7 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Because Edain had a secret love affair with Lex.

Or Sigurd.

I mean he may have gotten lonely when Deirdre was kidnapped

Just now, Azz said:

Or Sigurd.

Nah, Lester must have picked up that slicked-back greaser hair from someone.

If he had a massive pomp I'd agree.

I have two out-of-universe theories:

1) Lester was designed as a son/nephew of Lex and repurposed.

2) The designers decided there were way too many blond Gen 2 characters.

In-universe, either one of Edain's parents had blue hair (maybe her mother, since Ullir was blonde) had blue hair, or Edain/Midir is canon and somehow in FE hair green + yellow = blue.

Secret love affair with Lex. Before Midir/Jamka got with Edain, her and Lex had a very brief fling. Then she pinned the pregnancy on her new boo. She wouldn't be the first Lachesis, maybe Sylvia

55 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Because Japs don't fully distinguish between green and blue.

I might be a little overly cautious, but do try to spell out "Japanese" in the future. Use the abbreviation in the wrong place, and you'll be accused of using a racial slur. Just a tip.

57 minutes ago, Just call me AL said:

Or Sigurd.

Well they are childhood friends. And FE4 begins with Sigurd having to rescue Edain. Mayhap he thought she owed him a favor? 

1 hour ago, Fëanen said:

2) The designers decided there were way too many blond Gen 2 characters.

They have too many blondes in both Gens. Beowolf and Chulainn anyone? I hope they make one of them another hair color in 4 Remake, probably Chulainn since otherwise they might have to tweak Fergus. And then we also get Dew, Claud, and Naoise. 5 blonde boys. That is one more than the 2nd Gen. 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They have too many blondes in both Gens. Beowolf and Chulainn anyone? I hope they make one of them another hair color in 4 Remake, probably Chulainn since otherwise they might have to tweak Fergus. And then we also get Dew, Claud, and Naoise. 5 blonde boys. That is one more than the 2nd Gen. 

Chulainn should get something like Sumia's hair color, imo. A light brown- since most of his family line has black, darker hair, and a light brown isn't too far off.

We also have too many greenies, Maybe make Alec's like Stahl's or straight up black?

midir/aideen is canon. midir has green hair. aideen has yellow hair. green+yellow makes blue mixed together. therefore lester has blue hair. ez

It's one thing that was bothering me. Won't be surspised if Dimna and Lester's designs got switched around mid-production. I mean, Kaga headcannoned Jamke as Adean's husband and Dimna looks more similar to Jamke than Lester.