Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They should rename the Voting Gauntlet the Period.  They both last a little less than a week once a month, and eveyone is cranky during it.

Agreed. This stopped being a popularity contest long ago and the mode name needs to reflect that.

Maybe call it something silly like "Fest Royale" or something like that. I have absolutely no imagination for naming things

Beautiful name suggestion btw, it shows the aftermath perfectly.

Edited by Alexmender

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They should rename the Voting Gauntlet the Period.  They both last a little less than a week once a month, and eveyone is cranky during it.

God damn it Rezzy. Why are you just the best?

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Agreed. Whenever people say things like that it makes me wonder if they've even seen other fandoms. Any fandom is the worst depending on who you ask.

Congrats to Shanna, though. I sided with Soren at first but went to her after Soren lost, not expecting her to win but happy she did.

I was Ryoma because he clearly has the best hair, but then went to Takumi because second best. I stopped caring who won once it became evident I was locked into Takumi.

As a long-haired gent myself, I feel a deep-seeded need to always side with the guy with the best hair-do in a contest of hair, females... well I'll side with them if there are no good male doos left, but damn them otherwise.

I have an idea for how to shake up the VG. What if instead of multipliers, the current underdog team were given more flags and had their match cooldown removed? This way, the losing team would actually have to fight harder to get ahead.

12 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Literally my Twitter feed right now:

"Shanna won the Gauntlet. I'm honestly disgusted by the #FEHeroes community. Hope you're happy your garbage Pegasus Knight crushed a number of better written characters. Another reason why Tate is a superior Peg Knight. I'm ashamed at Team Takumi for giving up in the last hour."

Just a chain of this copypasta. Thanks Shanna for breaking my Twitter! :D

I mean, I may be happy that Shanna won and all... but Tate/Thea is definitely the superior Pegasus Knight between them.

I don't want to get too involved in this whole "debate" here, but I will say that the VG is much more enjoyable when you don't take it too seriously. I join my favorite character, I get to try out some units from my Friend List, and sometimes I get feathers. It's far from a perfect mode, and I'm almost never on the winning team, but I still have some fun with it.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I mean, I may be happy that Shanna won and all... but Tate/Thea is definitely the superior Pegasus Knight between them.

I… think I’m more into the older ladies of the series actually. Juno, Cecilia, Reina, you get my drift. Hmm.

Am I already that old?

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Just tell me when they put this whole idea on Menopause. I hope it's soon because it looks like its age is showing now and its passionate youthful golden years are over.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

but Tate/Thea is definitely the superior Pegasus Knight between them.

Juno is best character, Thea is best fighter.

17 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

it's even more pathetic to continue reading after the first page without the foresight to understand that you are likely not going to enjoy what comes next and then take the time to, without having had made any other statements or give an opinion on the matter, call everyone pathetic just because they give a crap or are unsatisfied with the results.

we are all already on a web forum dedicated to a single video game franchise, that makes us kind of pathetic to begin with, in this case it would be most appreciated if you would get off your high horse or stop with your constant "this is why you are considered the worst fanbase" because it is getting old.

There's a difference between being upset & overreacting. You're not nearly as profound as trying to make yourself out to be.

16 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Well fan is short for fanatic
Guessing you've never seen football fans? they're much worse i tell you, atleast these fire emblem fans actually have some sort of impact on the gauntlet itself.
But then again, it's just sore losers getting salty... Almost everyone is competitive at their core, some just don't know how to take it as good as others do

You mean how they start riot over a game? I'm very much aware. Definition changes over time.

26 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I'm kind of glad I just skimmed through all the salt that came from Shanna's victory. I'm mad at myself for wasting my flags on non-multiplier hours but that's a whole other issue and isn't relevant here.

People are free to be salty/disappointed/angry because their favorites lost (every single time I watch a soccer game with some friends who support opposing teams it always ends as a salt fest no matter how fair/unfair/whatever the game was) and it's understandable but I feel attacking those who supported the winner is going too far.

