On 10/31/2017 at 10:26 AM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

So, about Soren. I know lots of people love Soren as a character and to many he's even considered the best character in Radiant Dawn. What I wanna know is... WHY? I personally really dislike Soren, he's my least favorite character in Radiant Dawn and has been since my first playthrough, so I want to know why everyone seems to love him so much. If you don't love him then feel free to share that too!

Also please be respectful of other people's opinions. I don't want a fight, just a calm discussion and reasons why. Thank you! :)

Even Micaiah says to Soren that we're very much alike and Soren didn't disagree with this notion. So how can you hate one but love the other? 

Spoiler

Micaiah vs Soren

Soren: Our last battle, in the valley. Was that your strategy?
Micaiah: …
Soren: That was impressive. You killed thousands of beorc soldiers with your little ambush. Well done.
Micaiah: I…
Soren: The Maiden of Dawn… What are you? One of the Branded, that’s for sure. But there is something else about you… Power. Yes, I can feel it in you. You possess great power.
Micaiah: Yes, and you would know. There’s something very different about you, too. Your energy feels so…ancient. You and I seem to have so much in common.
Soren: That doesn’t matter in the slightest. The only thing that does matter is that you are a dangerous adversary. You are also in Ike’s path, so it falls to me to remove you. It’s almost a shame. Farewell, Maiden of Dawn.
Micaiah: So, you fight for someone, as well. So very much alike… But I will defeat you. I will protect the ones I love!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having much in common =/= being "very much alike", especially when Miccy and Soren are talking about their powers as Branded. They see the world differently (Micaiah is way more idealistic), Soren is way more brusque when interacting with non-Ike people, Micaiah is a lot more compassionate (Soren might have saved the prisoners in the swamp, too, but only because Ike would have insisted), Micaiah is quite patriotic while Soren couldn't care less about Crimea as a country, despite both having a single person that is most precious to them, Soren is much more fixated on Ike than Micaiah is on Sothe (yes, there's the Tibarn scene, but that doesn't come close to how basically everything Soren does is for Ike's sake)...