My favorite cutscene in FE:W (Spoilers)

Jedi

I feel kinda dumb to have not gotten the "how dumb are you Darios" bit. but seeing it a third time finally makes me understand how dumb it was XD

Yea. that is a pretty good cutscene.

12 minutes ago, Florete said:

I think this is the one bit of really clever writing in the story. I approve.

Not really. See, any decently cunning villain that manipulates others like Darios had done would know to make EVERYONE there drop their weapons, not just the leaders. And when they dropped it, would have soldiers surround them to incapacitate them. Neither of these happened, so yes, I would say that Takumi's remark is perfect.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not really. See, any decently cunning villain that manipulates others like Darios had done would know to make EVERYONE there drop their weapons, not just the leaders. And when they dropped it, would have soldiers surround them to incapacitate them. Neither of these happened, so yes, I would say that Takumi's remark is perfect.

I was talking about their reaction to Darios, not what Darios himself did.

That's my favorite cutscene too. My first reaction was "oh no, not this again". I wasn't very impressed with the story or writing up to that point, and I was fully expecting the heroes to give up and go along with it like I've seen heroes do a hundred times before.

Then Takumi stepped in. I've never liked the guy as much as I did in that one moment.

46 minutes ago, Florete said:

I was talking about their reaction to Darios, not what Darios himself did.

Ah, okay. XD 

My bad then. 

41 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Then Takumi stepped in. I've never liked the guy as much as I did in that one moment.

Takumi's skepticism finally pulls through. XD

IKR? Wasn't he supposed to be well versed in combat and strategy? Like, I remember Lianna referring to him as a tutor... and then he does this.

37 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

IKR? Wasn't he supposed to be well versed in combat and strategy? Like, I remember Lianna referring to him as a tutor... and then he does this.

You know what, I think I'll just headcanon that Darios convinced the dragon possessing him to attack after the twin fangs of the Divine Dragon were put down, ignoring the rest, just to make the dragon himself lower the guard, while Darios himself counted on someone stopping him from this obvious blunder.

51 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I haven't finished the story yet, but isn't it

Hide contents

Not actually Darios?

I just finished it like 5 minutes ago, and it doesn't really get talked about? I'm trying to remember because I believe Lianna wants to study with him at the beginning before everything went bad.

17 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You know what, I think I'll just headcanon that Darios convinced the dragon possessing him to attack after the twin fangs of the Divine Dragon were put down, ignoring the rest, just to make the dragon himself lower the guard, while Darios himself counted on someone stopping him from this obvious blunder.

Maybe? idk the extent of how clever Darios is.

6 hours ago, KongDude said:

I haven't finished the story yet, but isn't it

Hide contents

Not actually Darios?

It kinda is and isn't.

Spoiler

He's possessed, but it's kinda like Conquest Takumi in that he's still got remnants of his personality and intellect (or lack thereof) in there rather than being completely replaced with someone else. He's not any more or less intelligent than his normal self, so this moment of stupidity is still on him.

9 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

It kinda is and isn't.

Reveal hidden contents

He's possessed, but it's kinda like Conquest Takumi in that he's still got remnants of his personality and intellect (or lack thereof) in there rather than being completely replaced with someone else. He's not any more or less intelligent than his normal self, so this moment of stupidity is still on him.

Spoiler

Im still kind of convinced that he was still in some kind of control, considering how he took back control mid fight with him. He may have overlooked it on purpose.