Material drop guide

wissenschaft

This seems way useful, since I am at the point of material grinding for crests (besides leveling and unlocking stuff of course) The other lists are useful as well, the achievement one especially since I do plan on 100% this game. I do say this should be pinned because it's so good (or at least linked on the main page)

Grinding Myrmidon head guards. Even though 80% of the enemies in that map are myrmidons and I'm getting 5000 KOs total, I come out with just 1-2. But I nab more of the archer and warrior silver stuff despite them being totally rare enemies. Am I missing something?

On November 3, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Glennstavos said:

Grinding Myrmidon head guards. Even though 80% of the enemies in that map are myrmidons and I'm getting 5000 KOs total, I come out with just 1-2. But I nab more of the archer and warrior silver stuff despite them being totally rare enemies. Am I missing something?

You should go into the Temple in your Camp and choose the "Rare-Materials Blessing" for 25,000 gold and 100 common materials. It will cause regular captains to drop silver materials like crazy and vastly raise the odds of characters dropping their gold materials.

Remember that it will only last for one battle, so you have to remember to receive the blessing everytime you plan on grinding.

(Also not too sure if this is a blessing you can get right away or if it's unlocked after leveling up your Temple with Anna's Mementos...)

Also, just to be sure that there is no confusion, only the captains (enemies you can lock onto) can drop silver materials.

1 minute ago, Fulush said:

You should go into the Temple in your Camp and choose the "Rare-Materials Blessing" for 25,000 gold and 100 common materials. It will cause regular captains to drop silver materials like crazy and vastly raise the odds of characters dropping their gold materials.

Remember that it will only last for one battle, so you have to remember to receive the blessing everytime you plan on grinding.

(Also not too sure if this is a blessing you can get right away or if it's unlocked after leveling up your Temple with Anna's Mementos...)

Also, just to be sure that there is no confusion, only the captains (enemies you can lock onto) can drop silver materials.

yeah it was just a streak of bad luck. But since that post I've put Divining on my weapons, as well as used Awakening Mode more liberally since that boosts drop rates if you strategically use it on mobs before turning on captains.

As for the blessings, yeah I only have stuff that boosts weapon drops and weapon quality. I've got 45 mementos and still don't have material-related blessings.

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

yeah it was just a streak of bad luck. But since that post I've put Divining on my weapons, as well as used Awakening Mode more liberally since that boosts drop rates if you strategically use it on mobs before turning on captains.

As for the blessings, yeah I only have stuff that boosts weapon drops and weapon quality. I've got 45 mementos and still don't have material-related blessings.

Ah okay. Good point about Divining though, I always forget about that. So that means the item drop blessing is at 

Spoiler

50 mementos. Which also happens to be the last temple upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Under the map list for Ch 20 it says: "The characters in playable character slots 2, 3 and 4 will appear, and will appear again once you approach the shadow of your file's main lord (Rowan/Lianna). But I cannot seem to get the shadows to appear a second time. Has anyone actually seen this happen? I approached the Lianna shadow, even tried reducing her to a sliver of health, and waited around for a long time but nothing else showed up.

That was the description I put. I've never had any issues getting the shadows to spawn, but there does seem to be some kind of bug where they won't. They always spawned for me the moment I stepped inside the central fort.

3 hours ago, Tables said:

That was the description I put. I've never had any issues getting the shadows to spawn, but there does seem to be some kind of bug where they won't. They always spawned for me the moment I stepped inside the central fort.

Perhaps there are other factors that determine whether or not they spawn. I've tried both hard and lunatic difficulties and I always have all the forts taken and I can't get them to spawn. What difficulty do you use and are there any other factors you can think of that may effect it?

I've done it on a variety of difficulties. I don't know what other factors there might be, either, I'm afraid. Are you on 3DS or Switch? I'm on Switch. Try controlling someone as you enter the final base, that might make a difference.

• 1 month later...

Think it's safe to say for the Chapter 20 shadows, the difference is between picking Rowan or Lianna as the main lord. If you pick Rowan, if you fight shadow Rowan with any unit, the second set of shadows will appear. If you pick Lianna, you have to fight shadow Lianna with Lianna to get the second set of shadows to appear.

Edited by MrPerson0

4 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

Think it's safe to say for the Chapter 20 shadows, the difference is between picking Rowan or Lianna as the main lord. If you pick Rowan, if you fight shadow Rowan with any unit, the second set of shadows will appear. If you pick Lianna, you have to fight shadow Lianna with Lianna to get the second set of shadows to appear.

How much have you tested this? Because the help sheet itself says: The characters in playable character slots 2, 3 and 4 will appear, and will appear again once you approach the shadow of your file's main lord (Rowan/Lianna). Reappearance only occurs if your file's main lord is in slot 1 (darker blue tile during prep) and you approach with the main lord.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

How much have you tested this? Because the help sheet itself says: The characters in playable character slots 2, 3 and 4 will appear, and will appear again once you approach the shadow of your file's main lord (Rowan/Lianna). Reappearance only occurs if your file's main lord is in slot 1 (darker blue tile during prep) and you approach with the main lord.

Video of 1.1.0 English with Rowan as the main lord. As soon as shadow Rowan targets the playable character (not using Rowan), the shadows appear:

https://youtu.be/1-vcqjyZF6E?t=1258

Same person uploaded another video with his main lord (Rowan) never being deployed:

https://youtu.be/qvfvaTwzaXk?t=300

• 3 months later...