FE:W save data grants bonuses to other Switch Musou games

Jedi

So those of you who haven't played Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires,  Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada or Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on other platforms will be getting bonuses if you get the games while having FE:W save data.

Cool feature given the onslaught of switch ports coming by the end of the year. However, as far as we know, FE Warriors is the only Warriors game released or planned to be released on the system internationally. So don't expect this feature to pay off just yet unless you plan to indulge anyway.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Cool feature given the onslaught of switch ports coming by the end of the year. However, as far as we know, FE Warriors is the only Warriors game released or planned to be released on the system internationally. So don't expect this feature to pay off just yet unless you plan to indulge anyway.

Considering the 3 games are localized on other consoles, it seems like it'd be easy to just do it for Switch too.

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

This game has gotten me interested in trying out more Warriors. If I can only get one of these, which should I get?

I can't speak for Samurai Warriors Sanada, but Dynasty Warriors 8 is one of the best, most feature complete games in the genre.

Warriors Orochi 3 has a huge roster, but I found myself enjoying the story and missions significantly less. It's still worth a purchase, but your mileage may vary.

52 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I can't speak for Samurai Warriors Sanada, but Dynasty Warriors 8 is one of the best, most feature complete games in the genre.

Warriors Orochi 3 has a huge roster, but I found myself enjoying the story and missions significantly less. It's still worth a purchase, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks. I guess I might check out DW8 whenever it comes out then.

33 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Word of advice though. If you look for other Musuo games on the Switch, avoid Fate Extella the Umbral Star (another Musuo game already on the Switch not made by Koei Tecmo). It is not worth the asking price at all, and I'd go as far as to call it one of the worst games in the genre.

Small roster. Terrible, cringey story that doesn't represent the source material. Some of the worst stage artwork I've ever seen. It's a difficult game to visually read, as the neon backgrounds make it difficult to keep up with fights and locate chests and other items. And worst of all, the game never stops pestering you with enemy reinforcements and time pressure.

Edited by Etheus

If I wanted to play DW8, would it be beneficial to play the others first? Or is it not necessary?

Still trying to track down Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii simply because the characters charmed me in Pokemon Conquest, especially Hanbei, Yukimura and Masamune.

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

If I wanted to play DW8, would it be beneficial to play the others first? Or is it not necessary?

Still trying to track down Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii simply because the characters charmed me in Pokemon Conquest, especially Hanbei, Yukimura and Masamune.

No. Dynasty Warriors games, by necessity (as they are based on Romance of the 3 Kingdoms) retrace the same story. DW8 just happens to more or less have the complete overview of the story.

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

It's Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, though. Empires is a more-open ended, kingdom sim-lite version of DW without any of the overarching plot or overall gameplay set up of others in the series (on top of, IMO, having some halfbaked aspects). SW Spirit of Sanada, from what I've heard, is a funky merging of mainline and Empires style gameplay.

So from personal experience, I'd say Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. You've got a story mode that will keep you busy for 40-50 hours alone, plus a gauntlet mode and other stuff. Also, it has over 150 characters (a lot of clones on the DW side, but they only really share weapons and basic attack strings) and a 3-person tag team system.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

It's Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, though. Empires is a more-open ended, kingdom sim-lite version of DW without any of the overarching plot or overall gameplay set up of others in the series (on top of, IMO, having some halfbaked aspects). SW Spirit of Sanada, from what I've heard, is a funky merging of mainline and Empires style gameplay.

So from personal experience, I'd say Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. You've got a story mode that will keep you busy for 40-50 hours alone, plus a gauntlet mode and other stuff. Also, it has over 150 characters (a lot of clones on the DW side, but they only really share weapons and basic attack strings) and a 3-person tag team system.

Oh, really. That's unfortunate. I assumed it would be more similar to the fantastic Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends.

In that case, out of the 3, I would also recommend Warriors Orochi 3. The massive roster and long campaign make it a good value for money.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

I wonder if orochi 3 will actually have some english diolauge in the game, It probably wont if it will just be a port. but i can hope.

Nah it'll just be a port.

7 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Spirit of Sanada is closer to a mainline game. It has some elements of resource gathering, but you're still progressing through a main story (although it's entirely focused on Yukimura and his father rather than multiple factions like usually for Samurai Warriors - every character is still playable though) rather than mostly advancing through storyless gameplay systems like in Empires.

Anyway, I wonder if they could get a Nintendo collaboration again. Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 had costumes to make the avatar character look like HW Link or Zelda, but for some reason those were dropped from the localized version.

Edited by NeonZ