Favorite and Despised characters in the Fire Emblem series.

Favorite Heroes: Ike (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.) and Lucina. (Awakening.)

Favorite Villain: King Zephiel. (Binding Blade.)

Despised Hero: Kris (New Mystery of the Emblem.)

Despised Villains: Iago and Hans. (Fates.)

What are some of your favorite and despised heroes and villains in the Fire Emblem series?

Edited by TheXGamer

Favourite Hero: Eliwood (Blazing Sword)

Favourite Villans: Alvis (Geneology of the Holy War) and Zephiel (Binding Blade)

Despised Heroes: Azama and Setsuna (Fates)

Dispised Villan: Garon (Fates)

Edited by Metal Flash

Favourite Hero: Kent (Blazing Sword)

Favourite Villain: Lehran (Radiant Dawn)

Despised Hero: Est (Far too many)

Despised Villain: The Begnion senators and Crimean nobles from Radiant Dawn (don't remember their names - don't want to). I'll add Izuka to this, too.

Edited by Cute Chao

Favorite Heroes: Alm (Gaiden/SoV), Roy (Binding Blade), Owain/Odin (Awakening/Fates), Azura (Fates), there's actually too many to keep listing

Favorite Villains: Zephiel (Binding Blade), Lyon (Sacred Stones), Walhart (Awakenning), Berkut (SoV)

Despised Heroes: Sigurd (Genealogy of the Holy War), Tharja (Awakening), Rhajat (Fates), Peri (Fates)

Despised Villains: Garon, Iago, Hans, Anankos (Fates), Manfroy (Genealogy of the Holy war, mainly because he straight up gave the win to Seliph and friends. At least he's well written.)

Edited by Armagon

Oh boy! How to narrow this down?

Favourite Hero- Ike. I like how he speaks his mind, does what needs doing and in RD is an experienced mercenary and veteran warrior.

Hated Hero (there are a couple that I can think of but)- Corrin. Some of Corrin's character traits like his lack of leadership, tactics and military training makes no sense for a prince of Nohr. He would have been trained in all of those areas so the fact that he lacks training in those fields makes no sense. There are other reasons beyond these but let's leave it there.

Favourite Villain - King Ashnard. I like warrior and conqueror villains in general but there's something about Ashnard that I love. (it's probably because he's riding on a wyver)

Hated Villain- Valtome though Iago comes close I despised him so much that instead of killing him, I had Tibarn punch him. Valtome got FALCON PUNCHED!

Honorable mentions: Hector, Lex, Boyd, Sigurd, Atlas, Dart, Ogma, Minerva, Benny, Titania, Boyd, Harr, Jill, Heath Michaleas (I absolutely LOVE this guy's design) Walhart, Rudolph, Zephiel. 

Dishonorable mentions- Kriss, (steals the spotlight from Marth) Chrom (needs advice from Frederick and Robin for everything), Owain (the guy's a lunatic and an idiot) Micaiah (she's kind of mixed for me as a character and design wise I like her but as a protagonist and lead unit absolutely not she should not be the lord or leading the DB), Iago, Takumi, Ryoma, Excellus, Zola (seriously why couldn't I kill this guy on the spot? He reminds me of the Joker and I HATE that guy and anybody that reminds me of him)

Uh... so by "hero", you mean playable character, right?  Gonna go for eight max for each.

Favorite Heroes: 'Boro, Memekumi, Female Marth, Hector Lector, Minerve, Catria, Dwight Eisenhower, Leonardo the Tomato Prince

Favorite Dastards: Hardin, Walhart, Gharnef, Reese/Clarisse (they count, right?), Rudolf the Red-Nosed Tyrant

Not-so-favorite Heroes: Corrin, Kris...  They're honestly the only ones I really truly dislike because while most playable characters can be ignored (at least to some extent), the avatars can't because they're omni-present and their stories effectively revolve around them.  So they wind up really stinking up the stories they're in.

