Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just woke up with a massive headache, saw my fave lost, and only got garbage again on pulling for Nekura. Maybe I should just head back to bed...

I'd like to say GG to Team Shanna though. You did a good job and I am proud of all of you. (at least the ones not currently indulging in Schadenfreude at least.)

What the heck ? How did she done more than 1 billion points without a multiplier ? I'm quite amazed.

Well, my friend won. Happy for him. Lucky for you.

*go comfort Takumi with an archery contest*

Looks like my callout to Shanna (back on page 60) to save flags for the last hour worked! It looks like team Takumi overreacted (fitting for their character!) and they failed to even catch up through fear of the multiplier. Thanks for the 500 feathers, everyone!

Edited by The_antithesis

THE ABSOLUTE MADWOMAN ACTUALLY DID IT?!

Seriously though Shana and Karel were the characters I expected to lose right away so seeing her win a gauntlet is a surprise to say the least. Still, it's kind of cool to see a Japan only character at the top.

25 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Looks like my callout to Shanna (back on page 60) to save flags for the last hour worked! It looks like team Takumi overreacted (fitting for their character!) and they failed to even catch up through fear of the multiplier. Thanks for the 500 feathers, everyone!

With no multiplier, it will not do any difference to spend them in the final hour or not. The sole fact I can understand for what happened is Shanna's team getting more flags.

41 minutes ago, Logos said:

This voting gauntlet was rigged by Nohrian scums, who have infiltrated it to kill all the Hoshidians.

No, it was us Ilian scum.

You could say our tactics, like our homeland, was...

...cold.

Oh my, oh my, some people need to open up their eyes some time soon, it would definitely help...

Ludicrous outrage over RNG and the lack of relevant consequences (500 feathers people, Takumi is still more popular); talk about fairness after a contestant has been carried around for laps until the final lap, where with unused stamina (flags) the same contestant defeated the competition "fairly"; ignoring how Ryoma would have stomped everyone without multiplier (not actually advocating FOR the multiplier, either, since I pretty much "hate" this mode for being so boring to me); talk about rigged (I kinda see an argument for the Ninian vs Corrin underperformance, but this one is easily explained with the mountains of leftover flags and the lack of any sensible reason for IS to rig in favor of Shanna); the illusion of having contributed meaningfully as an individual; and so on. Still baffles me after all this time.

Well, first time the underdog wins aaaaaand.... it's still the same faulty and boring mode. Personally, I really need something more interesting than this. I can't be invested in random nonsense. Next to the non-existent luck on the gauntlet banners, I also failed big time with the last round for the feather gain. That one hour of underperformance really hit hard. Oh well, not that I am in urgent need of feathers right now, though I do want to build my first +10 beauty. 60k to go

To anyone worked up about this mode, sleep over it and forget about it since it will have no actual impact on your life; you will soon enough, either way.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

This is the first gauntlet in which I didn't use all my flags. I'm used to seeing zero on the final results screen - these leftovers taunt me. This is A G O N Y

Even though I did this to myself, I demand apology orbs and a free five star copy of all of the voting gauntlet winners thus far! Screenshot_2017-11-12-04-11-16_opt.png.b7caf9fade9ffad5293013a4b168d119.png

It's nice that we're all a few feathers richer~

I'm closer to getting +1 nino thanks to this. Or maybe this should go to gronnraven+ for inigo. Hmm. Anyway, good game to all.

Honestly... everyone is just saying how bad and broken the gauntlet is....

But I see this gauntlet as the perfect way to get fan art of characters that didnt have much fan art drawn before.

Fae was adorable during the dragon gauntlet. and i felt super happy seeing Thany art in the gauntlet.

I personally hope the gauntlet doesnt go away ust so we see more fanart. thats my one reason to want this mode to stay.

Man, I am starting to think Desperation is overpowered!

In all seriousness though, yay! I don't much care for Takumi design wise and character wise I found him a bit dull. As such I am happy for Shanna to win, even if I thought Catria was her for a second. I am a bit miffed that I has 600 flags left. Multiplier drought was not fun. It looks like Shanna got 19 multipliers and Takumi got 12. So both teams technically had plenty of hours to burn flags during. In my case I just missed a few and late on I decided sleep was worth more than spending my remaining flags on non-multiplier hours. I like Sleep.

