What characters do you like to see in the Thanksgiving Banner?

King Marth 64

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I suppose we could get characters in sweaters since it's a clothing theme like summer...but somehow I doubt a fully covered Camilla would sell as well as one in a bunny, swimsuit, sexy witch, etc. costume.

Ahem. Meme-attire sweaters exist. And they would most certainly sell.

I really don't know, but I feel as if the Fates/Awakening characters have gotten the special treatment lately. Maybe sprinkle an Seliph or a Camus as a special unit instead of throwing in another Camilla or Cordelia. 

(I'm sounding like an Elitist, I don't mean to, but we have only gotten 2 special units who aren't in the 'Fates/Awakening' category, and I'm getting bored of just those characters being 'specialized' all the time.)(Sorry...)

Err..... I thought some people in the thread would just list some characters that we wanted to see the next Banner after Halloween, but I wanted to create a thread that is something peaceful and helpful.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:00 AM, hunty said:

The amount of Americanocentrism is one single post, jfc. This will never happen. Please stop.

Dude, can you might please stop, that's seems to be a little rude. Not everyone knows everything you know.

On 10/26/2017 at 12:25 AM, athena_57 said:

Eh, don't know about the others, but I live I the Netherlands and I can assure you we don't celebrate Thanksgiving

Wait, did you asked some people in the Netherlands that one of them celebrated Thanksgiving? I don't know if Google could probably might have made a mistake in those lists?

On 10/26/2017 at 9:47 AM, Roflolxp54 said:

1. There’s been a lot of seasonal banners lately since the recent ones have been a month long each and have been run back-to-back. (2 swimsuit banners and the Performing Arts followed by the Halloween banner) Ayra being put into a banner with 2 old Focus units for her debut banner does not help matters in the amount of banners being run in the game, especially with what her banner implied.

2. Thanksgiving in the 4th Thursday of November is significant only to those living in the USA. Other countries may have their own Thanksgiving days in different times of the year. FEH is a Japanese game and tends to time events with Japanese traditions (or huge commercial events like Golden Week or Christmas.

3. Thanksgiving typically doesn’t lend itself to fanservice unlike Easter, summer vacation, and Christmas.

But, none of the Fire Emblem countries nor continents are based off from Asian themed except for Hoshido and Chon'sin. They're more Medieval inspired and I did seen some animes that showed some settings at America such as Jojo's Bizzare Adventures and Gunsmith Cats.   

Besides that, I did learned in Japanese class that my Sensei did told us that there were some differences that Japanese Halloween and Japanese Christmas from here at North America that have no Trick or Treat and they focus more on Costumes by the way, besides that, I did seen some of the characters in the Halloween Banner trailer that did said "Trick or Trick" in one of their Critical Quotes. And for Christmas in Japan, she did told us that people in Japan that can only get one present each from a person while here in North America that people can many presents received. But, I didn't asked her how Thanksgiving how is different in Japan since her class was over during at May.

My 4 unit food-based Thanksgiving Banner:

Selena as Cranberry Sauce- with the classic shape of the can it came out of.

As Mashed Potatoes with Gravy- Donnel.

As Pumpkin Pie- how about Sumia?

As Turkey- Hinata. Now let me prepare by thawing him in cold water in the sink, in you go my lovely bird! Then, I shall put him into the oven breast up, basting him generously first. Once he is done cooking *slaps on surgical gloves* I shall insert the stuffing! And onto my dinner table he shall go. If I must drench him in gravy, so be it!

4 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Wait, did you asked some people in the Netherlands that one of them celebrated Thanksgiving? I don't know if Google could probably might have made a mistake in those lists?

Having a holiday named "Thanksgiving" is different from celebrating a holiday named "Thanksgiving" is different from celebrating an American Thanksgiving.

4 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

But, I didn't asked her how Thanksgiving how is different in Japan since her class was over during at May.

According to my interpretation of the Wikipedia article, Labor Thanksgiving Day is basically just a cross between Labor Day and a harvest celebration.

If there is a Thanksgiving bannner (I hope there isn't so my orbs can rest for Christmas Tharja and Robin) I would like Mozu in a farmer outfit, Brom dressed up as a Turkey, Ross as a lumberman, and Donnel wearing a Pilgrim costume. A banner featuring commoners for the efforts done by them. 

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ahem. Meme-attire sweaters exist. And they would most certainly sell.

To be fair, I'd probably whale for sweater characters because I love sweaters. I want a banner of red-heads in Weasley jumpers. But that's not very "fall." More Christmas.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

8 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Er, if you look below my profile picture, you'll see I live in the Netherlands myself. I'd like to think my 18 years of experience of living in the Netherlands count for something xD. Also, no-one else I know here in the Netherlands celebrates thanksgiving.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:21 AM, Charmeleonbrah said:

@eclipse You really want this to happen, don't you?

It's one of Peri's redeeming qualities.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:49 PM, Rafiel's Aria said:

What if we got a fall banner with Leif dressed as a pile of leaves and three other characters dressed as Leif?

Nanna's feathers can pass for leaves.  Ronan's growths can pass for compost.  Dunno who the fourth member will be.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:00 AM, hunty said:

The amount of Americanocentrism is one single post, jfc. This will never happen. Please stop.

You're on a site hosted in America, with a lot of American visitors.  Deal with it.