Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

Oof, this is what I miss when my PC is broken and my phone is weird with SF again. :S

On 2017-11-10 at 4:57 AM, Alkaid said:

I hope she's been doing well! I've been getting @Lord-Zero's Eliwood a lot today too, plus @ZeManaphy's Brave Lucina, and I think @Tactician_Iris's Ryoma. (at least I'm pretty sure it's been hers)

And of course your Celica as well. I'm surprised to be getting more than 2-3 units a round this gauntlet, it's pretty nice. 

Sorry for the late reply, but, if the name was Ilia, then yes, that was probably my Ryoma, I hope he helped out.^^
As a Team Ryoma refugee that joined team Takumi, I ended up fielding Ryoma since I thought it would be fitting to let him fight on his brother's behalf. :)

I got your Cordelia a few times too in round 3, and I'm happy to report that she swooped down on the enemy hard whenever she showed up.

In a similar vein, I ought to give a shout-out to:

@Infinite Dreams PA!Inigo - he's always such a treat when he shows up, one step left, a Reinhardt gone, one right, a Brave!Lyn bows out, aaand curtains! :3
@Jingle Jangle's Halloween!Henry - he never failed to Trick up any Blues that stood in the way for a sweet victory Treat. He also reminds me I should start scrambling on training mine up.

On my end, I returned to fielding PA!Azura for round 3, I figured her Urðr and Dark Song would be versatile enough to help out on most matchups - I hope she was helpful to anyone who got her.

For the last hours of round 3 I fielded Hinoka so she could get the same oppurtunity as Ryoma got. Dunno if she showed up for anyone though, considering how late it was that I set her as lead, but hey, it's the thought that counts no?

~

Anyway, no matter the results, this VG had interesting moments on my end, with one highlight being this match in round 1:

Spoiler

A9Kd7Iy.png

Oof RNG. Luckily, Reposition shenanigans to the rescue.
That said, it made for an amusing post-battle victory march though:

xIQyebJ.png

"For a limited time only, Anna Inc. presents: 'Lobsters on parade!' Secure your commemorative photo for only [Price Redacted], and for Silver Card holders, 50% off!"

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1700+2200+2300+1400= 7600 feathers in a single week & a Ryoma I've always wanted from summoning. Not bad for an event that I'll forget about happening by the end of the week. When I saw banners for the first time; it never accord to me that they were Voting Gauntlet. I want to call it the Electoral College Gauntlet due to the salt that's always being thrown around when the results come in.

46 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Rezzy: I always pictured Cecilia as closer to thirty, but not quite there. 26 to 28, maybe? That’s most probably one of my stupid headcanons, for what it’s worth.

Maybe it’s my association of Titania with you (and vice versa), she is slightly over thirty in my head. As we recently went over in the GenDisc thread, Boyd compares her with his mother, to their mutual chagrin.

Orochi looks younger than Reina, for sure, but they were both retainers to Mikoto, who must have had Corrin no earlier than 15, which makes her over thirty as well, and closer to 35. Reina looks close to this age.

Then again, I’m 25 in two months, so I am definitely biased.

we wisecats live long and multiple lives

Ceclia being mid to late twenties sounds about right.  I suppose it was anyone in their twenties being considered old was making me feel even older by comparison.

Retainers need not be the same age as their liege.  Gunter is far older than Corrin, and I'm guessing most of Garon's retainers are much younger than him.

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I'm with @Ice Dragon as far as the entertainment of this gauntlet goes. For me, this match-up outdid Chrom V Ephraim.

I was not awake at the time when Shanna rised back, and since I was Team Takumi, I would be frustrated. But after seeing what happened, this was clearly an amazing match-up. But to me, not as great as Chrom VS Ephraim (but yeah, it's a question of point of view).

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

It is literally pick your favorite character and not just the favorite, because now the favorites aren't guaranteed to win.

I agree completely about this, though. Shanna show us the way. Most people were complaining about the multiplier, but for the first time, the VG showed his real potential. I'm just sad that it was Shanna who did it, and not Katarina. But that's the game.

I'm still amazed by her comeback, tho. I'm not salt. Just amazed.

