What do you do with your grand heroes?

Prince Endriu

Generally, I hoard them planning to eventually merge them. I tend to 5* the ones with special weapons because why not? Specifically:

• Narcien is skill fodder because lancebreaker, he's shown up so many times, and I don't like him.
  • F!Robin I've been meaning to train up, but she seems rather unimpressive.
  • Ursula is level 40 4* and I use her occasionally, but mostly she sits around not doing much.
  • Michalis I 5*ed because Hauteclere seemed cool, I like him, and I thought he might be decent. I was wrong, but until very recently, he was my only green flyer, and now that he has fury, and I plan to give him desperation and brash assault he might be okay.
  • Navarre I've basically ignored after getting to level 40 4*.
  • Zeph 5* and is useful on my armor team, though Arden might be replacing him, but that's not set in stone.
  • Xander got 5*ed and merged and sees a lot of use since my primary team is cav and I don't have Brave Roy or Sigurd.
  • Lloyd, same as Navarre. If I'd liked his art better and/or he was better, he might've gotten 5*ed since I loved him in FE7.
  • Camus is one of my favorite characters by a long shot so he got 5*ed and merged. He was a staple on my horse team until I got Brave Lyn so someone had to go, Xander was my only red, Clarine is my healer for things like TT and CC, and so it was either him or Reinhardt and that's a no-brainer.
  • Legion, same as Lloyd and Navarre.
  • Clarisse, 4* 40 and ignored as well.
  • Berkut got to 40 4* solely for the TT. Otherwise, fuck 'im.
  • Valter I 5*ed because cursed lance seemed fun, and he's actually very solid on my flier team. I dare say he's the best, but that's not saying a lot since it's Michalis, 4* +Spd -Res Cordy, and Palla.
  • Arvis got 5* because Valflame is sweet, I like him a lot, and to make him more useful for TT. He has a decent shot of getting used more.
Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/28/2017 at 9:16 PM, mampfoid said:

Axebreaker gave some merged 4* units like Chrom and Lilina a niche, Lilina was great in Legions GHB (even if I solved infernal without her) . I also have Swordbreaker on Klein and Lancebreaker on Jeorge (Brave+/DB3) to cover more units with them.

I still have to find a niche for my 4* GHB units Navarre (xx swords better than him), Lloyd (needs DC, but that skill is too rare), Zephiel (BK and Arden ...), Clarisse and Berkut. The greens (Legion, F!Robin, Narcian) will be promoted for sure.

I have a swordbreaker on Klein but since I haven't used brave bows on anyone else, my Jeorge currently has a bowbreaker and is a Lyn counter more than anything, unless she has brave bow (then M!Robin and Henry come out to play).

I think currently, only my Alfonse has an axebreaker. I've been tempted to give Saber one, since I use him so rarely, I can give him this niche to use him more and then build him up properly another time. 

Man, I have a spare DC and wouldn't have hesitated to drop it on Lloyd if the unfortunate hadn't happened. As it is, I'm saving it still in case someone I really adore needs it in the future. 

I've given TA2 to F!Robin to give her more uses, but she's still very flimsy to put against Reinhardt - the main person I need her to be useful against, so she keeps getting pushed lower into the promote pile. I did promote Arvis to 5* today :D Waiting to see who I get from the next banner to train him, though, since I'll hopefully be training him alongside Arden, Henry and Jakob (if I get lucky enough to pull the two boys from the halloween banner).

18 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

[...]

Man, I have a spare DC and wouldn't have hesitated to drop it on Lloyd if the unfortunate hadn't happened. As it is, I'm saving it still in case someone I really adore needs it in the future. 

I've given TA2 to F!Robin to give her more uses, but she's still very flimsy to put against Reinhardt - the main person I need her to be useful against, so she keeps getting pushed lower into the promote pile. I did promote Arvis to 5* today :D Waiting to see who I get from the next banner to train him, though, since I'll hopefully be training him alongside Arden, Henry and Jakob (if I get lucky enough to pull the two boys from the halloween banner).

The unfortunate ... his art? 

Did the same with F!Robin. I have a half dozen of half built Lyn and Reinhardt counters, if I should start to finish them, the GHB units would be as good as a start as any. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

The unfortunate ... his art? 

