October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

Once the banner drops, we will have a potential of 20 orbs. 9 from paralouges, 3 from quests, and 8 from CC. If everything goes correctly, I will have 40 orbs for this banner, enough for 2 full summons. And with my luck, I will probably have one of them within 2 full summons.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, why does Henry attack with a bunch of green sperm?

Because he has too much time on his hands and it's fun! He can't wait to see if anyone gets pregnant with his shadow babies. You see, he fused his with that of a dead horse using a couple hexes, he also added a raven's and a Risen's to the mix, and some algae and reptile blood, because the colors are cool. It's inner alchemy, or is external in this case. Well whatever it is, it's nothing he can't reverse, or can't he? Well if he can't he doesn't mind, he'd love the surprise and suspense of seeing what happens next!

And you know he can control it like a fifth limb right? Now where'd I leave that booklet on the secrets of the masculine netherworld of Awakening?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because he has too much time on his hands and it's fun! He can't wait to see if anyone gets pregnant with his shadow babies. You see, he fused his with that of a dead horse using a couple hexes, he also added a raven's and a Risen's to the mix, and some algae and reptile blood, because the colors are cool. It's inner alchemy, or is external in this case. Well whatever it is, it's nothing he can't reverse, or can't he? Well if he can't he doesn't mind, he'd love the surprise and suspense of seeing what happens next!

And you know he can control it like a fifth limb right? Now where'd I leave that booklet on the secrets of the masculine netherworld of Awakening?

A demonic Spider-man attack?

So that's how Cynthia was conceived in my Awakening playthrough.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Henry like breeding stuff, in Awakening he asks Robin if they could breed Risen there. 

If you look closely at the two armored units in this banner, you will notice some cool things. First, Henry has little vampire fangs that are really hard to notice. Next, Jakob has a ball and chain on one of his feet, which is maybe why he is an armored units. And also, some of his body has some patchwork and screws that look like Frankenstein's monster.

2 hours ago, GinRei said:

I do have a Cherche (and if I recall, she's a great +Atk/-Res one, though she needs the full 22k feathers and SI treatment), but that doesn't really offer a reason to roll for a flying mage when I have no support for said mage beyond Goad Flier.  Doesn't really seem worth the orbs to go that deep for a half-baked team.

Most of my fliers perform well also without other fliers to support them and were worth their respective investment. S!Camilla does perform well, Cordelia does, Cherche does, NS!Corrin doesn't fully.  

Nowi seem to have a legendary tome, perhaps she will not depend on support as much as Corrin did. 

On the matter of Nowis art: I don't like it very much, as I don't like her original FEH art. I like the other 3 of this banner better in that term. But her sprite is very nice and much better than that of flying Corrin for example. 

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Once the banner drops, we will have a potential of 20 orbs. 9 from paralouges, 3 from quests, and 8 from CC. If everything goes correctly, I will have 40 orbs for this banner, enough for 2 full summons. And with my luck, I will probably have one of them within 2 full summons.

I am jealous of your luck, and your confidence in your luck.  I'm going to have roughly the same amount of orbs, and I don't expect to get any of these focus characters.  I've resorted to color sniping (mainly colorless, but green if there are no colorless available) as the only way of getting what I need.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

If she either was dressed like the other toddler manaketes, or acted her age I wouldn't mind her as much.  It's the acts like child + looks like child + dresses overly sexualized that bothers me.  Take away just one of those would make me feel less uncomfortable about her.

This is pretty much it. I don't like what Nowi represents with that. If it was just two of them then I wouldn't mind so much, but all three is just too much.

I honestly wish that they'd chosen a more adult woman for Halloween, if they were going to dress someone like that, especially as the third tome flier (or heck, even a guy so I can have a proper male flying time) but oh well. Maybe another time ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

Random thought- I feel like Jakob should've had a Jekyll and Hyde theme, seeing how he suddenly changes personalities/mood when Corrin is in the picture

Either way, at least I like this Jakob's art better than the original Jakob, the colour/shading seems to rough for someone more refined like his design

Also I wonder if we'll ever get a dagger armour as a seasonal unit

6 hours ago, mewyeon said:

I am jealous of your luck, and your confidence in your luck.  I'm going to have roughly the same amount of orbs, and I don't expect to get any of these focus characters.  I've resorted to color sniping (mainly colorless, but green if there are no colorless available) as the only way of getting what I need.

It's doesn't help that I have gotten very lucky on many of the banners. Elincia on free summon on her banner, Sonya on free summon on Minerva and Maria BHB banner, PA!Azura after 25 orbs, Taitilu after 45 orbs, and Sigurd after 53 orbs

I'm super excited for this banner. All of these units should end up being really good.

Henry and Jakob are probably the least impressive on their own, but they are going to add a ton of variety to Armor teams which is pretty awesome. And they will probably be great candidates for Close Counter.

Sakura's dagger is going to be super good and the preferred weapon of choice for dagger wielders since it is effective against all mages regardless of movement type. Felicia is going to be the best counter to every single mage. Including the ones on horses.

Nowi is my most wanted of the bunch and should be really ridiculous. She has a legendary weapon just like Axura so will will score well in the arena. I hope having 1 unit with a "Legendary" weapon becomes the new trend for these seasonal banners. That secondary effect on her weapon is going to be so much fun.

Nowi's Halloween outfit reminds me of this one character in a Chinese comic I started reading, I forget the name but anyway the girl dresses very closely to how H!Nowi looks and is also part dragon.  I wonder if Nintendo swiped the outfit from her?  Anyway at least the guys look good and they are the ones I want so I will pull for them. My armor team is going to be very nice if I manage to pull Henry, and Jakob will be fun as well.

After rewatching the trailer again I just realized that Nowi's quote was probably a reference to Echoes. Since Valm is the future version of Valentia it would actually be true for Nowi to believe that witches existed in the past. Nice touch there IS.

With my luck, I'll most likely only get 2 of them all month. If I can pick, I'd like to get Sakura for Dagger Valor for sure. As for the other one, Nowi would be nice for my flier team as it lacks a ranged attacker or Henry for similar reasons on my armor team. I would also like a Klein for the first time or another Kagero but we'll see what the RNG feels like giving me.

Edited by tobuShogi

The one costume of questionable taste in the bunch is clearly Nowi, because she looks like a child prostitute Sakura.

Is it wrong that I have this mental image of Lethe just sitting in a corner glaring, going "Imma kill this skinny beorc bitch. NO MORDECAI; IT'S NOT OKAY! THAT'S RACIST!!!"

Edited by Shoblongoo

Spoiler

Stats have been datamined. Henry being the first actual res tank armour is interesting, though his HP is rather low for an armour 

The best news is that no one has a BST boost. Thank naga 

Edited by Korath88

The girls feel underwhelming. I was hoping Nowi would be fast enough to not need to get buffed by hone fliers herself (since she'd be the only carrier of that buff I own), but she seems in dire need of it herself. 

Sakura is literally an upgraded Felicia.

Jakob has surprising mixed defenses and got spd as his dump stat. He seems like a sheena with no weakness and range. 

Henry's a fuck you to both Brave Lyn and Rein, he'll be a good anti-meta unit. Pretty sad but funny he's faster than Nowi. 

Honestly, I'm not really impressed by any of them aside from the fact they introduce new things as flier red mage/ranged armors. I'll pull for Nowi anyway since flier memes and Sakura since her art is nice and she could be fun to use. The other two look interesting but I don't think I care enough to blow orbs on them. I still want Hinoka and Ayra if I can, too..

Edited by Alkaid