What do you do with your grand heroes?

Prince Endriu

They just sit there gathering dust. The only GHB units I have trained up myself are Xander (before I had an Ike to wreck things with) and Arvis (who is too new to be of any noteworthiness). I do have a few of them trained up at 4*, but only because of the missions. Otherwise I don't care about any of them enough to bother.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, I fused all of Lloyds and Navarres into onee... The others are still around since I don't know what to do with them.

Ah but of course I keep a copy of them for me, even if they are just there... never being used (like poor Navarre and Lloyd)

Edited by SniperGYS

Depends on the hero.

I tend to use F!Robin and Michalis a fair bit in casual play and I plan to merge them. I even gave my F!Robin Close Counter for fun.
Xander and Camus are also planned to be merged and are staples on my Cavalry Team.
Legion and Clarisse are fun to mess around with. I look forward to eventually making a Brave Axe+ Legion.
Berkut I want to use, but he requires some investment and I do not have the time or resources for it...

The only GHB heroes I do not really use are Narcian, Navarre, and Lloyd. Ursula has some potential but she requires heavy investment (and Reinhardt/Olwen exist), and I really do not care much for her character.

I've 5 starred Michalis, Valter, Camus, Xander, and Ursula as far as GHB units go. All of them have gotten a LOT of use. Arvis will probably join them as soon as I hit 120k feathers again. If Lyon ever comes around as a GHB, I'll plan to 5 star and merge all of him because I love him. x3 The only characters I've used for SI are F. Robin and Narcian since B. Tomebreaker and Lancebreaker were rare for a while...actually the former still doesn't exist in the summon pool, but it's not in such high demand. Otherwise, they just sit around. I'd actually like to build Lloyd and Legion one of these days, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

I try to get everyone to 4 stars level 40 because they're useful for GHB missions. ...actually the only person I don't have at that level is Narcian. I DID have him close, but I foddered that copy off. Gotta start over from scratch again. Oh well. I doubt we'll see his GHB revival for a while.

Some characters I may make a 4 star merged copy of. I know it's not necessarily a good idea, but Berkut? I'm not sure I'll ever get any use out of him. And I don't want to waste the feathers to build a super merged 5 star copy. At least the others have a chance of that happening.

EDIT: Now that I think about it...I may end up foddering off a Clarisse to give her bow to Virion....

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

The only GHB unit that I've promoted to 5" is Ursula and I plan on getting her to 5* Lv 40+4.  Most of the GHB units have some form of useful fodder, though I try to keep atleast one copy of each. 

I did end up sacrificing both of my copies of Camus' for SI since I was expecting his GHB to return within several weeks... and here we are... 6 months later.

I level them up 5* and merge them eventually. I think I will make Ursula a priority since she has enough copies released that I can use her in Arena Assault effectively and I can use my highly merged Olwen outside of a pony team.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why would he be when he kills even Fury Nowi on his Player Phase? Though his Enemy Phase isn't bad either if you build for it.

Its more because im baffled at how good his EP are

I make stupidly named teams out of them. The reason Arvis is so low leveled compared to the others is because Navarre used to have his spot, but he got promoted to a 5-star, and is now too good for the Chump Brigade. As for the extras, I haven't used any of them for anything yet, but if the barracks get too full, I guess I could use some as skill inheritance fodder and merge the rest. For now, they get to sit in the barracks, taking up space.

IMG_20171027_223630.jpg

I don't send any of them home.  I don't have the patience to get multiple copies, so I just get the 3* one if I don't care about them (Clarisse, Legion, etc) and the ones that I do care about I promoted to 5*.  They're the ones that I spend my feathers on LOL.  I don't spend feathers on rollable units in case I manage to roll a 5* version of them.  I feel like the GHB characters that I really use are just Camus and Xander.  Sometimes I'll pull out Berkut, and occasionally Clive and Ursula when I need them.

I keep a single copy and use the rest as fodder like everyone else since I just don't do and don't plan to do merges for any unit.

(sole exception is when I get a good nature for a character I already have at 5* like when I upgraded my neutral reinhardt for a +att one)

Been playing since the first month, entirely f2p, and I've yet never had to expand my barracks.

Promoted Michalis, Zephiel, Xander, Camus, Berkut & Valter to 5*.

Edited by Vince777

I gather those who I like, the others I use for skill fodder or send them home (But I keep one copy).
To make something of them I would need more feather income, because at least now my feathers are fore merging certain heroes which takes all my feather ressources. 

At the moment Ursula, Xander, Camus are promoted to 5*. 

I plan to promote one of each of them to 5*. So far I've promoted:

Xander (and maxed his HM), Camus (nearly maxed his HM), Navarre, Valter, Narcian, Berkut and Michalis.

Arvis is just levelling up. He's my next planned 5*.

I actually use all of them (the 5*'s) in AA except Navarre, who has too much competition and is a bit squishy for my liking. I will try to find a use for him eventually, though.

I've kept my spare copies of Xander and Camus. I use them enough that I might end up making merged versions and Xander isn't really good for SI. Camus would be, but oh well.

