn seasonal unit, but that's still way less than we should have gotten by now.  I'm not a 3DS hater, but you have to admit that older FE fans are getting shafted in this department.

I guess there is the second year of Seasonals. Think of it like this- they can't just rerelease Ylissean and Nohrian Summers again for next Summer, they'll have to add something new to add more pizzaz. And that is where Hector shows off his pecs. We can get Bunny Serra for Spring. And Sigurd gets his wedding suit.

Some trivia:

Spoiler

This is a list of skills, we can reasonably expect to be implemented in the game because similar skills exist. The ones marked with * are bound by seasonal characters and have yet to be released on a regular character.

A Passive:
- HP Attack +
- HP Defense +* (Summer Robin)
- HP Resistance +
- Attack Defense +* (Spring Chrom)
- Speed Resistance +* (Summer Elise)
- Swift Strike* (Summer Corrin)
- Bracing Blow* (Halloween Jakob)
- Warding Stance* (Halloween Sakura)

B Passive:
- Seal Attack Speed* (Summer Frederick)
- Seal Attack Resistance
- Seal Speed Defense
- Seal Speed Resistance
- Seal Defense Resistance

C Passive:
- Spur Attack Speed
- Spur Attack Defense
- Spur Attack Resistance
- Spur Speed Resistance
- Hone Dragons
- Goad Dragons
- Ward Dragons
- Defense Smoke
- Resistance Smoke
- Infantry Pulse* (Summer Xander)

- Interestingly it took them more than 3 months to implement Warding Stance as a skill which is already on a weapon (Berkut's Lance has its Level 2 effect).
- Same can be said about Jakob's and Henry's weapon; they mirror Veronica's minus the legendary status. Henry's weapon is pretty much the lite version.
- The least presented skill line are mixed Seals and Spurs for their respective categories.
- Live for Bounty and Live for Honor are finally re-introduced after the Spring banner.
- Bracing Blow completes the mixed -blow skills series.
- Infantry Pulse remains the most unique passive that a seasonal unit has introduced (Close Def was taken by Sigurd).

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess there is the second year of Seasonals. Think of it like this- they can't just rerelease Ylissean and Nohrian Summers again for next Summer, they'll have to add something new to add more pizzaz. And that is where Hector shows off his pecs. We can get Bunny Serra for Spring. And Sigurd gets his wedding suit.

Hoshidan Summer and Vallite Summer.

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Don't you have a Cherche? Together with Elincia and Cordelia you would have already three of the best melee Fliers available. TD!Nowi comes with Hone Fliers, just pull two of her. ;-) 

I do have a Cherche (and if I recall, she's a great +Atk/-Res one, though she needs the full 22k feathers and SI treatment), but that doesn't really offer a reason to roll for a flying mage when I have no support for said mage beyond Goad Flier.  Doesn't really seem worth the orbs to go that deep for a half-baked team.

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Besides, looks and what it means to be “cute” is rather subjective. 

Okay, that's fair.  I can agree with you on that. 

Just to clarify, I'm not outraged or offended by her outfit or anything.  Just feels like they missed an opportunity to give her something nicer to wear (IMO).  This one looks just like her other outfit.  I'm still going to try to get her, but if she was wearing a cute witch dress instead of shorts and a bra, it would've been cool. :P:  

3 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Okay, that's fair.  I can agree with you on that. 

Just to clarify, I'm not outraged or offended by her outfit or anything.  Just feels like they missed an opportunity to give her something nicer to wear (IMO).  This one looks just like her other outfit.  I'm still going to try to get her, but if she was wearing a cute witch dress instead of shorts and a bra, it would've been cool. :P:  

I'm not angry; I'm just disappointed.

It's disingenuous to act like in-universe explanations are the reason for Nowi's outfit. She wasn't designed with that outfit because of those-in-universe reasons: she was given that outfit because the people making the game wanted her to look the way she does and those in-universe explanations were created to justify it.

That goes for both her original outfit and her new one. If they can justify having her fly around on a broom, they could justify having her wear more clothes. They just didn't want to.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm a manakete with a pretty high metabolism.  I was 130 lbs and 5'11" before kids.  You can still cover your mid section and have plenty of skin exposed to let off heat.

That just means your metabolism wasn't as high as a gerbil's.

Edited by Ice Dragon

While I don't really like Nowi's outfit, maybe the lack of it is because of the transforming nature of her class

I mean, the other dragons don't seem to have that problem but maybe Nowi is so playful she likes transforming and too much clothes just get in the way?

Still don't agree with it. At the very least the giant ribbons in her original outfit are cute.