Ivy's (mostly) FE Art *I made a video!*

DarkLordIvy

I've been slowly amassing a fair bit of Fire Emblem related art the past few months I've been hanging out here, so I figured I might as well post some here.

If you want to see more of my non-Fire Emblem related stuff its floating around my deviantart mostly, and in my art tag on tumblr.

Suggestions: Yes Please | No Thanks
(Please keep suggestions Fire Emblem related, and don't be mad if I don't take your suggestion)

Smaller Stuff:

Spoiler

the_last_hurra_by_darklordivy-dbrg4qc.pn
nils_by_darklordivy-dbs5ts3.pngtumblr_othnv9O5hK1r6nffdo1_500.png
DLZf_LdVwAAhm6x.jpg:largeI am recently back from being out of the country for a month and this is how I have chosen to get back into the swing of digital art. This is how I visualize what goes on in my game of Heroes. I shower Soren with love in the form of using him for...

Some big stuff(digital):

Spoiler

boeeeeeey__by_darklordivy-db9byal.pngseliph_by_darklordivy-dbavl7n.pngena_by_darklordivy-dbm3ja8.pngikesoren_by_darklordivy-dbaofhu.png

Other big stuff (traditional):

Spoiler

tumblr_ox7zmm3e9z1r6nffdo1_1280.jpgC3ZLk62VcAAyAvq.jpg:largetumblr_oxbok2r8EM1r6nffdo1_1280.jpgtumblr_oxfdjt0RGN1r6nffdo1_1280.jpgtumblr_orv8b5lE0G1r6nffdo1_1280.jpgC7ogJCpVUAAIC-_.jpg:large

And one non-FE thing I'm particularly happy with at the moment:

Spoiler

riiikkiiii_by_darklordivy-dbs1gge.png

This is my mascot thing Rikki. She's a noodle dog with horns and a weird tail. This is also the first picture I did on my new laptop, exciting stuff.

New Thing

Edited by DarkLordIvy

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm always a fan of Soren and Ike pics!

I really like that Ena.  You don't see too much of her.  It looks nice.

Well I will probably be making more Soren and Ike content in the near future so stay tuned!

Thank you! I really want to draw Ena more, because you really don't see her very often and that is a crime.

2 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Well I will probably be making more Soren and Ike content in the near future so stay tuned!

Thank you! I really want to draw Ena more, because you really don't see her very often and that is a crime.

Maybe Soren and Aunt Ena?  Or whole big dragon family.  That's a lot of work.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Maybe Soren and Aunt Ena?  Or whole big dragon family.  That's a lot of work.

Oooo that's a good idea! Whole dragon family I think is a bit ambitious for me at the moment, but dang that would be fun to try at some point.

I have continued doing a whole bunch of FE art. A lot of it is Soren.

what_a_aday_by_darklordivy-dbtoq1y.pngsoorn_by_darklordivy-dbtoq23.pngtiny_forsyth_by_darklordivy-dbtoq21.jpgsooren_by_darklordivy-dbtm8lw.png

I've also started using the voice clips from Heroes to practice lip-sync animation.

I have another one in the works but it ended up taking on a life of its own in terms of complexity and is not finished.

And finally, @Rezzy I'm workin' on a nice big one of Soren and Ena bonding over tactician stuff!

stratigest_dragons_wip_by_darklordivy-db

5 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I have continued doing a whole bunch of FE art. A lot of it is Soren.

what_a_aday_by_darklordivy-dbtoq1y.pngsoorn_by_darklordivy-dbtoq23.pngtiny_forsyth_by_darklordivy-dbtoq21.jpgsooren_by_darklordivy-dbtm8lw.png

I've also started using the voice clips from Heroes to practice lip-sync animation.

I have another one in the works but it ended up taking on a life of its own in terms of complexity and is not finished.

And finally, @Rezzy I'm workin' on a nice big one of Soren and Ena bonding over tactician stuff!

stratigest_dragons_wip_by_darklordivy-db

Cool, thanks.  I look forward to color, if you have the time.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, thanks.  I look forward to color, if you have the time.

Oh I’m definitely going to be coloring it, shade it, the works. Background is probably going to kill me but I accept the challenge. 

3 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Oh I’m definitely going to be coloring it, shade it, the works. Background is probably going to kill me but I accept the challenge. 

Love it!

One thing I noticed: Soren has polydactyly.  He's got an extra finger medial to his pinky.

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

His left hand, the one's that pointing.  The index finger, then 4 curled.

Oh dang you’re right! I completely missed that somehow! I will be sure to fix that, thanks for pointing it out!

24 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Oh dang you’re right! I completely missed that somehow! I will be sure to fix that, thanks for pointing it out!

Don't worry, I made my Camilla's foot backwards last year.  (Or was it Lyn?)

13 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

strategy_by_darklordivy-dbudhhu.png

@Rezzy Hands and feet are way harder to draw than they have any right to be. :/
In other news though I finished it!

Thanks, it looks great!

You're right, and it's odd that something that seems so simple is so hard to draw.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, it looks great!

You're right, and it's odd that something that seems so simple is so hard to draw.

Thank you for suggesting those two together! Glad you like how it came out. :)

Hands and feet are the enemy of the average artist. 

• 1 month later...

I'm working on a PMV based on Ike's RD ending, so here's a work in progress.

Oh yeah I forgot to put this here, I participated in a FE themed Secret Santa and I made this for my person:

Lucina by DarkLordIvy

Edited by DarkLordIvy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Couple more new things.

One Marth with sparkly hair.MaaaaaaAAAArrrrrs_no_text.png

One wolf man.
image.jpg

Shinon for a friends birthday.
shinon_for_save.png 

A Soren bust for painting practice.
xdjhgfd.png

I need to branch out a bit from right facing 3/4th pictures lol.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

theres never a bad time for ikesoren <w<

btw in the video i liked in the video when ike and soren are just skidding across the floor hehe like i know its hard to animate walking but it was kinda funny

haha agreed!

The video isn't meant to be an actual animation, but I was laughing to myself about possible comparisons with some of the infamous CG Berserk scenes lol