I think this changed my mind on my next avi/sig.  Sorry Nagito, but Shanna theme's coming back.

Anyway

Woohoo, we won!  I don't even care if it was because of the multiplier, we did it!  I genuinely wasn't expecting this at all, as evidenced by my early posts in this thread generally being "man we're doomed."  Shanna's my favorite girl in FE6, and always a MVP in my runs (aside from Wolt of course).  I would have been perfectly fine with a Takumi win, but I'm genuinely impressed by this~

So... IS, can we have a FE6 remake then?

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I definitely feel you. except for CYL and Takumi in round 2 of this gauntlet, my team has lost literally every round every time in the last five months or so. And many of my teams are upset by the multiplier now too. I need the extra victory feathers since I don't get as many feathers in general as other players. I"m not as skilled at the game. But if I have to keep losing in the gauntlet because my team is upset by multipliers and stuff, I can't do that.

Omg! ;-; Same with me.

Ephraim lost, Leo lost (twice, no wait 3 times) Minerva lost, Now Soren and Takumi.

Cyl was by far the best gauntlet, I loved how Ike steamrolled everyone.

Is it so wrong for us to have another male winner? Now I'm going to mope around all day and drown in my misary.

Best way to gain feathers is actually joining the weaker team, that way you'll get more multipliers and more chances to use flags. The higher the score, the more feathers you gain.

49 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Omg! ;-; Same with me.

Ephraim lost, Leo lost (twice, no wait 3 times) Minerva lost, Now Soren and Takumi.

Cyl was by far the best gauntlet, I loved how Ike steamrolled everyone.

Is it so wrong for us to have another male winner? Now I'm going to mope around all day and drown in my misary.

Best way to gain feathers is actually joining the weaker team, that way you'll get more multipliers and more chances to use flags. The higher the score, the more feathers you gain.

Yeah, but characters I actually care to join tend to have the bigger teams, somehow... Even Summer Freddy had the bigger team by a small margin! And sometimes I'm not able to battle in the gauntlet all day. And I know I get more feathers with a higher score, that's obvious. xP

CYL was awesome and yet really bad at the same time, imo. Awesome because yeah, Ike won it all and I was on his team the whole way since he's my top fav!  But also really bad because of how some people reacted to it. That was awful.

On average, I only get one team win per gauntlet. The only two times where I got multiple team wins in one gauntlet were the healer gauntlet (was on Elise's team the whole way), and CYL since Ike. That's pretty sad to me. I'd like some more.

Edited by Anacybele

For all of you people saying that Takumi got robbed. Did he really though? He had a lead and a larger team going into the final hour and got outscored by over 20%

Team Takumi was 60% larger and yet in the last 20 hours he only scored about 10% more points on his multipliers than Shanna did on hers.

Team Shanna earned this win by putting up seriously impressive numbers through the final three hours. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 1,157,401,820 points that Shann put up in the final hour is a record for the highest non-multiplier hour in any gauntlet.

I'm with @Ice Dragon as far as the entertainment of this gauntlet goes. For me, this match-up outdid Chrom V Ephraim.

Personnally I have warmed up to the 1% differnce for a multiplier. This is definitely the best it has ever been. There are so many bonus hours that you can use your flags when you are awake and able and you don't have to worry about them happening so few and far between that you miss them all.

It is literally pick your favorite character and not just the favorite, because now the favorites aren't guaranteed to win.

So far my results have been

Sharena<Lucina<Lucina

Camilla<Camilla<Camilla

Linde<Leo<Robin 

Elise<Elise<Elise

S!Corrin<S!Corrin<S!Corrin

Lyn<Lyn (ugh -_-)<Camilla 

Nowi<Corrin<Corrin

Katarina<Soren<Shanna

So far I had three loses (although I joined Lucina begrudgingly so maybe make that theee and a half). The Battle of the Mages was a result of me just absolutely refusing to join Tharja. CYL is... self explanatory, and I decided to join Camilla out of spite (I don’t dislike her tbh, even after her upset). Dragon gauntlet I was pretty ambivalent to most of the characters aside from Nowi and Corrin, and Nowi got upset early while Corrin struggled against Sophia of all people.