I've used my spare F!Robins, Lloyds and Narcians for fodder. I'll use the rest if I need to, since I have no plans to create merged copies of them. I will keep one of each of them, though, and they're all currently at level 40 4* if I haven't promoted them to 5* :)

Edited by Cute Chao

Promote the really good ones like Xander, Camus and Arvis

Otherwise train up at least one of them as level 40 at 4 star rarity.

Some of them I do emergency skill inheritance fodder like Lloyd (Iceberg is sadly rare since I rarely go colourless), Narcian and Navarre.

Otherwise they sit in the barracks, untrained and filling up precious space.

Edited by mcsilas

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I plan to promote one of each of them to 5*. So far I've promoted:

Xander (and maxed his HM), Camus (nearly maxed his HM), Navarre, Valter, Narcian, Berkut and Michalis.

[...]

Why Navarre and Berkut? They have so much competition, even by the 5* free TT units we got. 

38 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why Navarre and Berkut? They have so much competition, even by the 5* free TT units we got. 

I'm planning to promote every unit that isn't available at 5* to 5*.

Since Navarre and Berkut are both characters I really like, they got priority. To be fair on him, I do use Berkut in AA quite a bit, since I come across a lot of sword units and he can kill nearly all of them with the swordbreaker I gave him :) (I think he might struggle with the armours, but that's fine). He works with other horse units to deal some damage :)

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm planning to promote every unit that isn't available at 5* to 5*.

Since Navarre and Berkut are both characters I really like, they got priority. To be fair on him, I do use Berkut in AA quite a bit, since I come across a lot of sword units and he can kill nearly all of them with the swordbreaker I gave him :) (I think he might struggle with the armours, but that's fine). He works with other horse units to deal some damage :)

Great project! I think I have too many other projects running, but with feather inflation it could become possible for me to promote more of the GHB units as well. 

I gave swordbreaker to Clive with similar results, but he came at 5*. 

Edited by mampfoid

57 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Great project! I think I have too many other projects running, but with feather inflation it could become possible for me to promote more of the GHB units as well. 

I gave swordbreaker to Clive with similar results, but he came at 5*. 

Yup, my Clive has swordbreaker and he terrorises the Arena (Assault) :D

But I haven't given it to ones like Oscar yes, and Roderick doesn't really work with swordbreaker when he has the firesweep lance (I assume). Abel is only 4*, so he's still a bit squishy so I tend to go for Berkut over him (not sure how accurate it is to do that, but that's what I've found). My main lancebreakers are Ephraim, Clive, Berkut and Valter. Abel also does have it for the Olivias and Lucinas of the arena, who seem to fall to him nicely :) Ike is a bit more hit and miss.

I need to give more units axebreaker out of everything, but then axes are more rare in the arena and tend to be pretty slow, or TA (like Azura) so I haven't really bothered, yet. Might give Navarre something to do, though.

Camus was instantly promoted twice to 5* and merged for a +1. I was going to do it with Xander as well but I got way too many good horses and didn't need to right away, but I plan to eventually promote him. Zephiel was promoted to 5* but the BK  came along so I never got around to giving Zephiel any merges. The BK got the +1 treatment instead. Also Arden too, LOL.

The likes of Legion, Michalis, Arvis, and Valter are also definite candidates to get the 5* treatment, but I just haven't been extremely motivated for them.

The rest are unimpressive to me and have competition from units who are vastly superior to them so they will probably sit in my barracks and just take up space. I will possibly use some of they for Skill inheritance but I won't send them home.

Always keeping the highest quality once as lvl 40 for any instance I need the unit, may it be quest or otherwise. Keep the rest for eventualities and good fodder, and only a few for future merging (let's face it, yes we get more feathers, but there are so many priorities over limited merging to a maximum set by the number of available units).

5* a few. Xander and Ursula for my main horsie team (I'll never get a good Olwen, and Ursula is pretty good). Will 5* Camus if I get Leo for my second horsie team.

I killed off some spares through casual sending home or whatever SI. One Camus died to give Goad Cavalry to Xander. Wasted spare Navarres,, Berkuts, coz they are trash that I will never use as 5*. Killed off my spare Legions, because he has no SI potential and I won't 5* him ever (what noteworthy role would he have?). The rest is gathering dust on their heads and I'm tempted to trash Clarisse's spares for being kinda useless. Arden, Arvis, BK, Valter are great fodder candidates and will never be casually destroyed. Xander, Ursula will get merged someday, and the rest is more a matter of "Maayyyyyybe, it will be useful to keep those for some weird reason, somehow, at some point....."

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

[...]

I need to give more units axebreaker out of everything, but then axes are more rare in the arena and tend to be pretty slow, or TA (like Azura) so I haven't really bothered, yet. Might give Navarre something to do, though.

Axebreaker gave some merged 4* units like Chrom and Lilina a niche, Lilina was great in Legions GHB (even if I solved infernal without her) . I also have Swordbreaker on Klein and Lancebreaker on Jeorge (Brave+/DB3) to cover more units with them.

I still have to find a niche for my 4* GHB units Navarre (xx swords better than him), Lloyd (needs DC, but that skill is too rare), Zephiel (BK and Arden ...), Clarisse and Berkut. The greens (Legion, F!Robin, Narcian) will be promoted for sure.