Fire Emblem Heroes Sprite Query

Rezzy

Is there a site or source somewhere that can be used for making chibi type sprites like the kind in Heroes?  Or even a way to mix and match the ones currently in game?

Maybe I could make some for characters like Micaiah, Jill, Nolan, and L'Arachel that aren't in the game yet.

Assuming you don't want to go to the sprite assembly request thread on the Heroes board, I believe this Reddit post has what you're looking for. Find the section that reads:

"CHARACTER ART
To view/download individual character art or sprites, visit >>THIS LINK<<"

Click the bit that says ">>THIS LINK<<" (astonishing, I know), and it should open up a folder structure right in your browser (at least, that's what it does for me). Pick the folder for the character(s) you want and the relevant sprite sheets should be there (looks like they're all named "Body_AllTex.png", with extras like capes in "Options_Tex.png").

You'll need an image editing program to assemble and make modifications. I use GIMP, on the odd times when I feel like putting something together. If you're looking for something that can do the assembly/modifications in-browser...I'm afraid I don't know of anything off the top of my head.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Assuming you don't want to go to the sprite assembly request thread on the Heroes board, I believe this Reddit post has what you're looking for. Find the section that reads:

"CHARACTER ART
To view/download individual character art or sprites, visit >>THIS LINK<<"

Click the bit that says ">>THIS LINK<<" (astonishing, I know), and it should open up a folder structure right in your browser (at least, that's what it does for me). Pick the folder for the character(s) you want and the relevant sprite sheets should be there (looks like they're all named "Body_AllTex.png").

You'll need an image editing program to assemble and make modifications. I use GIMP, on the odd times when I feel like putting something together. If you're looking for something that can do the assembly/modifications in-browser...I'm afraid I don't know of anything off the top of my head.

Thank you, thought about just doing a request, but didn't know how quick that would that would be, and I thought it would be nice to try it for myself.

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thank you, thought about just doing a request, but didn't know how quick that would that would be, and I thought it would be nice to try it for myself.

There's a link to the site with all the Unit Assets somewhere in the request thread, but you'll have to dig it out from the depths of the discussions and requests.

55 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's a certain sense of satisfaction to making your own as well, I've found. Julia and Odin are still living in the spoiler in my signature =P . Good luck in your endeavor!

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

There's a certain sense of satisfaction to making your own as well, I've found. Julia and Odin are still living in the spoiler in my signature =P . Good luck in your endeavor!

I'm downloading GIMP on my laptop now.  I had it on my desktop, but the fan broke there.  It looks like that had the characters I was looking for.  I'll have to find somewhere for new characters, but I can screw around with the ones in game.

One more question: where can I find the weapons?  It looks like they have the units and horses and stuff, but I don't see the weapons.

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm downloading GIMP on my laptop now.  I had it on my desktop, but the fan broke there.  It looks like that had the characters I was looking for.  I'll have to find somewhere for new characters, but I can screw around with the ones in game.

One more question: where can I find the weapons?  It looks like they have the units and horses and stuff, but I don't see the weapons.

I think that one’s in the full collection (the large 2.5GB download at the top of the post). I couldn’t get that one to open in my browser, which is kinda annoying...

Edit: @Rezzy, in case you read this pre-edit...

Looks like this site has the weapons assets (link goes right to the weapons page). It also has most, if not all, some (Edit: I must’ve been looking at the Character Portraits section previously, because there are a lot of character sprite sheets missing...my bad) of the character assets. Last time I visited it was pretty incomplete, so I’m happy to see it’s been updated.

Edited by LordFrigid

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I think that one’s in the full collection (the large 2.5GB download at the top of the post). I couldn’t get that one to open in my browser, which is kinda annoying...

Edit: @Rezzy, in case you read this pre-edit...

Looks like this site has the weapons assets (link goes right to the weapons page). It also has most, if not all, of the character assets. Last time I visited it was pretty incomplete, so I’m happy to see it’s been updated.

Thank you, maybe I can do some spriting this weekend.