6 hours ago, Thany said:

x9309x94nhxz.png

Once again, This was a surprizingly fun gauntlet when we thought it was just a joke,

Thanks to everyone for letting such a moment like this happen.

this is so cute! do you have a source for it, or did you draw it yourself? i wanted to share it with a few friends

Edited by unique

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

God damn it Rezzy. Why are you just the best?

9 hours ago, Falcom said:

Dammit @Rezzy! I only just realized how glorious that new name suggestion is.

I do what I can!

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I… think I’m more into the older ladies of the series actually. Juno, Cecilia, Reina, you get my drift. Hmm.

Am I already that old?

Isn't Cecilia in her mid twenties and Juno just had a baby? 

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just tell me when they put this whole idea on Menopause. I hope it's soon because it looks like its age is showing now and its passionate youthful golden years are over.

Juno is best character, Thea is best fighter.

Sad to say I never used Juno much, since she joins so late.  I probably should.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of which, isn’t Orochi on the older side too?

Old?  What does that make me?

8 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think so? I don't remember for sure, but it would make sense, considering both she and Reina served for Mikoto. Although the wiki says that she was a childhood friend of Kagero's, so make of that what you will.

8 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Hurray for team Shanna! The little pegasus knight that could. (Kinda late I know)

I always figured Kagero was on the older side so it’s possible for all three of them to be around the same age

I think the ninjas and Orochi are in their early to mid twenties.

6 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

My issue with the current system is that people are penalized for joining larger teams now.  Before, joining the larger team guaranteed you 500 victory feathers & joining the losing team made up for it by having easier ranking.  It was pretty fair rewards-wise, in my opinion.  I didn't really care about the winner because of that.  However, now that the losing team is more likely to win due to the lower multiplier threshold, people on larger teams miss out on ranking feathers and victory feathers.  I have to admit I’m a little disappointed because I joined the losing team all 3 times this time (Ryoma -> Amelia -> Takumi).  Less feathers for moi!  :sob:

You say point for point the same thing I've been saying since the stacking multiplier was introduced.

48 minutes ago, unique said:

this is so cute! do you have a source for it, or did you draw it yourself? i wanted to share it with a few friends

It’s was on Reddit but it doesn’t have a preview image for it for some reason. Glad I found it tho.

I'm destined to always be on a losing team lol. I've won twice out eight gauntlets. Well this one was fun and there's not a huge outcry like the cyl one.

Congrats to the unexpected Shanna for winning. Takumi is more popular yet Shanna managed to secure that victory. She deserves it for how well her team managed their flags.

@Rezzy: I always pictured Cecilia as closer to thirty, but not quite there. 26 to 28, maybe? That’s most probably one of my stupid headcanons, for what it’s worth.

Maybe it’s my association of Titania with you (and vice versa), she is slightly over thirty in my head. As we recently went over in the GenDisc thread, Boyd compares her with his mother, to their mutual chagrin.

Orochi looks younger than Reina, for sure, but they were both retainers to Mikoto, who must have had Corrin no earlier than 15, which makes her over thirty as well, and closer to 35. Reina looks close to this age.

Then again, I’m 25 in two months, so I am definitely biased.

we wisecats live long and multiple lives

7 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I’m a little surprised by all the posts about how 'fair' the end result of this gauntlet was.  Nothing about the voting gauntlet is really fair-and-square anymore, and I think the lower multiplier threshold makes the winner even more of a toss-up now… Perhaps even favouring the losing teams.  The absence of a multiplier in the last several hours doesn’t change the fact that Shanna won because of the multiplier.  She benefited greatly from it for a good chunk of this round.  Without it, she wouldn't have caught up with Takumi (or even made it past the first round to begin with).  The voting gauntlet stopped being fair a long time ago, and now it's just a silly game mode where anything goes.  It is what it is.  :P:

The reason why I called Shanna's win "fair and square" is because she won based on how the rules of the game are laid out from the beginning, and that's how everything played until the very end and what gave Shanna the win. She benefited from the multiplayer in the early rounds, yes, but that doesn't make the win unfair, because that is how the game plays.

Now, if the argument is that the rules of the gauntlet are unfair, I can see and even agree with that. I presume the devs want to make a system where it's possible for the underdog to win (like what happened here) but without making it a popularity contest. We could have a whole argument on how the rules of the gauntlet are unfair and how they could be improved, but that's another discussion for another thread.

As you said, it is what it is.