In the first place this Gauntlet was made to see basically who had the best hair out of these characters. If people misunderstood and took it as voting for their favorites that's on them, out of every VG this was the least serious and now many are whining like crazy. Even the guys on Reddit are more chill about this and they tend to be extremely salty about everything.

This is honestly more surprising than it should be all things considered. QFT

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I… think I’m more into the older ladies of the series actually. Juno, Cecilia, Reina, you get my drift. Hmm.

Am I already that old?

For what it's worth, Juno is a very close second. I blame Catria bias for why I like Thea. Cecilia's great too, I was super happy when I saw that she was in Heroes. FE could really use more older characters, honestly.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just tell me when they put this whole idea on Menopause. I hope it's soon because it looks like its age is showing now and its passionate youthful golden years are over.

Juno is best character, Thea is best fighter.

I think you let your puns from the General thread leak over to this thread.

Again, I pretty much like Thea because I like Catria :P Juno gets bonus points for being the most unique of the Pegasus sisters in FE6 though. I like to use them both when I play FE6, regardless.. Shanna... Shanna can provide emotional support on the sidelines.

In the bigger picture, Takumi is the better unit in terms of gameplay anyway, just let the Desperation fodder have a small victory and chance of the spotlight I guess

The winner isn't who's the best written character or anything. It's hair.

But yeah I can understand the frustration of losing in the last hour suddenly and multiplier shenanigans (Frederick was so close) but it's best to just get popcorn and appreciate the memes.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of which, isn’t Orochi on the older side too?

I think so? I don't remember for sure, but it would make sense, considering both she and Reina served for Mikoto. Although the wiki says that she was a childhood friend of Kagero's, so make of that what you will.

I have no idea how we got to topic of desiring older women, but I really don't mind all thing considered.

49 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Zangetsu @Faustino I don't see it.

You could probably replace all reference to FE with literally any other franchise and get the same results. I'm still salty that Splatfests system of "can't find an enemy team OH WELL go play with team ketchup AGAIN you ketchupian loser" renders the less popular side the winner.

Sturgeon Law does apply but you do want to give people a certain benefit of the doubt here, no matter how many times you get crush by it.

Hurray for team Shanna! The little pegasus knight that could. (Kinda late I know)

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think so? I don't remember for sure, but it would make sense, considering both she and Reina served for Mikoto. Although the wiki says that she was a childhood friend of Kagero's, so make of that what you will.

I always figured Kagero was on the older side so it’s possible for all three of them to be around the same age

I'm not sure if Orochi or Kagero are really "old". At least Kagero seems to be around the same age as Saizo, who I'm pretty sure is about the same age as Kaze, who himself was at least in his single digit age if not early double digits when Corrin was first kidnapped? I think they just all have older mannerisms and speech.

But if you wanna talk older women... eh. You do you. I'm completely out of place in that regard. Don't even care much for women my own age, and I think I'm still going through annoying hormones.

13 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I have no idea how we got to topic of desiring older women, but I really don't mind all thing considered.

Sturgeon Law does apply but you do want to give people a certain benefit of the doubt here, no matter how many times you get crush by it.

To be fair I am of the "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice jklol" mindset...

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Skylorella Con said:

Shanna did not deserve this win at all.

I always preferred Tate over her anyway now I'm gonna make sure she's benched in all my play throughs.

Now I'm upset, First Soren and now Takumi. 

Over a FE mobile game? I mean, play the game how you want to play but I find that an extremely odd thing to do, specifically as retaliation to the gauntlet results.

ANYWAYS, I'm glad Shanna won. I thought she was pretty cool in Binding Blade and I liked to use her, so, good for her. I honestly thought Takumi would've won because he's a lord character and he's from Fates, but nope! So that was a pleasant surprise. Nice to see older FE characters do indeed stand a chance.

I'm also glad I just choose to support characters I like rather than who I think will win. Makes it much more enjoyable. And you know what? If the character I like doesn't win, it's fine. It's just a free mobile game and it will never be worth the effort to complain about something like this.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But if you wanna talk older women... eh. You do you. I'm completely out of place in that regard. Don't even care much for women my own age, and I think I'm still going through annoying hormones.

Maybe it’s already the time for me to look for the women more of my “age category”, so to say. Dunno.

