Is Ryoma really older than corrin?

Narwhy

Spoiler

None of the Hoshidan kids are blood relatives of Corrin or Mikoto. All of the siblings were born and probably not an infant before Corrin came and Mikoto came.

59 minutes ago, Narwhy said:

then who is his mother?

I think it was an unnamed wife before her, but I don't remember really.

Edited by KongDude

What does not make sense is Sakura being younger than Corrin. Like, Corrin was kidnapped as a baby, but Sakura's mother had already been dead when Corrin was kidnapped, which means Sakura was alive when Corrin was a baby.

Edited by Nobody

3 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Sumeragi's first wife, Ikona. She's the mother of all the Hoshidan siblings.

Yes, which means that Sumeragi was two-timing his wife with Mikoto for years before she died.  Mikoto had her killed so she could plot with Garon to assassinate Sumeragi and then steal the rightful throne away from Ryoma.

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

What does not make sense is Sakura being younger than Corrin. Like, Corrin was kidnapped as a baby, but Sakura's mother had already been dead when Corrin was kidnapped, which means Sakura was alive when Corrin was a baby.

The way I assume it is that Corrin was at least 6-10 when he came to Hoshido to when he was kidnapped. They don't give numbers, but my guess is that current Corrin is at least 17-19 and current Sakura is at least 14-15. It's really messed up and confusing but that's the only way I can think of it being true. I'm sure some supports will say no to this.

12 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Yeah, it's weird that Sakura and Takumi are younger than Corrin, but iirc Mikoto was living with Sumeragi's family in Hoshido before Ikona died (and thus before Sumeragi was single) - she had two more children by him, died, and then Sumeragi married Mikoto.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yes, which means that Sumeragi was two-timing his wife with Mikoto for years before she died.  Mikoto had her killed so she could plot with Garon to assassinate Sumeragi and then steal the rightful throne away from Ryoma.

Deepest lore.

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

The way I assume it is that Corrin was at least 6-10 when he came to Hoshido to when he was kidnapped. They don't give numbers, but my guess is that current Corrin is at least 17-19 and current Sakura is at least 14-15. It's really messed up and confusing but that's the only way I can think of it being true. I'm sure some supports will say no to this.

Everything is even further thrown into a loop, because Elise and by extension Sakura are most definitely 18, because we couldn't have a 12 year old being your waifu.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Shhhhhh you're making too much sense of the plot.

Timeline fun time wooooooo

1. Sumeragi and Ikona are married at some point, have Ryoma
  2. Sumeragi and Ikona have Hinoka
  3. At some point, Mikoto visits Hoshido. Sumeragi meets her by a lake and falls in love with her immediately, and Mikoto returns to Valla
  4. Mikoto meets and falls in love with Human Anankos and they have Corrin, Anankos helps them escape to Hoshido to protect them from Dragon Anankos (while Arete and Azura end up in Nohr)
  5. Sumeragi decides to take in Mikoto and Corrin, while pretending that Corrin is his biological child
  6. Sumeragi and Ikona have Takumi
  7. Sumeragi and Ikona have Sakura
  8. Ikona dies
  9. Sumeragi and Mikoto marry

Honestly it wouldn't be too convoluted if the game clearly explained the timeline, but here's the gist of it.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

It's Fire Emblen what are you talking about.

If you assume Elise and Sakura are both 18, that moves everyone else's ages up and muddies the timeline.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

If you assume Elise and Sakura are both 18, that moves everyone else's ages up and muddies the timeline.

I'm not convinced that those two would be older than Alm and Celica (the two of who's ages I actually remember  of ones actually listed). I meant that Fire Emblem Fates doesn't really give a damn and you can go ahead and just marry whatever you want. That's a pretty nice rock over there...

Edited by KongDude

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

I'm not convinced that those two would be older than Alm and Celica (the two of who's ages I actually remember  of ones actually listed). I meant that Fire Emblem Fates doesn't really give a damn and you can go ahead and just marry whatever you want. That's a pretty nice rock over there...