3 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

@Jingle Jangle's Halloween!Henry - he never failed to Trick up any Blues that stood in the way for a sweet victory Treat. He also reminds me I should start scrambling on training mine up.

Trust me he's worth the investment for being a strong mage tank while having the power to  fight back.

Shanna only won because she's a girl. Literally no one cares enough about male characters unless it's a certain guy named "Ike". Throw any other female against any other male and the female always wins. Like, who honestly cares about Shanna compared to freaking Takumi? Oh but wait, she's a girl! 

Wish more people would care about actual character personalities... but since I assume this fanbase is filled with young dudes, what else do I expect to happen.

EDIT: ...just realized that this could come off as offensive, sorry about that. I guess I was just too salty about one of my favorite characters losing... 

Edited by Dandee Leone

10 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Shanna only won because she's a girl. Literally no one cares enough about male characters unless it's a certain guy named "Ike". Throw any other female against any other male and the female always wins. Like, who honestly cares about Shanna compared to freaking Takumi? Oh but wait, she's a girl! 

Wish more people would care about actual character personalities... but since I assume this fanbase is filled with young dudes, what else do I expect to happen.

Takumi had a larger team than Shanna did, he lost because Shanna's team started spamming leftover flags at the last second after the multiplier seemed like it wouldn't come.  Shanna also had the benefit of more people having her (she was given away for free at one point, vs Takumi being 5* exclusive) for a 10% boost in points for a lot of Shanna members, being a "featherhunting" choice, and memes after her previous two upsets.  

So no, she didn't win just because she's female.

Also, I care about Shanna as a resident FE6 fangirl, though Takumi was my secondary choice for the gauntlet.  She's a pretty cheerful and likable character, and I really like her support with Roy in particular.  

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Takumi had a larger team than Shanna did, he lost because Shanna's team started spamming leftover flags at the last second after the multiplier seemed like it wouldn't come.  Shanna also had the benefit of more people having her (she was given away for free at one point, vs Takumi being 5* exclusive) for a 10% boost in points for a lot of Shanna members, being a "featherhunting" choice, and memes after her previous two upsets.  

So no, she didn't win just because she's female.

Also, I care about Shanna as a resident FE6 fangirl, though Takumi was my secondary choice for the gauntlet.  She's a pretty cheerful and likable character, and I really like her support with Roy in particular.  

I actually forgot about the multiplier (as this is the only the second voting gauntlet I participated it). Hence why in hindsight my post just across as offensive. I edited my acknowledgement of this in the post. Gotta contain my salt better :).

14 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

EDIT: ...just realized that this could come off as offensive, sorry about that. I guess I was just too salty about one of my favorite characters losing... 

Uh, going by the first hour numbers she had like half the amount of supporters as Takumi in the last round. She won because of the multiplier, not because she's a girl and got more support than Takumi.

Also, found this on Reddit regarding the score differences, using their score tracker:

Spoiler

l43VnwK.png

Best FE6 girl's rally was quite impressive really.  It was interesting to see.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

1 hour ago, Dandee Leone said:

I hate to be blunt, but that is honestly a very ignorant claim. 

We had several other male characters win over female characters in the past. Subaki beat Beruka. Male Corrin beat Tiki. For as many people I see complain about female Corrin being more popular than her male counterpart simply because of her gender,  these same people fail to mention how male Robin beats out his female version. In other words, being male does not always mean they’re defaultly the underdog.

There are many other factors to consider: people who wanted more feather rewards, people who dislike Takumi/Fates in general, people who genuinely like or at least curious about Shanna as a character, Team Shanna hoarding more flags, etc. 

I’m aware you clarified a bit ago but please don’t make these hasty generalizations that are nonsense.

darn, i didn't even get to spend my flags because i was at work for the final hours. unranked in Takumi's army rip..i'm not salty about Shanna winning because of that impressive pull through at the end w/no multiplier aid. however...Takumi's hair > Shanna's hair. pineapple is irresistible.  that's all >) now back to playing Thracia and crying.

Edited by wizzard of soz

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I think the ninjas and Orochi are in their early to mid twenties.

Same.  Kinda weird to think that people consider them "on the older side", haha.

