Sacred Stones Palette Editing

De Geso

I've been trying to edit palettes in FE8 and I'm having some problems, namely that I know there are things that make it more difficult/tedious than FE6 or FE7 but I'm not sure of what specific extra steps I need to take when changing them. I know how to do it for the other two games, and I used BS Palette Assembler for it.

I know it has something to do with Nightmare but I don't know what.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

• 1 month later...

I'd like to second this. I've followed numerous tutorials for FE8, but none of them have worked for me. All I was wanting to do was recolor an Archer and Sniper, but nothing I did stuck. They always ended up using the default blue shirt, green hair palette.

The way that it works in FE8 is more complex for whatever reason. I assume it's because of branching promotions but idk.

Anyways, assuming you've already inserted your palette, you need to open your ROM in Nightmare, along with the two Palette Association Editors. The first one contains what classes that a character can potentially be, and the second one contains all the different palettes that correspond to each class. With Eirika for example, in the first editor you should see Eirika Lord as her base class, and Eirika Master Lord as her first promotion. If you wanted to change her palette for her base class, you'd open up the second editor, select Eirika, and pick your new palette in the dropdown menu for "Base Palette"

Essentially, just make sure that the Class/Palette slots line up between both editors, and it should work out for you.