Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Tsak said:

I feel ya
I was Team Ryoma starting, the multiplier is shenanigans. I also remember Lucina vs everyone else.
I think the solution lies somewhere in the middle

I kinda liked the old multiplier because at least then if you were just too outmatched it didn't do much of anything for preventing an inevitable loss it was interesting for elise and sakura where it was fun to watch because they were close in popularity elise would have won regardless but it helped spice up what would have been an otherwise dull curbstomp, but now you have situations like fae vs. ninian in blood of dragons which was unjustifiably close if you ask me, maybe make the modifier not a thing in the last few hours? I don't know, it just seems like one good modifier ends up breaking the entire gauntlet rendering everything before the last 3 hours meaningless and the solution was not to make the modifier easier to get if you ask me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I was actually threatened when I supported Katarina instead of Amelia. It really pissed me off.

Seeing Amelia lose makes me satisfied.  But I totally understand the frustration because Team Amelia got their victory snatched by the multiplier.

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Also, @Alkaid and @NSSKG151, do you want me to change my lead? Or is PA!Azura alright as is?

I'm also fine with PA Azura, considering refresher units are always good to have and Azura can hit hard as will.

Meanwhile, I'm changing my lead to Sonya for now but I'm willing to switch her out later if need be.

Edited by NSSKG151
needed word to be plural

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet you have a picture of Oboro, loyal retainer of Takumi. Her having disobedient followers makes Takumi question her loyalty. That shall weigh heavily upon his fragile soul. He might get infected with evil and paranoid and execute her as a result.

Plz

You don't even play FEH

9 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

This has to be one of the most intense battles ever! I'm so super proud of my little bundle of joy (Soren). 

Alright let's go Takumi <3 let's take you to victory. Seriously Shanna's victory pisses me off.

If anyone wants to add me, feel free. ^.^....let's take that Gaius wanna-be out.

Sent you a request, let's shoot that big bird down. 

Well, I'm joining Takumi now. Nothing against Shanna, but I have little attachment to her as her personality was a little bland to me whereas Takumi is one of the Fates characters I like. So I'll be setting up my Hector for the next round and prepare for the Desperation Fodder onslaught. 

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Just for the record, I was actually threatened when I supported Katarina instead of Amelia. It really pissed me off.

Seeing Amelia lose makes me satisfied.  But I totally understand the frustration because Team Amelia got their victory snatched by the multiplier.

Who threatens someone over a video game?

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I'd say the former is more surprising. Prior to Heroes almost nobody liked Amelia; if anything she was infamous for being one of the worst, if not the worst character in the game she appeared in.

Excuse me? While I can acknowledge that Amelia's trainee status made her hard to grind up she was in a game that was released back then and even during the time that Awakening was happening if people were lucky enough to be 3DS ambassadors and let's be real people probably did grind the trainee characters over at the temple (with the exception being Ross in some cases because he can get away with grinding early). Binding Blade has had no such release outside of Japan, the only character to even have any recognition from it is Roy and that's simply because of his main character status and especially his being lucky enough to be Smash Bros for the sake of his game getting advertisement to boost sales over there for his soon to be released game. Amelia was in the top 100 in the choose your legends poll and was even higher than a main plot old school character like Ninian. Shanna on the other hand is 166th compared to Amelia being at 89th.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You do realize she's going up against the guy who has Point Blank every time as an enemy in CQ, and CC in Heroes?

...How strong/accurate is he? The only time I've really felt an archer versus pegasus hurt was my last chapter attempt in PoR, where Marcia died to a Killer Bow- and even then, I think the Killer was scarier than the Bow.

Just now, Medeus said:

Well, I'm joining Takumi now. Nothing against Shanna, but I have little attachment to her as her personality was a little bland to me whereas Takumi is one of the Fates characters I like. So I'll be setting up my Hector for the next round and prepare for the Desperation Fodder onslaught. 

You can say that about a lot of characters in Binding Blade being bland. Shanna has definitely been incredibly lucky given she's the only one of her Binding Blade pals to even get past the 1st round. 

Well, I suppose I said I'd pull out all the stops against Takumi earlier so I suppose it's high time to turn to someone who is more than capable of putting an end to betrayal incarnate.

Spoiler

8lbKyQ4.png?1

This literal beauty could be yours to use if you join me on Team Shanna! All you need to do is ask.

Also, but I forgot to do so earlier, some shout-outs:

@LordFrigid: Your Caeda did amazing. And I mean, tanked a hit from a Silver Bow Klein because I was a moron and thought she had Hit and Run for some reason amazing. Shame my Robin never turned for you.

@Locke087: I got your Lyn a couple times today and was very impressed with what you built for her.

@DarkLordIvy: Your Ike was a rather consistent sight but always a welcome one.

@Astellius: Your Tiki really makes me wish that I had one with optimal IVs that I could promote.

People are arguing Amelia was hard to train up? In what world was any character hard to train up in Sacred Stones? Are we talking about the same game here
because zombies still got doubled by like slim lance trainee ass Amelia lmao
That game took no amount of effort to level up anyone

Starting to think twice... I actually played FE6 and beat it (Didn't use Shanna/Thany, too squishy) and I have Shanna at level 1 which means easy VG wins. But the character preference detector in me wants to support Takumi out of principle that I know he's cooler and if I played Fates he'd probably be one of my favorites.

Then again... Shanna will probably get 2x as many multipliers as Takumi... but he'll probably get the 500 victory feathers... so...

Where should I go for the feathers?

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Starting to think twice... I actually played FE6 and beat it (Didn't use Shanna/Thany, too squishy) and I have Shanna at level 1 which means easy VG wins. But the character preference detector in me wants to support Takumi out of principle that I know he's cooler and if I played Fates he'd probably be one of my favorites.

Then again... Shanna will probably get 2x as many multipliers as Takumi... but he'll probably get the 500 victory feathers... so...

who knows man

just do it for the memes

join whoever is the memeist

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Thany is a pretty good place if you want feathers since you have a lower leveled unit. that means easier matches.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, I suppose I said I'd pull out all the stops against Takumi earlier so I suppose it's high time to turn to someone who is more than capable of putting an end to betrayal incarnate.

Hide contents

8lbKyQ4.png?1

This literal beauty could be yours to use if you join me on Team Shanna! All you need to do is ask.

Also, but I forgot to do so earlier, some shout-outs:

@LordFrigid: Your Caeda did amazing. And I mean, tanked a hit from a Silver Bow Klein because I was a moron and thought she had Hit and Run for some reason amazing. Shame my Robin never turned for you.

@Locke087: I got your Lyn a couple times today and was very impressed with what you built for her.

@DarkLordIvy: Your Ike was a rather consistent sight but always a welcome one.

@Astellius: Your Tiki really makes me wish that I had one with optimal IVs that I could promote.

Were you the Robin?  I think I got you a few times today.

1 minute ago, Tsak said:

People are arguing Amelia was hard to train up? In what world was any character hard to train up in Sacred Stones? Are we talking about the same game here

For those that have Sacred Stones as their first Fire Emblem game sure it would be, but even then they're likely to use the tower to grind up those that are lagging behind seeing as how that is an option. It's not like Amelia is in a situation like say Nino who joins so late and doesn't have a tower to grind from to catch up with everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Tsak said:

She's easy to train (hell everyone in SS is, you have the tower, skirmishes and arena) but her growths.... yeah she's not getting better than Franz any time soon. And having a fast general is pretty bad considering their low move. 

I love Sacred Stones (I mean, look at my profile pic) but let's not kid ourselves, Amelia is a bad unit period. Her main contribution is the Speedwings she carries.