FEBuilderGBA

Kirb1337

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

Is there a glitch with aether?  When I triggered it, my character's health because glitched and when I heal him, his health because zero. Or is it because I changed the health cap to read that same as the enemy health cap?

>Is there a glitch with aether?

What does it mean? 
Please explain it more concretely.

What is "aether" ?  

15 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

The class list is also extendable, however you need to go into patches and install the patch that allows you to do so.

I do not recommend extending the class.
Extension of class causes various problems.
The risk is too big.

On 2018/1/22 at 12:20 PM, DDDHunter said:

Why is Chapter 11 missing in FE 8 in the builder

In FE 8, Chapter 11 is located at the end of chapter data list for some reason.

It is unclear why this is happening.

Since FEBuilderGBA is ROMEditor, it shows the data structure of FE as it is.

22 hours ago, Armaada_J said:

I need help with text editing. I want to replace the female general class with the Black Knight, but if I change the class's name it also changes the name of the male general class, which I want to stay the same. How do I only change the name of the female versions of classes without also changed the name of the male classes?

It seems there already was a reply, but because the string ID is the same.

Please extend the character string table or crush unnecessary character table data and secure a new character string ID.

Then allocate the newly secured character string ID to the name of that class.

In FE, except for some exceptions, character strings are managed by character string ID and its character string table.

On 2018/1/22 at 4:57 AM, DDDHunter said:

Thanks for the info, but here is another question.

In my rom hack, there is a glitch that changes certain characters classes when you close then reopen the emulator or restart the game, if you move the cursor onto the character, the game freezes and glitches out.

Is this because I changed their class (both in the character edit and deploy map edit) or because I have added new classes?

If so, is there any fix?

>In my rom hack, there is a glitch that changes certain characters classes when you close then reopen the emulator or restart the game, if you move the cursor onto the character, the game freezes and glitches out.

I can not answer because I do not know what is wrong with that alone.
More information is needed.

Please close FEBuilderGBA without saving when it becomes strange.
Changes will be canceled automatically.

With FEBuilderGBA, you can check the change without saving the ROM.
After making any changes, please press the F5 key and start up the emulator.

All write buttons of FEBuilderGBA are executed on temporary in memory.
FEBuilderGBA will not rewrite ROM until menu File -> Save.

If you look at youtube, there are people saving each time you change.
That is an incorrect usage.

Instead of saving, you should press the F5 key and test without writing it.
And if you know that it works without problems, please File-> Save.
If there is a problem, close FEBuilderGBA without saving it.
Incorrect changes will be automatically canceled.

If you mistakenly save the wrong changes without noticing the problem, please restore from the backup.
FEBuilderGBA backs up the ROM by date every time it is saved.
Backups are generated with ROM FILENAME + DATETIME + .7z.

5 hours ago, 7743 said:

>In my rom hack, there is a glitch that changes certain characters classes when you close then reopen the emulator or restart the game, if you move the cursor onto the character, the game freezes and glitches out.

I can not answer because I do not know what is wrong with that alone.
More information is needed.

Please close FEBuilderGBA without saving when it becomes strange.
Changes will be canceled automatically.

With FEBuilderGBA, you can check the change without saving the ROM.
After making any changes, please press the F5 key and start up the emulator.

All write buttons of FEBuilderGBA are executed on temporary in memory.
FEBuilderGBA will not rewrite ROM until menu File -> Save.

If you look at youtube, there are people saving each time you change.
That is an incorrect usage.

Instead of saving, you should press the F5 key and test without writing it.
And if you know that it works without problems, please File-> Save.
If there is a problem, close FEBuilderGBA without saving it.
Incorrect changes will be automatically canceled.

If you mistakenly save the wrong changes without noticing the problem, please restore from the backup.
FEBuilderGBA backs up the ROM by date every time it is saved.
Backups are generated with ROM FILENAME + DATETIME + .7z.

From another reply you made, I assume that the glitch is from me extending the class list. But if you need more information , a patch to the rom hack is in FE8 Chaos Mode

Edited by DDDHunter

6 hours ago, 7743 said:

It seems there already was a reply, but because the string ID is the same.

Please extend the character string table or crush unnecessary character table data and secure a new character string ID.

Then allocate the newly secured character string ID to the name of that class.

In FE, except for some exceptions, character strings are managed by character string ID and its character string table.

When I try to extend the table it causes an issue where all class names become blank

2 hours ago, DDDHunter said:

There is a glitch in my rom hack where after starting a chapter, my characters gain negative stat boosts like they have been hit with seal skills. Do you know what the problem is?

There's a bug in the skill system where units randomly get debuffed if there are more than 16 enemies in a group. Make sure your groups of enemies are composed of less than 16 units to avoid glitches.

1 hour ago, Darrman said:

There's a bug in the skill system where units randomly get debuffed if there are more than 16 enemies in a group. Make sure your groups of enemies are composed of less than 16 units to avoid glitches.

So how do you split groups of enemies

6 hours ago, glass124 said:

Great tool over all but I'm having an issue trying to change promotion items in Fire Emblem 8, I can not figure out how to link the Knight's Crest to the Soldier class.

Go into promotion items from the advance menu and extend the table for knight’s crest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/01/2018 at 7:28 PM, DDDHunter said:

Why does making a chp fog of war glitch out the goal. It was chp 12 of fe8 and the enemies left became -- so I couldn't beat the chapter. What was the problem?

In fog of war you can't see all the units so it doesn't show you how many units are left 

• 2 months later...

I've been messing with the program for awhile now and have been able to figure out 85% of what I need to do. The tutorials on YouTube don't cover beginning and ending events and a few other things (how to use patches). Have a few issues I have run into (and haven't been able to solve)

1.When making enemies, I've noticed that sometimes their portraits are Glitchy- its inconsistent whether they show properly or not.

2. When I level up my trainee classes normally to lv.10, they won't promote. I can force promote, but that way doesn't give a choice.

This is probably a silly question but when I go to place tiles in the map editor, the tiles are placed both when my cursor hovers over a square and when I click on the square. Is this how the editor normally works or is it a problem with my mouse? 

Yeah- what that means is that have are previously set to a certain position on the map- and are set to move to a certain point. If you replace those sections with 0, you can choose where the start instead. I recommend markyjoes guide to this program as well as the video at the start of this thread to help you with some of the basics.

Edited by GenericShonenProtagonist
changed the questions

• 4 weeks later...

Downloaded this to just mess about with it, not plans to make a proper hack (yet). Something very worrisome is occurring however, when ever I go to the edit weapons, AVG Antivirus immediately flags the executable as hazardous and quarantines the program. Does anyone know why this is? I could tell AVG not to do that, but I'm not sure I'd feel safe doing so unless I understand why that problem is happening.