6 hours ago, Jave said:

The reason why I called Shanna's win "fair and square" is because she won based on how the rules of the game are laid out from the beginning, and that's how everything played until the very end and what gave Shanna the win. She benefited from the multiplayer in the early rounds, yes, but that doesn't make the win unfair, because that is how the game plays.

Now, if the argument is that the rules of the gauntlet are unfair, I can see and even agree with that. I presume the devs want to make a system where it's possible for the underdog to win (like what happened here) but without making it a popularity contest. We could have a whole argument on how the rules of the gauntlet are unfair and how they could be improved, but that's another discussion for another thread.

As you said, it is what it is.

Yeah, I agree with you on that point.  Can't argue with that.  :^_^:

I think I just find the word "fair" to be an unfitting choice of words for this type of competition.  I don't take issue with the way you worded it in your posts, though.  

I disagreed more with people using the word "fair" along with "she won without a multiplier".  She had 19 multiplier hours this round to help her catch up to Takumi.  (Part of me wonders if I would be seeing the same kinds of posts if F-Corrin beat Ninian the same way Shanna beat Takumi.)

6 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

@Infinite Dreams PA!Inigo - he's always such a treat when he shows up, one step left, a Reinhardt gone, one right, a Brave!Lyn bows out, aaand curtains! :3

Awww, you're so sweet!  Thanks for the shout-out. :D: <3

I know I’m late but here’s my little rant. 

Incoming salt. You have been warned.

I wouldn’t have minded losing to Amelia but it’s losing to Shanna’s band of bandwagoners that never truly cared about her, salty IkexSoren shippers and feather mercs that rustled my jimmies. Well, you finally got your underdog winner, IS. Now proceed to can this poor excuse of a mode for good. Entertaining? Nothing will ever top Chrom VS Ephraim. The only reason Shanna even made it to the finals was because she Blue Shelled Amelia. All this mode has done is to further divide the fanbase as well as bringing the worst out of most of the fanbase. 

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Nothing will ever top Chrom VS Ephraim. 

I may be the only one in the fandom who didn’t care about Chrom vs. Ephraim in the slightest. Chrom is meh and Ephraim is Ike-grade overrated so whatever.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I may be the only one in the fandom who didn’t care about Chrom vs. Ephraim in the slightest. Chrom is meh and Ephraim is Ike-grade overrated so whatever.

Ephraim’s “disgusting” meme worked miracles for him. It was just very good timing and there was good sportsmanship from both sides. Nothing like the recent gauntlets. We knew the winner was going to be crushed by Lucina but it was truly fun. 

I feel sorry for the guys who really supported Takumi and lost due to the multiplier.  I was on Team Shanna, but I would have been annoyed were I in their shoes.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Ephraim’s “disgusting” meme worked miracles for him. It was just very good timing and there was good sportsmanship from both sides. Nothing like the recent gauntlets. We knew the winner was going to be crushed by Lucina but it was truly fun. 

Were you one of the people in favor of the multiplier, or am I thinking of someone else?

4 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

The only Fates game I played was Conquest, and in my playthrough Takumi seemed like a somewhat one-dimensional character, with his over-the-top anger towards Nohr.  I was glad to see Shanna win.  I saved 400 feathers for a potential late multiplier that never happened, so I dumped them in the last hour.  I'm assuming this was many others' strategy as well.  My opinion is that male FE characters were mostly good until the 3ds games, so I don't totally agree with your theory.  But it is probably true that most of FEH's revenue comes from weebs spending thousands of dollars to get their waifus.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I feel sorry for the guys who really supported Takumi and lost due to the multiplier.  I was on Team Shanna, but I would have been annoyed were I in their shoes.

Were you one of the people in favor of the multiplier, or am I thinking of someone else?

I was in favor of the multiplier. I just wish IS would just drop the whole “popularity” aspect of the mode because Shanna certainly didn’t win due to her being “popular”. She won thanks to the multiplier otherwise the finals woud have been pretty different. Now it feels like a strange case where some people who once opposed the multiplier now praise it because it helped them defeat “NuFE”. 

Oh well, I hope Tuesday’s stream brings positive news. 

@Charmeleonbrah Waifu power is strong. It seems that unless you’re Ike, no other male stands a chance. 