Alm and Celica can't have babies yet, though.  And in Awakening, they can let you think the younger units wait until they become of age to consummate their S Support, but in Fates, they get the D right away and have a baby, which doesn't sound good with a 12 year old.

2 minutes ago, BBM said:

I think what he means is, "what exactly about the FE series has made you think that they care about Elise/Sakura not being 18?"

Nintendo/the censors/the localization team cares, since they go out of their way to say Elise is an "adult".

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Alm and Celica can't have babies yet, though.  And in Awakening, they can let you think the younger units wait until they become of age to consummate their S Support, but in Fates, they get the D right away and have a baby, which doesn't sound good with a 12 year old.

Nintendo/the censors/the localization team cares, since they go out of their way to say Elise is an "adult".

Eh, I mean the game gives you children like Percy and Midori as options. Even old people like Gunter and Yukimura.

I'd still say Sakura and Elise are around 14-16 but if it's to make things moral, I guess.

Edit: I don't mean that line in a weird way.

Edited by KongDude

yeah the localization team probably does, which is why they throw in lines about them being adults, but they can't change the entire plot and timeline of things. The original writers either didn't consider or didn't care about the impact of Elise and Sakura's age on their viability as sexual partners. Elise and Sakura are probably something like 14-15.

Edited by BBM

Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped according to their supports, and she's close to Sakura in age.  So the timeframe between Sakura's birth, Ikona's death, Sumeragi officially making Mikoto more than just a concubine, and Corrin being kidnapped would have to be really short.  

This is probably the thing that confuses me the most, really.

7 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped according to their supports, and she's close to Sakura in age.  So the timeframe between Sakura's birth, Ikona's death, Sumeragi officially making Mikoto more than just a concubine, and Corrin being kidnapped would have to be really short.  

I don't know how Mikoto managed to become the sovereign queen when she was just the former king's side squeeze and not even the mother of any of his children, and also why Ryoma hasn't claimed his rightful crown in all the years since.

31 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Sumeragi acknowledges that his time with Mikoto was "so brief" so the timeframe is probably supposed to be short, or at least the writers know how short it was.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know how Mikoto managed to become the sovereign queen when she was just the former king's side squeeze and not even the mother of any of his children, and also why Ryoma hasn't claimed his rightful crown in all the years since.

Welllll after Sumeragi died, Mikoto fought a brief civil war with rebel daimyo. This angel drew her yumi and shot the daimyo down quickly. During this, she said she was doing this as the regent of the too young to rule Ryoma. Having accrued some experience in Hoshidan politics and culture and understanding the people during her concubinage, Mikoto was able to shore up her control quickly, it helps that as a Vallite princess governance and politics were in her past experiences.

As for Ryoma not becoming King of Hoshido. Ryoma likes Mikoto, and acknowledges her rule to be a good one. So why rock the boat? He has over the years become co-ruler with her, in the inferior position, but nonetheless a co-ruler. He might not be able invoke all the trappings of kingship, but close to it. Mikoto for her part takes the burden off Ryoma's shoulders so he can spend more time maturing into a better ruler.

....Or so went my Fates rewrite.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Welllll after Sumeragi died, Mikoto fought a brief civil war with rebel daimyo. This angel drew her yumi and shot the daimyo down quickly. During this, she said she was doing this as the regent of the too young to rule Ryoma. Having accrued some experience in Hoshidan politics and culture and understanding the people during her concubinage, Mikoto was able to shore up her control quickly, it helps that as a Vallite princess governance and politics were in her past experiences.

As for Ryoma not becoming King of Hoshido. Ryoma likes Mikoto, and acknowledges her rule to be a good one. So why rock the boat? He has over the years become co-ruler with her, in the inferior position, but nonetheless a co-ruler. He might not be able invoke all the trappings of kingship, but close to it. Mikoto for her part takes the burden off Ryoma's shoulders so he can spend more time maturing into a better ruler.

....Or so went my Fates rewrite.

Ryoma demonstrates that he is a horrible ruler anyway, in Birthright.  His first act as king is to disappear on some espionage mission that he could have left to his ninjas while his kingdom panicked about losing their new king, and if the story had made any sense, Nohr would have taken that opportunity to march on the capital.