Favorite story element?

Alistair

Yes, this is a gacha game so the story is infinitely less important than the gameplay BUT that doesn't mean it can't generate discussion.

My favorite story element would be Veronica's character development, at least in the Sacred World paralouge; she realized being an Emblian royal means ruling, just ruling, and that she's been neglecting her duty in favor of chasing the Order around.

That may be me reading into it, though.

Quoting myself from a previous topic...

On 4/30/2017 at 5:50 PM, Sire said:

...the best story bit in Heroes is the Blazing Shadows Paralogue (the FE7 Paralogue) because it focus on character interaction and actually progresses the story instead of the usual "Oh no, they did 'x!' We have to stop them now! // Good job team! We the best!" // Honestly, the Paralogues had some of the better writing moments than the main story, although it too had its moments (there was too much fluff, but Heroes is more about the gameplay and collecting characters than the story.)

There are some excellent story elements here and there, but one has to go looking for them because there is a lot of fluff. I have to agree the Sacred World paralogue with Seth talking to Veronica is a good highlight, but otherwise most of it just hand waved explanations that do not progress the plot or are actually interesting.

Honestly, the most interesting story things going on at the moment are...

1. Emblia and the Curse
- Bruno and his attempts at finding a cure
- Veronica listening to the voices.

2. The introduction of Loki and whatever it is doing.

3. Previously, the identity of the "Masked Man / ???" actually was. (While obvious, it did generate some interesting discussion before it was officially revealed.)

2 hours ago, Sire said:

There are some excellent story elements here and there, but one has to go looking for them because there is a lot of fluff. I have to agree the Sacred World paralogue with Seth talking to Veronica is a good highlight, but otherwise most of it just hand waved explanations that do not progress the plot or are actually interesting.

1. Emblia and the Curse

3. Previously, the identity of the "Masked Man / ???" actually was. (While obvious, it did generate some interesting discussion before it was officially revealed.)

I mean what else is there beside what you just listed? As much as I like Xander talking to Seth there's nothing else I can name.

I'm way more interested in the Tempest Trial sub-plot than I'm in the actual story since it not only involves my favorite character but her interacting with various character over the franchise history.

@Zangetsu The Tempest Trials seem to have even less plot than the main chapters. Each prologue and epilogue of all TTs have been pretty similar, or am I missing something? 

9 hours ago, Sire said:

1. Emblia and the Curse

2. In the last Chapters it seemed as if Loki is awaiting his boss to arrive soon in Emblia/Askir? 

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zangetsu The Tempest Trials seem to have even less plot than the main chapters. Each prologue and epilogue of all TTs have been pretty similar, or am I missing something?

No, you pretty much nailed it. I already listed why I like it though.

What's most interesting? That it is like every other Fire Emblem. Loki as an earthly servant of some big dragon/demon, who manipulates authoritative figures (Veronica) to cause war for personal gain, until a band of merrily recruited warriors, lead by some lords, defeat him at the end with some special item (Fire Emblem, whatever it will be this time) and with a bit of drama (Bruno/Zach) in between. Not sure how they will implement an endgame with gacha, though.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Would be cool if they would bring the story to an end sometime after one year and come up with a new story line. The highlight would be to get Bruno, Veronica, Loki and Lokis Boss as GHB units or Endgame rewards. Perhaps the they could merge the main story thread with TT at some point, to get Marth involved in the endgame, @Zangetsu.

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Would be cool if they would bring the story to an end sometime after one year and come up with a new story line. The highlight would be to get Bruno, Veronica, Loki and Lokis Boss as GHB units or Endgame rewards. Perhaps the they could merge the main story thread with TT at some point, to get Marth involved in the endgame, @Zangetsu.

IIRC, Loki is the one who started the whole TT to begin with, so you might onto something.

My favorite story moments are the name drops. In Paralogue 3 there was the Bramimond name drop. More recently I believe there was a reference to Naglfar, Lyon's tome from Sacred Stones. It gives you the impression that the Emblians go into these world for reasons other than cute mage girls, they're there for information.