Dastardly Dastards: The King Garon Crew, Validar, literally every villain in Echoes aside from Rudolf and Greith (special mentions to Franz Fernand and Ber-bad-hair-kut)

Favorite Hero: Ophelia (Absolutely adorable, it's just a shame for Fates' Dark Mage outfit and how the children units work. Still my favorite despite that.)

Runner-Ups: L'Arachel, Owain, Nyx, Nowi, SumiaFarina, Astrid, Kieran

Favorite Villain: Berkut (Not the most amazing villain ever, but everything about him is nailed down very well. I guess I just love the voice acting too much, huh?), Zola (The only villain in Fates with a form of a character that isn't, "kill everything and obey Garon." Still not the best ever, but I just kinda like him. As a plus, he makes puns. Well, a plus for me, anyways.)

Despised Hero: Azama (Just a massive prick who give no good reason for it, not that there could be one.)

Despised Villain: Validar, Iago, Hans (Just really boring without any substance to them.)

Huh. I'd never thought about this really before. Eh, let's give it a go.

Favorite Playable would probably have to be…depends on what we're looking at, actually. I like Owain because his gimmick is probably the greatest thing to ever happen in all of Fire Emblem(seriously, I never don't get a laugh out of that guy), the Whitewings and Cordelia make up between half and a third of my Waifu List(don't pretend you don't have an equivalent list, people), Stahl reminds me most of myself and is overall just a likable guy, Henry is hilarious, Kagero's a Ninja who manages to be ninja-y despite wearing bright yellow as her color, the list goes on.

Now to answer the actual first question. Favorite Hero…I'm going to go with Al, actually - the attitude of "We'll never know unless we try" has kind of always appealed to me. My opinion of the kid did go down once I realized his hair was blue, though.

Favorite Villain…can I say Nichol? I really like Nichol. No? Eh, then Narcian. I got him in Heroes, was like "Wonder why people like him" then tapped him, heard "My talents are legion, my ability unparalleled." and knew I was going to like this guy. Plus Wyverns. Wyverns are always cool. Except in Sacred Stones. Whoever designed Sacred Stones Wyverns needs to be Sacred Stoned. I don't know if they're like that in Blazing Sword or Binding Blade, I never paid enough attention to them there, but if they're like that there then screw those too.

Least Favorite Playable would pretty much have to be either Virion or Ricken - both of them got on my nerves the second they joined, and managed to consistently underperform for me in a game where literally everyone can be broken as crap. Ricken brings nothing Miriel didn't already do besides an Elwind Tome that I gave to better Miriel AKA Robin, Virion was outperformed by every other Archer I tried, so Stahl, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Anna, and Morgan, and I never needed him for anything Robin couldn't do with a Wind Tome better. I also didn't like Marth, but that was in Melee so I don't think that counts. Oh, and then there's Forrest and Niles - they got on my nerves at least as much as Ricken and Virion.

Least Favorite Villain is actually Grima. Literally no reason behind wanting to blow us all up, it just does. Not even a reference about it being revenge for the past, or…anything, really.

Edited by SoulWeaver
Forgot someone

Favourite Heroes: Marth and Roy for Lords. Xane, Tiki, Caeda the entire playable Archanean cast minus Kris, Ranulf, Reyson, Leanne, Tibarn, Naesala, Henry, Kaze, the Nohrian royals, Rinkah, Tobin.

Favourite Villains: Berkut like goddamn boy, Hardin, Michalis, Camus, Ashnard was pretty damn cool, Gangrel, Grima!Robin. Shout out to Rudolf.

Least favourite Heroes: Ike and Corrin for Lords. Cordelia, Takumi, Ryoma, Hana, Hinata, Soren, Subaki, Leon.

Least favourite Villains: Black Knight and Sephiran. I couldn't get behind their motives, the whole reveal let them down, so on so forth. Really nice designs though. Iago and Hans can rot though.

