Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

12 minutes ago, Johann said:

As an alternative to the multiplier, I am in favor of having puppies wearing each character's costume and play soccer or something, and whoever's pup scores or has the ball or whatever gets a bonus.

This is brilliant! No one can get salty over puppies.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well unfortunately we can’t always have our cake and eat it too. If you’re one who prefers reaping the spoils of war, then siding with your preferred or more popular character isn’t the ideal choice. Contrariwise if you side with your preferred character (who might be popular  regardless of perceived benefits, then don’t expect a walk in the park and take victory for granted. At this point it’s rare to find the favorite who gives little competition for feathers.

I haven’t been immune to upsets that bothered me either (Lyn and Nowi would like to say hi), and I was sure miffed so I do feel your frustration. 

For me it’s been an absolute carousel for me. I initially joined Katarina, the only one I cared a lot about, but she ended up getting beat by Amelia (WHY COULDN’T SHE HAVE AN UPSET). Then I joined Soren and it didn’t end up any better. Then I joined Shanna because despite having a fully built Takumi, I don’t care about him as a character. For me, at worst I play for giggles and earn some feathers, at best a miracle upset happens to a character who I’m curious about and find endearing. Welp, the latter happened. I didn’t think any of the three I picked were the favorite to win, and I was bummed about losing twice (and then some in the past two gauntlets) but I have no real regrets all in all.

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Is it okay that I think this is adorable?

Yes, it is. It's positive amid all the negativity, and Takumi is cute as always!:^_^: Shanna looks only okay to me, but so what of what I think?:XD:

5 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

This is brilliant! No one can get salty over puppies.

If the Shih Tzu loses to the Golden Retriever, I'm going to write a five paragraph essay on why Goldens are overrated.:evil:

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't care for puppies

I don't hear a pulse coming from you. Heartless I must assume. I'd be perfectly fine if you ate human flesh from someone you murder, but hating puppies is a greater affront to humanity than cannibalism. (Don't mean to be overly serious here.)

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't hear a pulse coming from you. Heartless I must assume. I'd be perfectly fine if you ate human flesh from someone you murder, but hating puppies is a greater affront to humanity than cannibalism. (Don't mean to be overly serious here.)

Joke or not, screw you anyway.

Wait Team Shanna unexpectedly won again...?

What....? Uhhh....

*proceeds to hide in a corner*

Wasn't interested in the final round since Amelia lost but then decided to go for Shanna. Wasted no time putting my vote for her simply because I hate Takumi.

Happy she won the gauntlet.

Edited by Faustino

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Opinions may be divisive on this, but I'm gonna call Shanna's win arguably the best final match in the Voting Gauntlet. No final multiplier even happened, just plain 'ol pushing. Takumi did hard to push back, though. He gave his all. (Must have been that Marisha Ray voice, it tripped him up.)

Ninian vs Corrin was my personal favorite. Now that was a close match.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s not about the victory. It’s about supporting your faves. The only time my “fave” won from start to end was the summer gauntlet, where Corrin was the one I was the least indifferent to.
And I’m totally fine with this.

If it's about supporting your favorites over the results, then people wouldn't be up in arms about losing because of a multiplier.

I aIways vote for my favorite, but it's a little depressing going in knowing from the start that they'll lose.

Can i say two things?

1. Still don't care who won, enjoying my 5* Cecilia, though it's annoying that people kept bringing up the "no bonus points" thing.

2. We all know who the TRUE winner of this gauntlet is...

...I can't find any cool images of Ryoma's hair...

Edited by Xenomata

After reading the last 8 pages of this thread, I now understand why the Fire Emblem is considered the worst out of all the Nintendo fanbases.

Seriously, upset over a gauntlet that has no actual meaning whatsoever, pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

After reading the last 8 pages of this thread, I now understand why the Fire Emblem is considered the worst out of all the Nintendo fanbases.

Seriously, upset over a gauntlet that has no actual meaning whatsoever, pathetic.

Couldn't agree more with this.

I'm kind of glad I just skimmed through all the salt that came from Shanna's victory. I'm mad at myself for wasting my flags on non-multiplier hours but that's a whole other issue and isn't relevant here.

People are free to be salty/disappointed/angry because their favorites lost (every single time I watch a soccer game with some friends who support opposing teams it always ends as a salt fest no matter how fair/unfair/whatever the game was) and it's understandable but I feel attacking those who supported the winner is going too far.

In the first place this Gauntlet was made to see basically who had the best hair out of these characters. If people misunderstood and took it as voting for their favorites that's on them, out of every VG this was the least serious and now many are whining like crazy. Even the guys on Reddit are more chill about this and they tend to be extremely salty about everything.

Edited by Alexmender

I'm really happy. The last few hours were amazing.

I said if Shanna won I would work on 5* +10ing her.
That's going to be a long term goal, but I will do it eventually.
... I just don't have any extra Shanna's right now.

@Zangetsu @Faustino I don't see it.

You could probably replace all reference to FE with literally any other franchise and get the same results. I'm still salty that Splatfests system of "can't find an enemy team OH WELL go play with team ketchup AGAIN you ketchupian loser" renders the less popular side the winner.

Edited by Xenomata

They should rename the Voting Gauntlet the Period.  They both last a little less than a week once a month, and eveyone is cranky during it.

Literally my Twitter feed right now:

"Shanna won the Gauntlet. I'm honestly disgusted by the #FEHeroes community. Hope you're happy your garbage Pegasus Knight crushed a number of better written characters. Another reason why Tate is a superior Peg Knight. I'm ashamed at Team Takumi for giving up in the last hour."

Just a chain of this copypasta. Thanks Shanna for breaking my Twitter! :D

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

it's even more pathetic to continue reading after the first page without the foresight to understand that you are likely not going to enjoy what comes next and then take the time to, without having had made any other statements or give an opinion on the matter, call everyone pathetic just because they give a crap or are unsatisfied with the results.

we are all already on a web forum dedicated to a single video game franchise, that makes us kind of pathetic to begin with, in this case it would be most appreciated if you would get off your high horse or stop with your constant "this is why you are considered the worst fanbase" because it is getting old.

15 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Well fan is short for fanatic
Guessing you've never seen football fans? they're much worse i tell you, atleast these fire emblem fans actually have some sort of impact on the gauntlet itself.
But then again, it's just sore losers getting salty... Almost everyone is competitive at their core, some just don't know how to take it as good as others do

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Besides, we still have a long way to go before we match the Sonic fanbase in terms of toxicity.

You know what, great idea.

let's voting gauntlet some sonic things. Who wants to hire the salt miners?

Edited by Xenomata

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Zangetsu @Faustino I don't see it.

You could probably replace all reference to FE with literally any other franchise and get the same results. I'm still salty that Splatfests system of "can't find an enemy team OH WELL go play with team ketchup AGAIN you ketchupian loser" renders the less popular side the winner.

Agreed. Whenever people say things like that it makes me wonder if they've even seen other fandoms. Any fandom is the worst depending on who you ask.

Congrats to Shanna, though. I sided with Soren at first but went to her after Soren lost, not expecting her to win but happy she did.