Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Shanna just cut Team Takumi's lead by 2/3 this past hour. If this keeps up, Team Shanna will actually win. I am being very amused.

But wouldn't everybody dump flags now? That means Team Takumi should score more than they have in the last couple hours. Shanna would probably score the same as she did last hour since they're probably already using flags.

3 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Like I said it made sense for Leo losing to Robin and Ephraim they are higher ranked than him after all, but Gaius winning against him was weird because I thought his popularity lessen a lot more overtime than Cordelia and Tharja.

Also like @Zeo said Shanna closed the gap by a lot just now...

I'm pretty sure Gaius won because of multiplier shenanigans. The summer gauntlet was the first time the multiplier actually mattered because Gaius won two rounds he shouldn't have. XD Poor Leo just can't catch a break.

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm pretty sure Gaius won because of multiplier shenanigans. The summer gauntlet was the first time the multiplier actually mattered because Gaius won two rounds he shouldn't have. XD Poor Leo just can't catch a break.

Pretty much, I still haven't gotten over the fact Shanna got two multipliers against Amelia in the last 2 hours. =/

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But wouldn't everybody dump flags now? That means Team Takumi should score more than they have in the last couple hours. Shanna would probably score the same as she did last hour since they're probably already using flags.

It might be more feather hunters on Shanna saved for this late than team Takumi. They expected to get more multipliers today and didn't, while team Takumi likely spent more last night and earlier this morning expecting fewer until (hopefully) 1 or 2 right at the end. If most people still saved 400-800 for the very end and still haven't spent, we still might be able to keep Shanna from a last hour pass on us. 

Edit: Wow how did I mess up that many words in this post. 

Edited by Alkaid

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

He did. As did Soren and Shanna in this gauntlet, and I believe Camilla against Lyn as well.

But I do wish people would keep in mind that the power of the multiplier can only go so far. If one team is overwhelmingly more popular than the other, then they're going to win regardless. Gaius was less popular than Leo, but still popular enough to cause an upset, same with Camilla and Lyn. But he was still beaten by Corrin despite having a 24/7 multiplier because her team was just so much bigger.

Just now, Alkaid said:

It might me more feather hunters on Shanna saved for this late than team Takumi. They expected to get more multipliers today and didn't, while team Takumi likely spend more last night and earlier this morning expected fewer until (hopefully) 1 or 2 right at the end. If most people were still saved 400-800 for the very end and still haven't spent, we still might be able to keep Shanna from a last hour pass on us. 

Well, it would suck for Takumi to lose like this. That's just...not cool. I hope he does pull this off!

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I saved way too many flags expecting at least one more multiplier. But I did spend incremental amounts, so it's not a complete loss, I think I am still ranked. So I can just dump my remaining flags into my last two matches, I guess.

In other news, the random ally system is fucking stupid. I was sitting at 4/5 green units for so long until I finally said "fuck it" and deployed my Soren to get that last 100 flags. And then the game gave me two green allies within the next few matches.

Fuck you, game.

Yeah, I really wish they'd get rid of the randomness of support units, for two main reasons: 1. those quests and 2. I seem to get the same units frequently each round.  I think I've gotten nothing but Rafiel's Aria's Merric and Rezzy's Bridelia the entirety of round 3

It'd be nice if IS let us pick the friend support, provided they're on our team, and one of four "random stranger" supports with each of the four being a different color.  

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Both teams were probably saving flags, Team Takumi for the rally and Team Shanna door hopes of a final multiplier. I'm holding off on making predictions because it's really uncertain just how many flags are left on each side.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, it would suck for Takumi to lose like this. That's just...not cool. I hope he does pull this off!

They have more people but Team Shanna is full of feather mercenaries. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Both teams were probably saving flags, Team Takumi for the rally and Team Shanna door hopes of a final multiplier. I'm holding off on making predictions because it's really uncertain just how many flags are left on each side.

Yeah, I think I agree with you here.

The multiplier system during the summer gauntlet and this current gauntlet is also different. 10% vs. 1% difference makes the gauntlet a lot more swingy, especially in the final hours.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, I really wish they'd get rid of the randomness of support units, for two main reasons: 1. those quests and 2. I seem to get the same units frequently each round.  I think I've gotten nothing but Rafiel's Aria's Merric and Rezzy's Bridelia the entirety of round 3

It'd be nice if IS let us pick the friend support, provided they're on our team, and one of four "random stranger" supports with each of the four being a different color.  

I think I got Lumi's Ryoma and Ryu Yuki's Nowi more than anything else. For the earlier rounds, I kept on getting someone's level 20 Effie until I finally just took them off my friend list. And it was really annoying that the game liked to give me blue units and put me against green units. Takumi can only do so much on his own.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

Anyone wanna bet that the margin of victory will be less than 22,000 votes?

I will personally apologize if that happens, since I'm ending with exactly 200 excess and could have spent that in the past hour in which Shanna was apparently killing it.

Heh, what do I care who wins when I'm guaranteed to get the feathers I need for another 5* once Arena rewards are distributed tomorrow?

...but do win Takumi bros, having an extra 500 feathers would be pretty neat.

200 flags left to spend in one last game, final push go.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

The multiplier system during the summer gauntlet and this current gauntlet is also different. 10% vs. 1% difference makes the gauntlet a lot more swingy, especially in the final hours.

I think I got Lumi's Ryoma and Ryu Yuki's Nowi more than anything else. For the earlier rounds, I kept on getting someone's level 20 Effie until I finally just took them off my friend list. And it was really annoying that the game liked to give me blue units and put me against green units. Takumi can only do so much on his own.

It is hard to believe the friend system to be random when we all get the same character back to back.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

They have more people but Team Shanna is full of feather mercenaries. 

This is a bigger army diplomacy game; the one with the biggest army wins!

(By the way I don't understand FE disdain for mercenaries).

6 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

He did. As did Soren and Shanna in this gauntlet, and I believe Camilla against Lyn as well.

But I do wish people would keep in mind that the power of the multiplier can only go so far. If one team is overwhelmingly more popular than the other, then they're going to win regardless. Gaius was less popular than Leo, but still popular enough to cause an upset, same with Camilla and Lyn. But he was still beaten by Corrin despite having a 24/7 multiplier because her team was just so much bigger.

Unless they are winning by more than an 8:1 margin, the other team can still snipe a win if they get the last hour multiplier.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Sorry

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, being at complete WTD is another issue with the randomness, I've been in basically unwinnable situations because of it.  

Using others' units is probably the main, if not the only, appeal of Voting Gauntlet as a mode at this point, so I'd really like to see it refined.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Unless they are winning by more than an 8:1 margin, the other team can still snipe a win if they get the last hour multiplier.

Sorry

It's not like it's your fault.  It's the fault of whatever's rigging the RNG.

...Why is it even rigged, anyway?  Why would IS make us constantly get the same 2-3 units even when we know there are others?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Heh, what do I care who wins when I'm guaranteed to get the feathers I need for another 5* once Arena rewards are distributed tomorrow?

...but do win Takumi bros, having an extra 500 feathers would be pretty neat.

200 flags left to spend in one last game, final push go.

We sure better win, my rank is gonna blow this gauntlet. I need those win feathers!

@Rafiel's Aria's Merric must be really popular, I keep getting him (and it seems other people have) and @LordFrigid Caeda a lot. Also  @Frenzify's Beruka and someone's +5 Elincia (unsure because of Japanese name)

@Vaximillian's Sharena disappeared after the first few battles, unlike the vs Amelia round.

The game must really like to spread your Merric love around Aria!