Did the same with F!Robin. I have a half dozen of half built Lyn and Reinhardt counters, if I should start to finish them, the GHB units would be as good as a start as any. 

I have two hard Lyn counters (Henry and Robin), but I don't currently have any other raven users built. The rest are dagger or bow units with bowbreaker and (apart from one run) I usually don't get more than two brave bow Lyns. Last run was all Lyn and Reinhardts though. I had to take several risks. Bit dull, but I know why people do it, since defence nets you 500 feathers. I do it, too, but my plan now is that once I've got one defence point (if I do get one), I'm gonna switch over to a more fun team :) 

And yes, his art. I just... I mean, it barely looks like Lloyd to me. It's like some thug stole his clothing, half-heartedly mimicked his look and thought all was good. I think it's more of a disappointment because I was really, really looking forward to how he would be portrayed in the game and got... that. 

His voice is great. Just the looks. He and Eliwood would be my first vote for seasonal art if we got a choice, since it feels neither got done well -.- 

30 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have two hard Lyn counters (Henry and Robin), but I don't currently have any other raven users built. The rest are dagger or bow units with bowbreaker and (apart from one run) I usually don't get more than two brave bow Lyns. Last run was all Lyn and Reinhardts though. I had to take several risks. Bit dull, but I know why people do it, since defence nets you 500 feathers. I do it, too, but my plan now is that once I've got one defence point (if I do get one), I'm gonna switch over to a more fun team :) 

And yes, his art. I just... I mean, it barely looks like Lloyd to me. It's like some thug stole his clothing, half-heartedly mimicked his look and thought all was good. I think it's more of a disappointment because I was really, really looking forward to how he would be portrayed in the game and got... that. 

His voice is great. Just the looks. He and Eliwood would be my first vote for seasonal art if we got a choice, since it feels neither got done well -.- 

I do it the other way around, if I got no defense wins until Sunday, I change to a more annoying team (wasn't necessary for some weeks). 

My next GHB promotion will be Narcian (flier!), Robin (anti-horse, Reinhardt + Lyn counter) or the next new GHB. 

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I do it the other way around, if I got no defense wins until Sunday, I change to a more annoying team (wasn't necessary for some weeks). 

My next GHB promotion will be Narcian (flier!), Robin (anti-horse, Reinhardt + Lyn counter) or the next new GHB. 

I do the annoying one first to have the maximum time to get the defence win, since it doesn't always work even with them. >.<

I'm not convinced by F!Robin as a counter for Reinhardt - she dies to him fairly easily if the slightest conditions are met... but then mine is 4*. Maybe at 5* she'll do more. Mine hasn't got -raven yet and probably won't for a while, since I'm still promoting others to get the convos :)

I generally train 1 copy of the 4* version to LV40 - when their GHB rolls around again, I will have an easier time finishing the quests that come with them.

I've promoted Michalis, Zephiel, Xander, Camus, Valter and Arvis to 5* since I felt that they were some of the best units for a F2P player like me. The spare copies are rotting in my barracks though...

Edited by GespenstMK2S

I've promoted a few of them, but the rest are rotting in my barracks. I keep the extras in case I ever want to merge them, but I doubt I ever will. Xander's probably the only one I would ever consider merging. Some are good skill fodder too, but I should probably start sending home some I don't use. My barracks feel clogged.

The ones I've promoted to 5*:

• Xander
  • Camus
  • Valter
  • Arvis

No need to comment for Xander and Camus. Valter I kind of regret since I was hyped about his weapon and that he'd be a really nice flier to add to my collection, but I've basically never used him since promoting. I just can't find use for him when I have a great Cordelia and good Catria already. Arvis is doing wonderful in TT and I'm really glad I promoted him. His healing and debuffing will no doubt be similarly valuable in upcoming CCs and TTs. (he already did well in the FE4/Halloween one we just got) Great alternative to my usual Falchion healers for that stuff.

