October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

12 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

It's been tough being stuck in red hell the past few weeks, with Sigurd, Ayra (+ Eldy), and Nowi.  My H! Nowi is of course minus attaq, so she will not be getting the bladetome for me.

Well, I hope she does well for you. Just curious, but, what is your flyer emblem team? Mine would be Elincia, Su!Corrin, H!Nowi, and Cherche. Two mages and two brave users. If I ever get Sp!Camilla, then either Cherche or Elincia will be replaced.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

It's been tough being stuck in red hell the past few weeks, with Sigurd, Ayra (+ Eldy), and Nowi.  My H! Nowi is of course minus attaq, so she will not be getting the bladetome for me.

Actually Bladetomes are pretty decent in fixing -Atk. As long as you have enough buffs, it can make up for the drop.

-Spd however is harder to fix.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I would like to point this out, but H!Nowi is way better than Summer Corrin. A) She has more attack than an +atk Su!Corrin. B) Sure, she has less speed, but it's only by 2 points and that can easily be fixed with LnD and +spd. C) With flyer buffs, she has a really good combat potential and can help other flyers with hone flyers. And there are my reasons for why I believe H!Nowi is better than Su!Corrin. But I will agree that spring Camilla is way better than H!Nowi

Fun Fact: Did you know that Su!Corrin has the same base attack stat as PA!Shigure?

I much rather have S!Corrin's +2 speed over TD!Nowi's +3 Atk. Those mere +2 points of speed can be the difference between the ability to double, which translates to more damage being dealt. I don't think we're in a OHKO meta yet so doubling is much more preferred IMO. 

As for Hone Fliers, Nowi wants that support more than being the one giving out that support. 

Edited by tobuShogi

19 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Red hell is real. All I've gotten from reds on the latest banners was a -spd Sigurd off the FE4 one and a very unwanted Eldigan off Ayra's. I'm praying Nowi doesn't evade me like Ayra has. 

-atk obviously isn't great, but a blade tome is exactly what can help her. Even my awfully unfortunate -spd S Corrin is still plenty usable thanks to her blade tome. She won't be optimal, but she'll probably still do well enough.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Well, I hope she does well for you. Just curious, but, what is your flyer emblem team? Mine would be Elincia, Su!Corrin, H!Nowi, and Cherche. Two mages and two brave users. If I ever get Sp!Camilla, then either Cherche or Elincia will be replaced.

I don't really have one, lol.  My best flying units are Minerva, Brave Axe+ Cherche, and Camilla, so notta lotta diversity.  I'm hoping to get a +Spd or +Atk Cordelia to build up.  I would probably run Nowi, Cherche, Cordelia and Minerva/Camilla.  As far as doing well for me, I'm thinking of screencapping her art and sending it to a friend with the message "just got this cute girl's number at this totally rad costume party I'm at.  I think she's the one".  So, I'd say she's doing very well for me already if I can troll peepo.

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Red hell is real. All I've gotten from reds on the latest banners was a -spd Sigurd off the FE4 one and a very unwanted Eldigan off Ayra's. I'm praying Nowi doesn't evade me like Ayra has. 

-atk obviously isn't great, but a blade tome is exactly what can help her. Even my awfully unfortunate -spd S Corrin is still plenty usable thanks to her blade tome. She won't be optimal, but she'll probably still do well enough.

I feel your pain, brah.  I got an Eldigan off that lame banner too, not to mention countless Henrys, Firs, Lon'qu and Eliwood...

I feel (a little) bad for all the NEETs out there spending all their parent's money in vain on Ayra's banner. 

To not totally derail this topic, what's the consensus on Nowi's special weapon?  It seems like it would be quite useful on Flier Emblem

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I feel your pain, brah.  I got an Eldigan off that lame banner too, not to mention countless Henrys, Firs, Lon'qu and Eliwood...

I feel (a little) bad for all the NEETs out there spending all their parent's money in vain on Ayra's banner. 

To not totally derail this topic, what's the consensus on Nowi's special weapon?  It seems like it would be quite useful on Flier Emblem

hahahahahaha, I got a freaking eldigan on my free pull and I wasn't putting orbs down on that banner so I was kinda annoyed because of that tease.

anyways back on topic, I got nowi after about 30 orbs so I am happy that my luck may be turning up just a bit, I have enjoyed her tome so far, I put guidance on her too so it's a real warping fest on a mixed unit team, it will play no part in the meta most likely, I also find it weird that the tome is uninheritable, has this happened on a seasonal banner before?

13 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

hahahahahaha, I got a freaking eldigan on my free pull and I wasn't putting orbs down on that banner so I was kinda annoyed because of that tease.

anyways back on topic, I got nowi after about 30 orbs so I am happy that my luck may be turning up just a bit, I have enjoyed her tome so far, I put guidance on her too so it's a real warping fest on a mixed unit team, it will play no part in the meta most likely, I also find it weird that the tome is uninheritable, has this happened on a seasonal banner before?

PA!Azura's legendary Axe was uninheritable.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A Brave Dagger would have so low Mt that the unit would be almost guaranteed worse than Quadsuna.

But Quadsuna was S tier once! I mean, that 0×4 is what really sets her apart from the cast.

11 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

definetely killer dagger or a firesweep one

Firesweep weapons were and continue to be a mistake. No-counter silver-grade is bullshit.

@Charmeleonbrah: If I were spending money on either of these banners, I’d rather spend on Ayra. But my disdain for the seasonals is already stated in several places, so I am not going to elaborate and derail even more.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

But Quadsuna was S tier once! I mean, that 0×4 is what really sets her apart from the cast.