Lets see here...

Favorite Heroes: Micaiah, Ike, Lucina, and Elincia but my favorite is Micaiah

Favorite Villains: Ashnard, Black Knight, Dheginsea... all the others just seem to sorta fade into the background in terms of being "good" villains

Least Favorite Hero: Soren, seriously I hate him. Male Corrin. Azama. Takumi

Least Favorite Villain: Hans. Garon. Validar. Lekain. I would put Valtome here but he's too entertaining

I'll do 4 for each. 

Favourite heroes: Ike, Lyn, Elincia, Lewyn

Favourite villains: Zephiel, Arvis, Eldigan (does he count?), Travant

Despised heroes: Xander, Peri, Corrin, Chrom (just dislike is more accurate for him)

Despised villains: Validar, Iago, Grima, Anankos

4 each so I don't drag on

Favorite Heroes: Micaiah, Lyn, Roy, Elincia

Favorite Villains: Black Knight, Arvis, Iduun, Berkut

Despised Heroes: Hector, Ephraim, Kris, Raven

Despised villains: Nergal, Hans, Garon, Validar

Hmm...

Favorite Heroes: Micaiah (<3), Sophia, Nino

Favorite Villains: Ishtar, Reinhardt, Arvis, Black Knight

Despised Heroes: I'm not sure actually... my feels are a bit weird with characters I originally though I must hate.

Despised Villains: Lekain (he is a bastard), Valtome (he is so... he), Numida (he is a mini bastard), Iago (he is so plain).

Favorite lords: Alm and Hector

Favorite villains: Arvis for being one of the more complex villains and Nergal for being one of the more personal ones. 

Least favorite heroes: Corrin and Peri for the obvious reasons and Hana and Shinon for being scumbags.

Least favorite villains: Garon for being a total trainwreck, Gharnef and Medues for being dull and Michallis for being a scumbag with a happy ending he didn't deserve. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Favorite Heroes: Roy, Alm and Micaiah

Favorite Villains: Gangrel, Idun, and Narcian

Least Favorite Heroes: Peri, story!Xander and Ike

Least Favorite Villains: Garon, Iago, Hans, Berkut and Fernand

I'm only gonna be focusing on main characters and main villains cause other wise these lists would be too long. Also 3 each.

Favourite Hero: Marth, Leif, Elincia

I love Marth and Leif pretty much for the same reasons. They really grow throughout their games and they learn as the see more of the world around them. It helps they both appear in multiple games to show their growths, especially in Leif's case. As for Elincia, I love her. I know some don't look at her as a MC, but I put her up there with Ike and Miccy as one of Tellius' MCs. I think she is amazing and her growth from the meek princess in PoR to the just queen who is willing to let her best friend, practically her sister die, for the better of her kingdom, it's just amazing.

Favourite Villain: Hardin, Arvis, Lyon

I like all these guys because of how tragic they are. Hardin was in love and wanted a better Archanea. However, when his heart was broken he allowed Gharnef to get to him and he became a monster. Arvis, like Hardin, just wanted a better Jugdral however he didn't want his dark side to be exposed and because of this, he foolishly trusted they very people who would abuse this side of him. As for Lyon, again, he wanted to better his country but ended up paying the price.

Despised Hero: Ike, Kris, Corrin

I don't really hate Ike, I just needed a third person to go here and I was out of options. But pretty much I find Ike boring and I really don't see how him beng a commoner makes him any more relateble. If anything, I find him the least relateable, especially considering he is apparantly the 'strongest' hero. As for Kris and Corrin, this are pretty self explanatory. I hate Corrin less then Kris however since Warriors made me like her just a bit more and at least you can laugh at her and how stupid she acts. As for Kris, I hate his guts, he should never existed, he didn't need to exist since Katarina could have easily played his role without being an avatar. I mean, she is even pushed more as the NMotE rep then Kris. I just really hate Kris. Doesn't help the og Mystery of the Emblem is the better game either, IMO.

