Marcia's pegasus is named Apples?

Nóatún

I'm calling all players who might be more knowledgeable about the Tellius series than me; I've played them a ton of times and thought I knew most of it like the back of my hand, but I never saw Marcia mention her pegasus by name. I've noticed that the wiki has their name listed as "Apples", but I can't find a source past that; most of the search results I find are people commenting on other sites with remarks such as, "I just found out her pegasus's name is Apples, did you know that?" or sites that seem to have basically copied information from the wiki, but never a source from the game or supplemental material. I'm a stickler for accuracy and would rather have the wiki remove something that's false if there's no source (such as when many were saying that Camilla's wyvern's name was Marzia because the wiki said so, when it turns out that was a name given to her in fanfiction), so I need your help figuring this out!

Oh, and funnily enough, the only other source I see for the name Applies is, coincidentally, a work of fanfiction. Is there a line hidden somewhere in the game where I've missed it?

Edited by Nóatún

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah, good question, I only assume it was in a support? If not, somebody put their headcanon in the wiki and nobody cared to remove it yet...

I went over the Path of Radiance supports again (well, I pulled them up through Serenes and CTRL-F'd for Apples) and couldn't find anything relating to it. If it was in the game, I would assume at this point that it was in a base conversation that I'd forgotten, or possibly even in one of those silly "support conversations" that Radiant Dawn had, but I can't find any info that supports that, either.

I don't think it's anywhere in PoR. It being in one of RD's sorry excuses for supports seems possible.

OR, it's in Tellius Recollection? That has a lot of stuff in it that didn't make it into the games. For example, Ike likes birds because of how free they seem. That's nowhere ingame at all.

9 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I don't think it's anywhere in PoR. It being in one of RD's sorry excuses for supports seems possible.

OR, it's in Tellius Recollection? That has a lot of stuff in it that didn't make it into the games. For example, Ike likes birds because of how free they seem. That's nowhere ingame at all.

The Tellius Recollection was pretty much my first thought when I made this, but I can't find the info on the translation blog where I've seen most of the other information from the books - Marcia's profile from there, for example, makes no mention of her pegasus, nor does it say anything on her other profile. I'm hoping someone who knows for sure will eventually post here, because I really hate the idea of something mistakenly being spread around as fact, but want to wait to hear a definitive answer first (or at least wait a reasonable amount of time for one) before touching the wiki.

The Radiant Dawn conversations don't seem to have it, either, at least if the data on Serenes is complete.

Edited by Nóatún

5 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I don't know about her pegasus but she has a pig named Makalov.

OMG, this better be canon! I would be sad if it wasn't. 

If it's not in Recollection then, I bet it's somebody putting headcanons in the wiki...should somebody try to contact the wiki runners? I don't mind it at all myself, but I don't go around putting my millions of headcanons in canon wikis, it's kinda wrong.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

OMG, this better be canon! I would be sad if it wasn't. 

If it's not in Recollection then, I bet it's somebody putting headcanons in the wiki...should somebody try to contact the wiki runners? I don't mind it at all myself, but I don't go around putting my millions of headcanons in canon wikis, it's kinda wrong.

I have a feeling that this is an official picture of the pig. I wasn't aware that there was a way to contact anyone in charge of a wiki (if there is one), but I'll probably dig around for a way later and see what they think, assuming I can get ahold of them.

Edited by Nóatún

In Begnion, referring to food is profanity, as seen by "Moldy Onions!" and "Crackers".  She thought she was being edgy by naming her mount the equivalent of "Dammit".

1 hour ago, Xanaxian said:

Well, Haar did once prefer to Marcia's pegasus as an "apple-eating fleabag"...

Would that make it a cannibal?

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

In Begnion, referring to food is profanity, as seen by "Moldy Onions!" and "Crackers".  She thought she was being edgy by naming her mount the equivalent of "Dammit".

11 hours ago, Xanaxian said:

Well, Haar did once prefer to Marcia's pegasus as an "apple-eating fleabag"...

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Would that make it a cannibal?

You guys are HILARIOUS.

I think the food swears aren't to be taken seriously, actually. And I think if she named the pegasus Apples, it was like, a cute and clever pun on its favorite food. I can feed my cat cheetos and not joke about cannibalism. His name is Cheeto lol. If he was named after his favorite food rather than his color, his name would be Deli Ham. He won't eat hamburger, eggs, chicken, or turkey! He only eats ham and his kibble and actual cat treats. And the occasional salty snack chip/cracker/cheeto if he can get it.

I love it when steeds get names though, it fleshes out their riders a bit. I've named quite a few canons myself, I named Haar's wyvern Somnus, the latin word for sleep lol. But I really don't know about going on wikis and putting up those names...

Apples does really sound like a name Marcia would come up with though. Although...male or female pegasus? THE PEOPLE MUST KNOW! The name is gender neutral! For the record, Somnus is male in my headcanon. That name sounds masculine enough.

@Nóatún There probably isn't just one person "in charge", but you can try finding somebody who's made a lot of edits/contributions and asking them? Maybe they know something we don't or they can say "oh, so and so put that up, ask them".

Edited by Dragoncat