Well, I certainly got my amusement.

Team Shanna earned more points in the last hour without a multiplier than it did in the hour of their first multiplier this round.

'Grats to Team Shanna for a spectacular rally. That seriously exceeded all of my expectations.

I'm a bit sad from a narrative standpoint. Takumi avenging both his siblings was right there and would have been neat and all. But I'm not all that mad.

Guess sometimes people can surprise you. The feathers really made the difference this time :P.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I'm a bit sad from a narrative standpoint. Takumi avenging both his siblings was right there and would have been neat and all. But I'm not all that mad.

Guess sometimes people can surprise you. The feathers really made the difference this time :P.

Well, Ephraim tried to avenge Eirika too. That didn't help him much against Lucina.

And it's not just feathers, it's also the fact that Shanna is easy to get, compared to anyone else, except maybe Soren.

Just now, Kruggov said:

And it's not just feathers, it's also the fact that Shanna is easy to get, compared to anyone else, except maybe Soren.

I know there were other reasons (Not wanting someone from Fates to win, actually finding her surprise victories worth joining her, I could go on). But she is easily the easiest to get, what with being 3-4* and all, unlike everyone else, where most are still 5* only.

Congrats to Team Shanna. :):  I kind of saw it coming when I saw the numbers for the second last hour.  They were going hard with the flags, that’s for sure.

I’ve been reading through the posts in this thread, and I strongly agree with what @Alkaid, @Sunwoo, and @kcirrot had to say.  I was always nodding along (inside my head, heh) to their posts.

Anyway~!  Here are my thoughts:

I’m a little surprised by all the posts about how 'fair' the end result of this gauntlet was.  Nothing about the voting gauntlet is really fair-and-square anymore, and I think the lower multiplier threshold makes the winner even more of a toss-up now… Perhaps even favouring the losing teams.  The absence of a multiplier in the last several hours doesn’t change the fact that Shanna won because of the multiplier.  She benefited greatly from it for a good chunk of this round.  Without it, she wouldn't have caught up with Takumi (or even made it past the first round to begin with).  The voting gauntlet stopped being fair a long time ago, and now it's just a silly game mode where anything goes.  It is what it is.  :P:

Takumi’s team was ~2x the size of Shanna’s, I think.  As others have mentioned, I believe the reason she won is because a lot of people joined her team seeking more feathers due to easier ranking, which led to that huge spike at the end.  The people who care enough about their rank to join the underdog for more feathers (nothing wrong with that!) are probably also the types of people who save their feathers for the end in hopes of a glorious 7x+ multiplier.  People on the larger team might be spending their flags earlier in the round since there are less multipliers.  I’m betting a lot of Takumi’s team ran out of flags near the end.

My issue with the current system is that people are penalized for joining larger teams now.  Before, joining the larger team guaranteed you 500 victory feathers & joining the losing team made up for it by having easier ranking.  It was pretty fair rewards-wise, in my opinion.  I didn't really care about the winner because of that.  However, now that the losing team is more likely to win due to the lower multiplier threshold, people on larger teams miss out on ranking feathers and victory feathers.  I have to admit I’m a little disappointed because I joined the losing team all 3 times this time (Ryoma -> Amelia -> Takumi).  Less feathers for moi!  :sob:

Overall, I can’t say I’m a huge fan of this game mode in its current state.  I would much prefer we go back to a system without a multiplier or even a 2x/3x one with a 10% threshold again.  I know some people like it the way it is now because it’s more exciting, which does make sense.  I can understand that.  :^_^:

I don’t personally see IS axing the voting gauntlet.  It gets people excited and talking more about their game, as silly as it is.  They probably like that, right?   (Look at the page count of this thread, after all!) 

Oh my god… I typed up a novel there.  Sorry about that. 

---

My Ranks:

Team Takumi: 816,134 – Rank 8722 (Shouldn’t have held on to 800 flags for the end, heh.  I did spent them… Just not on multiplier hours.)

Total Score (Ryoma/Amelia/Takumi): 2,648,662 – Rank 4187

Edited by Infinite Dreams