For the rest I haven't promoted:

• Narcian: I just don't really need him. He's better used as skill fodder for me.
  • F Robin: I don't care of her art and don't have much need for her as a unit. One of the ones I'd send home her copies if not for being the only source of B Tomebreaker. (on the freak chance I find need of it)
  • Ursula: I considered promoting her for a long time and building her all up, but I got a nice Olwen before I got around to it so I'd rather save the feathers.
  • Michalis: I would consider promoting him but he does basically the same role as Beruka would, and I'm intent on building a Beruka one day so I'll keep the feathers.
  • Navarre: Nothing special about him and I don't care about his character enough to bother investing. I just keep his copies in case I want Threaten Spd fodder.
  • Zephiel: I leveled and used his 4* for a while for armor quests, but never felt like investing in him since I can't spare DC fodder for him. I'm glad I never promoted him since I'm perfectly happy with BK and now Arden instead. Don't think he's bad, but I get a lot more out of the other options with much less investment.
  • Lloyd: I hate his art and he offers nothing special. Not like I'm going to waste DC or something on him to be good. I just keep his copies as backup Iceberg fodder.
  • Legion: He's good, but I'm fine on axe units and don't like him enough to use feathers on him. 
  • Clarisse: I like her, but not enough to invest in her when I have B Cordelia and Takumi already that are much better.
  • Berkut: I really wish he was better. If he was I'd probably promote him, but I can't justify it when I have no use for him being such a meh unit. 

In the case of most of them, I keep a spare for arena bonus and GHB repeats, just in case. 

• Narcien: Lancebreaker. I have no other use for pedo dirtbags except maybe a footstool to gloat his defeat and rub it in his face, but even that appeal's grown stale.
  • F!Robin: I... want to use her but her art is offputting so I don't .-. it's a shame she needs so much investment to be decent Dx Otherwise... Tomebreaker fodder I guess .-.
  • Ursula: saving for eventual Death Blow fodder since I can't pull any Kleins.
  • Michalis: keeping the one since I put some skills in him during his arena season; otherwise he's... uh... threaten def fodder, I guess.
  • Navarre: Threaten Speed fodder. ain't good for much else; Selena is more valuable for Repo. 
  • Zeph: Got the one 4*d, the others are Wary Fighter fodder I suppose. 
  • Xander: feathers :| keep the one, I guess. 
  • Lloyd: Iceberg fodder. 
  • Camus: I actually like Camus. Eventually I'll use him, probably.
  • Legion: Want to raise the one eventually, but not much of a priority. Want to give his axe to other units with the spares.
  • Clarisse: gonna give her bow to Virion for a debuffer build. others are.... uh... Poison Strike fodder for Odin and Henry I guess....? (as in: already used them for that)
  • Berkut: weapon fodder like Legion, I guess. Don't know who to give the lance to besides Effie tho. 
  • Valter: Actually the first GHB guy I 5*ed; I'd actually like to eventually merge them all. 
  • Arvis: tryna figure out who to give Def Ploy to. Probably Camilla. 

5* Club:

Ursula- My first unit that i 5*'d was Ursula actually. This was before SI, when i heard about SI someone brought up how strong blade tomes would be with horse emblem buffs. So i decided to get on that horsey early and have her ready to use blarblade+ from the 2nd 5* i made Odin

Xander- Misery loves company and Ursula needed some help doing the horse emblem thing, I don't regret it in the slightest, dude is a beast
Camus- Because why not? I always though he was pretty cool, decided to train him up quite a bit later, I do enjoy using him as well
Arvis- Actually pretty good unit, he helps quite a bit in chain challenges with healing and just general mage tanking.

GHB wishlist:

Valter: All time favorite villains, definitely wanna pick him back up when he comes out
Berkut: wouldn't mind another horsey for the squad, can't say i'd immediately 5* him like i would Valter

Less Honorable mentions:

Lloyd- really excited about his release, super disappointed as soon as i saw his art. Honestly hoped it could be changed... Like seriously Linus be decent, please don't have the same artist or some crap.

Zephiel- LnD 3 fodder

Clarisse- Meh

Legion- Meh Meh Meh

Navarre- No reason to ever use him

Narcian- Got some mild use out of him, he's pretty useless

F Robin- scales were tipped, she's meh

Michalis- Maybe when i build a Flyer emblem team he can take up a spot. unlikely

Edited by Tsak

Camus, Xander, Valter and Arvis I use consistently, the others just sit around doing nothing tbh.

I hang onto them because exclusivity, but that's it.

Edited by Gebby
Spelling error

Mixed really. I use some, others just sit there. I am currently using Arvis, and Camus. But Valter, Legion, and Ursula are just sitting on the bench for now. Berkut was used for inheritance for his lance.