Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

But isn't this supposed to be a popularity contest? After all, that's what it is supposed to be. The multiplier turned it into something completely different. You're just trying to brag about winning while making it sound like something else

Popularity contests are dumb. The voting gauntlet is dumb too. Come have some dumb fun with the rest of us instead of being upset over something with crazy low stakes that nobody can individually control.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Integrity said:

the first gauntlet sucked because there was absolutely no reason to throw in with your fave over the obvious favorite

Excuse me. I threw in with my fave over the obvious favourite in the first gauntlet, and I never regretted it.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, kcirrot said:

But it is, in fact, rigged.  The multiplier is something that no individual player has any meaningful control over and it creates perverse incentives to maximize rewards.  The multiplier is the very definition of rigging a game.  What else do you call giving one team more points because they are losing?

While I don't think it's worth getting that mad about, I also don't think there's anything positive that comes from the VG. 

YOU SEEM SUSPICIOUSLY MAD FOR SOMEONE WHO IS ALLEGEDLY NOT MAD MY SALTY FRIEND

damn johann speaks to my soul

honestly it's a silly little thing and the multiplier stuff, for me, leads to fun plot twists instead of everything being predictable tbh

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Excuse me. I threw in with my fave over the obvious favourite, and I never regretted it.

i did too, and i never regretted it, but i had zero chance of victory and zero reward for doing so. the first vg i won was the dragon one.

2 minutes ago, Integrity said:

so is it a popularity contest or isn't it ya fucking goons

the first gauntlet sucked because there was absolutely no reason to throw in with your fave over the obvious favorite

in this gauntlet, the fave won over the obvious favorite

that's literally better than the inevitable shit of the first vg where you'd throw in and wait for 36 hours to inevitably lose

Something something but Chrom vs Ephraaaaaaaiiim XO

This has been a fun VG. But the haters are harshing my mellow something fierce.

Just now, Specta said:

damn johann speaks to my soul

honestly it's a silly little thing and the multiplier stuff, for me, leads to fun plot twists instead of everything being predictable tbh

Solidarity, sister

4 minutes ago, Integrity said:

so is it a popularity contest or isn't it ya fucking goons

in this gauntlet, the fave won over the obvious favorite

that's literally better than the inevitable shit of the first vg where you'd throw in and wait for 36 hours to inevitably lose

Picking favorites is really just to one's detriment now, for the most part. Considering the main point/reward is to get feathers, if your favorite was Ryoma you got screwed out of feathers, and now, ALSO the win. More multipliers for the less popular team - and lack thereof for the bigger team - directly penalizes your feather rewards for liking/picking somebody more popular. 

Pre-multiplier penalized you for not picking the top dog, now it's the opposite. I'd just say both are bad design. 

Edited by Alkaid

Just now, kcirrot said:

But it is, in fact, rigged.  The multiplier is something that no individual player has any meaningful control over and it creates perverse incentives to maximize rewards.  The multiplier is the very definition of rigging a game.  What else do you call giving one team more points because they are losing?

While I don't think it's worth getting that mad about, I also don't think there's anything positive that comes from the VG. 

Ok rigging implies that someone i.e Intelligent Systems went out of their way to insure a particular person was guaranteed to succeed which isn't the case it's a coin toss. The victor cannot be rigged if nobody knows who can will wind up benefiting from it and how it may contribute in the fight. Also the multiplier wasn't active for 10 hours so there is no point in saying it was rigged in her favor. Also it's a gauntlet over hair this shouldn't be getting anyone overly upset

Edited by MisfitMiju

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Picking favorites is really just to one's detriment now, for the most part. Considering the main point is to get feathers, if your favorite was Ryoma you got screwed out of feathers, and now, ALSO the win. More multipliers for the less popular team - and lack thereof for the bigger team - directly penalizes your feather rewards for liking/picking somebody more popular. 

Pre-multiplier penalized you for not picking the top dog, now it's the opposite. I'd just say both are bad design. 

but that literally isn't the case

the underdog winning isn't a given

previously, it was not picking ryoma means you get fucked out of feathers

now it means not picking ryoma means you might or might not get fucked out of feathers, like a competition fucking well should be

Just now, Integrity said:

i did too, and i never regretted it, but i had zero chance of victory and zero reward for doing so. the first vg i won was the dragon one.

It’s not about the victory. It’s about supporting your faves. The only time my “fave” won from start to end was the summer gauntlet, where Corrin was the one I was the least indifferent to.
And I’m totally fine with this.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Popularity contests are dumb. The voting gauntlet is dumb too. Come have some dumb fun with the rest of us instead of being upset over something with crazy low stakes that nobody can individually control.

