Kirb1337

FEBuilderGBA

This may sound like a selfish request, but is it possible to have a version that doesn't require a pre-existing ROM? I want to make fan games and the videos I've seen show how good the tool is, but because of the legal problems with owning ROMS of already existing games, I don't want to upset my parents by using this. I would just like to be able to use this in a more legal way, and I know projects like FeXP and FEXNA exist, but those require other programs, one that requires money the other that doesn't work on Windows 10 (and also isn't out). I don't mind if you can't and again this sounds really selfish, but I would like if you could do it.

As I wrote the last sentence I realized something, can you just add a "build from scratch" option?

@CNU

Owning ROMs isn't illegal; downloading them off the internet is. There are plenty of legal ways of acquiring ROMs. Google "how to dump GBA roms" and you're sure to find something you can do. It may cost some money, but if you want to do things 100% legally, that's unavoidable.

Ironically, adding a "build from scratch" option to this program would be illegal, as this just changes data that is already there in a ROM. A "build from scratch" option would have to include the entire ROM with the download.

I have trying this one a bit, and I find it quite easy to use to beginners.

But I'm stuck with a thing and I cannot find a solution anywhere, sorry if this has been asked before.

When I expand the classes with the patch, I don't know how to properly add a class. I mean, in the class editor, the last one is de 7F Pupil, and I don't know how to find a way to have more than that. Could someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Cygnus_Harvey said:

I have trying this one a bit, and I find it quite easy to use to beginners.

But I'm stuck with a thing and I cannot find a solution anywhere, sorry if this has been asked before.

When I expand the classes with the patch, I don't know how to properly add a class. I mean, in the class editor, the last one is de 7F Pupil, and I don't know how to find a way to have more than that. Could someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Don't. It's extremely buggy and it messes up your game. Don't use it.

Im having a bug where i get this error message that won't let me do anything unless i close the program without getting a chance to save my work. Im afraid of losing hours of work so im hoping someone knows how to fix this.

8b0804df9b05dd4543dd01916e60f2de.png

I'd like to expand the weapon triangle to have the heroes version where magic is mixed in with physical weapons, but there doesn't seem to be an extend list button on the weapon triangle settings. Anyone know a work around/can I request an extend list button in the weapon triangle settings for future updates?

I have downloaded several different versions but unable to receive the .exe file to actually run the program. Every other file downloads fine. I thought it may be because of my anti-virus (avast) but I attempted to download 3 times with no anti-virus and still the .exe file is nowhere to be found. Is there any way for me to be able to get this single file without having to re-download again? 

So when you extract you don't have the FEBuilderGBA in the folder at all?

image.png.c98c6bc272c00d79eaf17791998473e6.png

Correct. I don't have any "application" files, AKA the executable file needed to open the program. Yet I have every other file. But even after disabling my anti-virus, I checked the virus vault to see if it deleted the file but it did not. So I don't know if it is not being extracted from the .zip or if it is being deleted upon download.