Super Mario Odyssey is here!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Dai said:

I would make a case that that wouldn't quite work for Metroid as well.

I'm sure it could work. The series hasn't given us a proper explanation for Samus' suit. But going off of what Other M proposes, Samus just wills it into existence over her body. Surely she could will a certain paint job onto it. And think of how they could give us the ability to unlock all of Samus' suits from previous games! Or other gimmick suits, like one with a Famicom color scheme or one where her arm cannon manifests into the shape of an arwing.

Oh, but I guess since the next game is presumably a first person shooter, that does kind of defeat the purpose of making her wear different things that we don't always see. Not unless they try to make a multiplayer battle mode like they did for Prime 2.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll might get this game at Christmas along with Fire Emblem Warriors and Splatoon 2. I do want to hear Pauline that shares the same voice actress Lissa (Kate Higgins) singing the rest of the song. That's definitely that best song that I have heard for the entire Mario franchise.

So, I do not like the section in the

Dark Side of the Moon

where you have to do a long, running stretch without cappy. I've gone to ONE coin from hundreds thanks to this damn thing.

I'm quite pleased to see the boss situation resolve themselves somewhat. It may have taken till the ''final'' boss but when I fought Bowser I finally could think ''yup, that's a real boss' and the rematches with the old bosses are all a lot better. They still aren't too hard but since they aren't complete cakewalks either I still got some satisfaction from it. 

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Is it just me or do i like just finding all of the purple coins to get the neat outfits and collectables already have all of the stickers just need a few more souvenirs and an outfit here asnd there.

I'm all about these aesthetics. I search for purple coins harder than I search for moons. I also nearly broke down and wanted to look up a guide for those coins in some levels, but haven't yet. 

On 11/13/2017 at 5:44 PM, Glennstavos said:

I'm all about these aesthetics. I search for purple coins harder than I search for moons. I also nearly broke down and wanted to look up a guide for those coins in some levels, but haven't yet. 

I just used my Bowser Smash Amiibo to find the ones that I couldn't find. Some of them are a bit ridiculous.

I beat every single challenge in the game. Some of them are a little insane.

Edit: And now I've 100%ed the game.

Edited by Dai

So i'm currently borrowing my friend's copy of Super Mario Odyssey (he's borrowing my copy of Breath of the Wild in return). My thoughts so far: Super Mario Odyssey is an amazing game. But is it the best 3D Mario game? Mmmmm, i think i need to play a little bit more for me to decide. So far, my one and only complaint is that the bosses feel too easy. I know it's a Mario game and bosses aren't supposed to be hard, but the bosses of 64 and the Galaxy games put up more of a fight.

Anyway, this game is fun and i'm gonna see how much stuff i can get done in Odyssey in the 10 days that remain until Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Edited by Armagon