Heh. Sorry bout getting so worked up about a fictional character. But for before I start laughing along, can I at least have my Takumi kill one Shanna?

19 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Atleast Shanna did something for me. She got sent home and got me feathers. And now that good Shanna build I was gonna do? Will never do it. This is why I hate the multiplier system. And this is the last I will ever post. Goodbye.

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I hope Shanna dies in the fiery depths of hell. She deserves it, for winning so unfairly. In fact, If I ever play FE6, I will let her die. After all, what is the point of using a bad unit.

thinking emoji

12 minutes ago, Johann said:

So when are we getting CYL Shanna?

12 minutes ago, Integrity said:

i am feeling this so hard tbh

same??? same

3 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

i think something positive about it is that it's fun

also it's the only mode where you get to use your friend's units and that owns, along with the units you're randomly given

LAP UP THE TEARS OF THE SAD MANS AND HOLLA ON TO BRAVE NEW WORLD - THE VIRGIN POPULARITY CONTEST? LAME, UNCOOL, FAIL - THE CHAD TUG OF WAR? INSANELY GOOD AND COOL - PROVEN BY THE MIGHTY SCIENCE - PROOF IN THE PUDDING - LICK UP YOUR TAIL BETWEEN YOUR LEGS BABIES AND ACCEPT THE GLORY OF YOUR QUEEN - THE MAJORITY BRAVES KNOW THAT YOU DON'T NEED TROPHIES TO BE A WINNER BUT THEY ARE A WINNER - EXPAND THE PARTY AND BRING IT HOME

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s not about the victory. It’s about supporting your faves. The only time my “fave” won from start to end was the summer gauntlet, where Corrin was the one I was the least indifferent to.
And I’m totally fine with this.

sure, agreed, but that isn't a design principle. creating a contest where 6/8 of the people involved have zero chance of success is shite, and there's no way around it, even if lads like you and i will throw in behind our faves irregardless.

I still quite like the gauntlet because it is still easy feathers but mainly I get to mess around with friends units sure usually that just means getting some popular character with their bread and butter builds but sometimes you get something special and I'm like damn I want to make one 

3 minutes ago, Parrhesia said:

YOU SEEM SUSPICIOUSLY MAD FOR SOMEONE WHO IS ALLEGEDLY NOT MAD MY SALTY FRIEND

How salty can you be for winning three times in a row and coming away with a massive haul of feathers?

But I like fair games, maybe you don't.  I don't care either way.

I sure hope mods wont need to starting telling everyone to behave after the big amount of upset in this, I was hoping team Thany and Takumi would get along after such an intense finish to the end.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Picking favorites is really just to one's detriment now, for the most part. Considering the main point is to get feathers, if your favorite was Ryoma you got screwed out of feathers, and now, ALSO the win. More multipliers for the less popular team - and lack thereof for the bigger team - directly penalizes your feather rewards for liking/picking somebody more popular. 

I agree with this. My favorite isn't Shanna, it was Takumi, but I didn't side with him. Why? Because I knew if I did, I wouldn't get feathers as he was the larger group AND I didn't have him. Siding with Takumi would've ended up with a lose-lose situation, so I sided with a random character I generally don't care about beyond Desperation fodder (sorry Shanna fans) because it was profitable.

After siding with Elise in the healer gauntlet, I've learned that siding with the favorite if they happen to be a juggernaut is the LAST thing you want to do in VG

1 minute ago, Thany said:

I sure hope mods wont need to starting telling everyone to behave after the big amount of upset in this, I was hoping team Thany and Takumi would get along after such an intense finish to the end.

we already are

: (

i'm very disappointed

Edited by Specta

Shanna did not deserve this win at all.

I always preferred Tate over her anyway now I'm gonna make sure she's benched in all my play throughs.

Now I'm upset, First Soren and now Takumi. 

Just now, Integrity said:

but that literally isn't the case

the underdog winning isn't a given

previously, it was not picking ryoma means you get fucked out of feathers

now it means not picking ryoma means you might or might not get fucked out of feathers, like a competition fucking well should be

You don't need to win to get the best feather outcome. 

If you're team Gaius in the summer gauntlet, getting multipliers all day long while Corrin gets hardly any boosts your total rank up, meaning you get more cumulative score feathers in the end. And in this case, the underdog not only got more multipliers for a bigger score payout, but got to win on top of it. Picking somebody like Ryoma just got people toasted multiple ways, this time.