Firesweep weapons were and continue to be a mistake. No-counter silver-grade is bullshit.

@Charmeleonbrah: If I were spending money on either of these banners, I’d rather spend on Ayra. But my disdain for the seasonals is already stated in several places, so I am not going to elaborate and derail even more.

i was thinking of firesweep with debuffs. that way you'd be able to attack distant counter and bow units without any fear of them countering you

20 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Power creep is inevitable. If it doesn't happen now, it will happen eventually.

That's a horrible argument.  It's like "Everyone eventually gets hurt, so let's just get hurt now!"  It doesn't make sense because the argument's case seems to be if you get it over with it won't ever happen again.  But unless they make a strict policy to not power creep (which they obviously haven't and won't), it will just happen again.  The game isn't even a year old yet, and you're already trying the "it was inevitable" card?

Sorry, but I've seen this in DBZ Dokkan Battle where power creep got so bad that every 4-6 months the previous best units were all but invalidated by the new ones.  Units considered "broken" a mere year prior are considered barely playable.  Is that what you want in FEH?

5 minutes ago, GinRei said:

That's a horrible argument.  It's like "Everyone eventually gets hurt, so let's just get hurt now!"  It doesn't make sense because the argument's case seems to be if you get it over with it won't ever happen again.  But unless they make a strict policy to not power creep (which they obviously haven't and won't), it will just happen again.  The game isn't even a year old yet, and you're already trying the "it was inevitable" card?

Sorry, but I've seen this in DBZ Dokkan Battle where power creep got so bad that every 4-6 months the previous best units were all but invalidated by the new ones.  Units considered "broken" a mere year prior are considered barely playable.  Is that what you want in FEH?

The reason they do this is probably because, aside from pulling favorite units, there's no real incentive to pull units from new banners if there's no powercreep. They could do it in the form of releasing new skills (not uninheritable), but even then, people would only feel like pulling one or two of them. Like, why would you pull for Ayra when you already have a 5* lvl 40+10 Eirika/Athena/Selena for a while? Whales pull massive amounts for Ayra because she's the best unit out there with her weapon, special and stats. Powercreep IS inevitable and not always bad, it keeps things from getting stale. Is powercreep going too fast is the real question I guess.

I actually feel that FEH is taking it relatively easy on the powercreep compared to some games (like you mentioned, Dokkan battle for one). 

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

i was thinking of firesweep with debuffs. that way you'd be able to attack distant counter and bow units without any fear of them countering you

This is perfect and a Hero with this and/ or a Dazzling Dagger skill is something I've been thinking about for a while. I imagine Sothe will have one of the two when he shows up. I can't think of any other main character dagger users. (Then again, I'm only on the first act of RD, so maybe he ISN'T important enough to be buffed when he shows up. DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING!)

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

After getting 2x Rebecca and 1x Eldigan (Already got 2 from the Ayra banner, thank you very much) from ~350 orbs, I'm quite done with pulling on this damn banner for now x).

I guess it's true that both red AND colorless are getting bloated now. I know this has been the case for a while but seeing scare stories like this really drives it home. Hopefully future banners feature green and blue Heroes to even things out.

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Then again, I'm only on the first act of RD, so maybe he ISN'T important enough to be buffed when he shows up. DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING!

Much like the rest of the Dawn Brigade, he’s irrelevant by the end of Part 1. Enjoy your spoilers.

3 hours ago, Birdy said:

Like, why would you pull for Ayra when you already have a 5* lvl 40+10 Eirika/Athena/Selena for a while? Whales pull massive amounts for Ayra because she's the best unit out there with her weapon, special and stats.

The problem with Ayra is not as much that she's too strong but that most of the other representatives of her class and role are too weak. Melee infantry is a class where you really need to be exceptional to stand out because unlike other classes, they don't have a comfortable crutch to lean against.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem with Ayra is not as much that she's too strong but that most of the other representatives of her class and role are too weak. Melee infantry is a class where you really need to be exceptional to stand out because unlike other classes, they don't have a comfortable crutch to lean against.

I know, that's why my comparison was only against other red swords.

Welp, Jakob just broke my pity rate like the smug jerk he is. At least I got a Klein too. Time to ritually sacrifice them both, the former to my Henry, the latter to my Takumi.

1 minute ago, Birdy said:

I know, that's why my comparison was only against other red swords.

The thing is that Ayra doesn't invalidate any of the other sword infantry characters because either they were already "invalidated" or because they have a different niche to fill that Ayra cannot. The existing sword infantry characters are no worse off with her inclusion unless you were using them to counter other swords.

What Ayra does is make sword infantry characters a more difficult class to counter.

4 hours ago, Birdy said:

Whales pull massive amounts for Ayra because she's the best unit out there with her weapon, special and stats.

I have a feeling being the best matters a bit less than giving the most Arena points.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

This is perfect and a Hero with this and/ or a Dazzling Dagger skill is something I've been thinking about for a while. I imagine Sothe will have one of the two when he shows up. I can't think of any other main character dagger users. (Then again, I'm only on the first act of RD, so maybe he ISN'T important enough to be buffed when he shows up. DON'T SPOIL ANYTHING!)

The most I could see him getting would be the Hunter’s Dagger; a dagger effective against cavalry units. 

@ Ayra thing: She can burn for all I care. Still, it makes me wonder who will be the next unit who will get this special snowflake treatment...

Edited by Lord-Zero

4% appearance rate on this banner. I have yet to pull a Klein in the process. Did get Priscilla though and she's new for me so that's something. I did get my second Kagero but she didn't come with the best of boon/bane but it's better than the first one.