Despised Villain: Garon, Hans, Iago

Self explanatory.

Favorite Main Heroes: Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Elincia (Even though she wasn't considered a lord, she's a princess with major relevance)

Favorite Villains: Berkut, Arvis, Zephiel, Nergal, Lyon

Disliked Main Heroes: Corrin Sue, Xander, Kris Sue, Roy the Bland (Hope that promised Binding Blade Remake redeems him)

Disliked Villains: Fernand, Most of the villains in Awakening and especially Fates

Edited by Doodlebug Four
forgot add in Xander

Favorite Heroes: Ike, Finn, Saber, Eliwood, Gregor, Seliph, Cain 

Favorite Villains: The Black Knight, Arvis, Julius, and Zephiel 

Hated Heroes: Corrin(Self insert) 

Hated Villains: Anankos(Worst cop out and just example of writing in all of FE history) 

Favourite Hero: I'm assuming by hero you mean, favourite characters from the series and not only the Main characters/Lords.

Doing 5 each, otherwise I might end up writting the entire Tellius cast.

Ike, Soren, Hector, Takumi and Tibarn.

favourite villain: 

Black knight, Sephiran, Dheginsea (Only because he was the HARDEST freaking boss in Fe), Ashnard and Lyon/Michalis.

Disliked Characters: There are characters I don't care about but not entirely hate...I guess Tharja, Nowi, Corrin and Chrom.

Disliked villains: Begnion Senates, they are despicable.

Every villain from Awakening and Fates but I dislike them only because they are terrible villains.

Edited by Skylorella Con

• favorite protagonists: Leif, Micaiah
  • favorite side characters: Jill, Haar, Asvel, Lute
  • favorite villains: Arvis, Arion, Ceallach, Ashnard, Jarod, Zelgius
  • least favorite protagonists: all the avatars, FE10 Ike
  • least favorite side characters: Marisa, Nowi, Azama
  • least favorite villains: Manfroy, Lekain, Izuka, Aversa, Validar, Iago, Hans, Garondork
Edited by Byakuren Hijiri

I'll split it up a little. 

Favorite main character: Ike. His dialogue is just far and away better than any other lord in the series. A little less so in RD, but still rather likable. HM for Hector and Lyn. 

Favorite non-main character: Legault. Love him as a character, his extra story elements get me in the right ways too. HM for Tanith, the only mean playable pegasus knight, love her dialogue.

Favorite villain: Black Knight. I'm a simple man. I don't apologize for this. HM to Lloyd, Valter and Brunya(Brunja?). Brunya especially was a close second. 

Least favorite main character, besides Corrin, Kris and Robin(in that order): Eliwood/Eirika. Now, I don't actually dislike these two, but they always kind of felt like copy-pastes of Marth's to me. Just a little boring, not unlikable by any means.

Least favorite non-main character besides Fates characters(JAKOBANDKANNA): Katarina. Kinda feels unfair since I didn't include Kris. But I just think her character seemed really dumb. Her motives didn't suit her personality, and she makes Altea's recruiting procedures seem really questionable. DMs for Barth, Lester and Mathis.

Least favorite villain besides all of Fates: Validar. Not all villains need to be sympathetic, but he doesn't have to look like Aladdin's Jaffar as a Night-elf. His motivations are really predictable, none of his "ultimatums" are believable, and I felt nothing when he died. No remorse, no sense of accomplishment, nothing. DM for Nergal, who while not terrible, is just a slightly better Validar. 

Favorite Heroes: Micaiah (Radiant Dawn.) and Hector. (Blazing Sword.)

Favorite Villain: Deghinsea. (Radiant Dawn.)

Despised Hero: Ike (Radiant Dawn)

Despised Villains: Sephiran (Radiant Dawn)

Edited by Icelerate

• 2 weeks later...