I see a lot of people looking at first hour scores as an indication of the bigger team. But in this meta of feather mercs, it's just not a safe assumption. Feather mercs will actively not participate in the first hour to maximize the odds of a multiplier in hour 2. Shanna was much more likely the larger team overall, even if most people on the team believed they picked the minority option.

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

I was in favor of the multiplier. I just wish IS would just drop the whole “popularity” aspect of the mode because Shanna certainly didn’t win due to her being “popular”. She won thanks to the multiplier otherwise the finals woud have been pretty different. Now it feels like a strange case where some people who once opposed the multiplier now praise it because it helped them defeat “NuFE”. 

@Charmeleonbrah Waifu power is strong. It seems that unless you’re Ike, no other male stands a chance. 

If the multiplier wasnt a thing, Ryoma likely would have won this time.  The problem with the past Gauntlets was putting the most popular girls up against only moderately popular guys, with the top 3 not even making an appearance until the CYL Gauntlet.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

I see a lot of people looking at first hour scores as an indication of the bigger team. But in this meta of feather mercs, it's just not a safe assumption. Feather mercs will actively not participate in the first hour to maximize the odds of a multiplier in hour 2. Shanna was much more likely the larger team overall, even if most people on the team believed they picked the minority option.

The first hour probably also doesn't include much of America, since it is in the middle if the night for us.

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just logged into this forum for the first time today.  I'm honestly surprised by the reactions.  I thought it was kinda cool that a mostly unused unit managed to pull a last minute upset.  Regarding the multiplier, I think it's like the presidential elections in the U.S.: when the Republicans lose, they want to abolish the Electoral College, and when the Democrats lose they want to abolish it.  So how you feel about the multiplier depends on if your side won or lost.

@Lord-Zero I see you're a fan of Blazing Sword as well.  I think that gaem holds the key to defeating waifus.  If Sain was in the game he could win a Voting Gauntlet.  I could see Marcus doing well too, due to his S+ tier status in the gaem, and the fact he's sort of a meme.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If the multiplier wasnt a thing, Ryoma likely would have won this time.  The problem with the past Gauntlets was putting the most popular girls up against only moderately popular guys, with the top 3 not even making an appearance until the CYL Gauntlet.

The first hour probably also doesn't include much of America, since it is in the middle if the night for us.

The finals would have most likely been Amelia VS Ryoma. Now, if only they’d choose moderately popular girls VS moderately popular guys, maybe we could see a guy that isn’t Ike winning a gauntlet. 

@Glennstavos Feather merc meta also brings a problem to the mercs themselves since there’s so many of them now, their goal of scoring the greatest amount of feathers due to them being in the “minority team” kinda backfires.

@CharmeleonbrahIt’s still my favorite FE game. Sain would be a fine candidate as long as his opponent isn’t the likes of Lyn, Camilla, Lucina, Lute (for some reason), Micaiah, you know, none of the super popular females.

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The finals would have most likely been Amelia VS Ryoma. Now, if only they’d choose moderately popular girls VS moderately popular guys, maybe we could see a guy that isn’t Ike winning a gauntlet. 

@Glennstavos Feather merc meta also brings a problem to the mercs themselves since there’s so many of them now, their goal of scoring the greatest amount of feathers due to them being in the “minority team” kinda backfires.

But it also gave us decisive victories over Hinoka and Takumi as there were no multipliers near the finale of those rounds. So altogether, we hit multipliers hard, forcing a yoyo into another one in two hours, another in two hours, for as long as we can. And being the low key larger team gives us an edge if there are no multipliers at the end. I think we've got good odds. And I only personally had difficulty ranking high in Round 3. Since I was fresh out of flags when that started while other people just flying in may have had a backlog to use.

Has Reinhardt been in a gauntlet yet?  He could win.  He's pretty popular, even though most of us detest seeing Rein in Arena.

Also, it will NEVER stop being funny that a game revolving around cute anime characters has one of the more toxic fanbases in gaming.

@Lord-Zero It's one of my favorite games. 

@Rezzy Cecilia seems to be in her mid-thirties to me.  She is the Etrurian Magic General, and in my mind that would be assigned to a slightly older character; I woud assume Pent is canonically in his thirties, and he formerly held the title. 

Edited by Charmeleonbrah