Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

I feel like people wouldn’t have as much of a problem with the multipliers if they had been there from the beginning and this was called the Hero Gauntlet instead of the Voting Gauntlet.

There's always going to be people who are upset about it regardless of what they do.  If you refer back to the beach gauntlet that's where a lot of salt came in from where the multiplier messed things up.  Gauis did not deserve to make it to the finals when his team was the smallest of all of the teams. Regardless of what it was called, people on the big team are going to feel cheated because they feel the other team got lucky.  I know you are happy Soren won and I am too but you have to consider how the other team feels when they thought their character would win.  

If Takumi and Amelia lose, than I don't know who to go for. Shanna is only Desperation fodder in my eyes, I like Ike, but I don't now who Soren is and probably wouldn't like him anyways, and all he is is feather fodder in my eyes, and my last option is to not go with anybody and just quit the gauntlet which for some reason seems like the best option in that scenario. I pray that it doesn't go this way.

8 hours ago, Dracologist said:

It’s kind of annoying how whenever people talk about using flags strategically and how they hope they were having an impact by doing so, the response is usually that they only got the multipliers through dumb luck. I’m pretty sure at this point that most players have figured out how the multipliers work, so winning through clever flag use and trying to score the right amounts to get the final multiplier should be possible. At least, that’s my opinion on things.

People really shouldn't have to feel the need to defend their win at all.  Don't let the salt and tears get to you--if your team won, even if it was just because of the multiplier, you have every right to be happy about it.

9 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

People really shouldn't have to feel the need to defend their win at all.  Don't let the salt and tears get to you--if your team won, even if it was just because of the multiplier, you have every right to be happy about it.

At this point of the game i dont even care who wins lol. Honestly voting gauntlet is so tedious i just do the 4 battles for the coins and call it a day. The mode should imho be delteed. Its not difficult and its bleh. The only reason i am touching it is because of Coins thats it.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

At this point of the game i dont even care who wins lol. Honestly voting gauntlet is so tedious i just do the 4 battles for the coins and call it a day. The mode should imho be delteed. Its not difficult and its bleh. The only reason i am touching it is because of Coins thats it.

"I don't have fun playing this mode so no one is allowed to have fun playing this mode."

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"I don't have fun playing this mode so no one is allowed to have fun playing this mode."

Not sure how the mode can be fun seriously. And as i said "imho". In my opinion, doesnt mean everyone else shares the opinion and how i think about it. I really dont see how it is fun compared to Tempest Trials and GHB/BHB battles or Arena assault.

4 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

I really shouldn't let it get to me and I understand Team Ryoma's frustration, but I worked hard to figure out what hours to spend my flags on to increase the odds of my team getting that final multiplier and trying to coordinate pushes with others on Team Soren in the hopes that we could make a difference... I know even with my efforts, it was still probably just blind luck that things turned out exactly as I hoped and planned, but hearing people rant about our victory being unearned is still a bit disheartening. It's like they're telling me that my efforts are meaningless and no matter how hard I work, someone else is more deserving.

...Sorry for the ramble. I just got a little too invested into last round, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Not sure how the mode can be fun seriously. And as i said "imho". In my opinion, doesnt mean everyone else shares the opinion and how i think about it. I really dont see how it is fun compared to Tempest Trials and GHB/BHB battles or Arena assault.

While I will agree that the mode gets tedious and badly needs reworking I have fun with the gauntlets. It’s fun using other people’s units, and looking through the rankings is always a treat. I’m making a collage of people trying to salvage Sorens defense, gotta make your own fun sometimes. 

Regardless, it looks like it's a multiplier festival for Soren this round as well. I'm going to wait for a better multiplier this time. Sitting on my flags for today. I was just outside the top 5k last round. This time I'll be in the top 1k.

Edited by Zeo

10 hours ago, Dracologist said:

It’s kind of annoying how whenever people talk about using flags strategically and how they hope they were having an impact by doing so, the response is usually that they only got the multipliers through dumb luck. I’m pretty sure at this point that most players have figured out how the multipliers work, so winning through clever flag use and trying to score the right amounts to get the final multiplier should be possible. At least, that’s my opinion on things.

And you're being annoying by making too big of a deal about masses of people "strategizing" together for a win. Soren won because of dumb luck. Others will win and lose due to dumb luck. There is nothing else to it, no mountain to make out of this molehill.

I know this is late, didn't see there was a new page. But sentiment still stands.

Edited by Sunwoo

59 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

While I will agree that the mode gets tedious and badly needs reworking I have fun with the gauntlets. It’s fun using other people’s units, and looking through the rankings is always a treat. I’m making a collage of people trying to salvage Sorens defense, gotta make your own fun sometimes. 

Yeah I still find the funnest part of this mode is use other people's units, and I do get quite amused by the random teams and match ups we're given. I think as a popularity contest this is completely broken, since ever since the multiplier was implemented it's gone further and further from being a popularity contest.

I do think I would be one of the few that would defend the multiplier because while yes it really screws over team, but at the same time I like how it does give smaller teams a chance to progress even if it's just by luck. I'm actually really happy that Soren and Shanna pulled out a win this round. 

34 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

I really shouldn't let it get to me and I understand Team Ryoma's frustration, but I worked hard to figure out what hours to spend my flags on to increase the odds of my team getting that final multiplier and trying to coordinate pushes with others on Team Soren in the hopes that we could make a difference... I know even with my efforts, it was still probably just blind luck that things turned out exactly as I hoped and planned, but hearing people rant about our victory being unearned is still a bit disheartening. It's like they're telling me that my efforts are meaningless and no matter how hard I work, someone else is more deserving.

...Sorry for the ramble. I just got a little too invested into last round, I guess.

I think of it like... Winning a lottery or a raffle or something.  You could have 1 person who buys a ton of tickets, and another person who buys 1 ticket.  The person who bought 1 ticket could get lucky and win.  Just because the person who bought more tickets "deserved" it more, doesn't mean the lucky winner shouldn't be happy about their winnings.

I don't believe strategy has anything to do with a character winning these things, though.  The winner just depends on how the multiplier goes in the final few hours.  I think most people save their flags for the last several hours now because it will get them a better rank, but some people who can't play as often will have to use theirs any time they can.  With such a large amount of people playing, from all over the world (with different reasons for spending flags the way they do), there isn't really a way to make sure everyone's on the same page.

That being said, even though it was due to luck, you have every right to feel happy about your favourite character winning!  If people are lashing out on Twitter/Tumblr/etc about the win being undeserved, they are being childish.  :-_-:  

I can understand why people are disappointed about the Ryoma loss.  We can be really emotional when it comes to our favourite characters.  If Soren's team was 4x as large as Ryoma's, and he lost due to a multiplier after crushing the opposition for the majority of the round, you'd probably be disappointed, right?  How people choose to express their frustration is what matters here.  The people being rude about Soren winning are wrong.  Don't hate the player, hate the game. :P:  If people are upset about it, they should submit feedback and move on.  

Wow... The predictor sure thinks there's going to be a lot of hours with no multipliers for either side right now... That's probably not going to be the case, but it's interesting how close the predicted scores are, all things considered.

People take this very seriously. I was on Team Gaius and the only thing that annoyed me was all the Gaius hate when people said he didn't 'deserve' to win. There's no deserve... It's, as others have said, just dumb luck. The only problem is the name. It's not a voting gauntlet any more, it's just a Russian Roulette, more than anything. There's no skill or strategy. There's too many people playing to ever have a chance to make it anything strategic. The only strategy is for yourself, timing when you can get the most points. And, I guess, choosing if you'd rather go for the smaller team for feathers or actually play as a character you like in a larger team (if it should happen to fall the way). I much prefer Takumi to Soren, but should he lose, oh well. I'll join the next team along - whichever suits. No salt since it's all for feathers. 

I was on Team Ryoma. It doesn't bother me he lost. I actually expected him to lose from the off, but it was nice to see him pull ahead. If anything, I hope they do take note of how many people voted for him and Takumi and finally think to add the Hoshidan princes (and last remaining princess) to a seasonal banner. 

Off to a good start. I'm trying to be "strategic" with my own flags, mostly to maximize my score. I've collected about 1300 now with two more quests to go. For some reason, Team Soren likes to put out reds. Granted, some of my most valuable teammates are reds, so I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. But this time around I'm having more trouble completing the colorless and blue quests. I'm up to 3/5 on blue and 2/5 on colorless, so I'm sure I'll get there. But I've gotten a lot of red and GREEN teammates. For shame. I love your PA!Inigo, but now is not the time.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Team Soren likes to put out reds. 

Team Shanna likes to put out Shanna. No, seriously. Though it might be because of me using my lvl 1 Shanna to battle. Still every other go has a random Shanna.

I’m a huge fan of Marisha Ray’s voice acting for her, at the very least, so I can take it.

Still I’d like to get some greys occasionally.

We had two hours in a row where neither Takumi nor Soren got the multiplier and if my rank is any indication, Team Soren hasn’t spent very many flags. Interesting...

I don’t think this is much of an indication of anything, just think that it’s weird is all.

I just realized I have over 2000 flags counting those from the arena quests that I haven't finished. I guess using 200 every now and then won't hurt as long as I have enough for the 7x multiplier.

53 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Team Shanna likes to put out Shanna. No, seriously. Though it might be because of me using my lvl 1 Shanna to battle. Still every other go has a random Shanna.

I’m a huge fan of Marisha Ray’s voice acting for her, at the very least, so I can take it.

Still I’d like to get some greys occasionally.

I've been lucky and gotten just one Soren ally. He had kind of a strange build, but he did his job. This isn't half as bad as Ike's gauntlet. >.> I almost always got 2 Ikes as allies. Like, it got to the point where I unfriended everyone on my friend's list that had Ike as a lead. And then anyone that had a red... And even the, I still got random reds. The healer gauntlet was pretty bad too.

At least Shanna is really cute. Can't ever have too much of that.

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The healer gauntlet was pretty bad too.

We… don’t speak about the healer gauntlet. We never speak about the healer gauntlet.

I still have to play her game. Right after I finish Shadow Dragon, I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

On my first night of pulling from the banner, I was pulling only green (unless there wasn't a green in the set) and got 2 copies of Amelia, but 3 5-star copies of Shanna. What the heck?

Definitely too much of that.

Also no Hinoka made me sad.