Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents!  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

Do we have a score predictor yet?

With the current system, it's not like anything in the first 42 hours actually matters, though.

At this point, the only things that you can rely on with any certainty at all are the relative team sizes and the score trends for the last 5 or 6 hours of each round.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I'm team amelia, my friend code is 6441119514 and my name is Crimsonflash, my current lead is a triangle adept swordbreaker Ninian with panic ploy. other options for my lead include fury, vantage, threaten spd, distant def black knight I can also swap threaten spd for fortify armor if you're into that sort of thing. fury, renewal, threaten atk, tiki. So just let me know if you are interested.

Went ahead and sent you a request. Grimoire with a Black Knight lead. I have had good luck so far with my friend list, but given the number of reds I am seeing a Ninian could be quite handy! It is making me considering trading BK out for my Brave Lance Effie.

It’s a shame Katarina isn’t doing as well as I thought. I guess localization really does make a difference. She was much more involved in the story she was in compared to Amelia, and I think she even had her own Xenologue in Awakening, but alas. 

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

Went ahead and sent you a request. Grimoire with a Black Knight lead. I have had good luck so far with my friend list, but given the number of reds I am seeing a Ninian could be quite handy! It is making me considering trading BK out for my Brave Lance Effie.

Alright, you're added, hope the luck stays, I always like getting consistent teams in the voting gauntlets.

58 minutes ago, Johann said:

Ah, yeah, that's my Boey. Was curious to know how he'd do. Dunno about what others need for units, but I'm actually behind on blue clears, so Reinhardt is great (unsurprisingly, when checking my ranking, I see 10/50 of the people near my score are leading with Reinhardt). Let me know if you need other colors mixed in there.

Boey has been great :D

I have had enough greens for the quests so blues or colourless would be great :D

Let me know if/when you want me to change from Reinhardt. I like to put him up because he's a good all rounder (especially since I assume my allies will have a Ryoma to take care of pesky greens lol). I have Innes or Takumi for colourless or can offer Inigo, Naked Xander, Spring Chrom, Michalis or Freddy for greens :) (I have more, but those are the ones I like having as my lead ^.^)

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Boey has been great :D

I have had enough greens for the quests so blues or colourless would be great :D

Let me know if/when you want me to change from Reinhardt. I like to put him up because he's a good all rounder (especially since I assume my allies will have a Ryoma to take care of pesky greens lol). I have Innes or Takumi for colourless or can offer Inigo, Naked Xander, Spring Chrom, Michalis or Freddy for greens :) (I have more, but those are the ones I like having as my lead ^.^)

I'm good on quests now, so no need to change unless you're feeling saucy.

Primary Blues/Colorless that would be most useful are:

• Ursula (+1), with Blarwolf+, Draw Back, Iceberg, Fury or Deathblow, Desperation, and I guess Threaten Res since you might not get Cavalry to buff. She's certain to kill any Cavalry that isn't Cecilia.
  • Felicia (+spd/-def, +1) with Kitty Paddle +, Draw Back, Glacies, Distant Def 3, Guard 3, and Hone Speed. Ultimate mage killer (well, she will be when I can get her Cancel Affinity 3).
  • Robin M (+atk/-spd) with Blarraven+, Draw Back, Bonfire, Triangle Adept, Swordbreaker, Spur Def. Kinda crap against other Bluesd
  • Camus with Gradivus, Reposition, Growing Thunder, Triangle Adept, Vantage, Spur Cavalry

I'll throw Distant Defense 3 seal on whichever you pick, unless you want a specific other seal

Edited by Johann

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

Is anyone here actually Team Soren, let alone getting my Tana? I'm actually fairly high ranked for someone who's barely competing.

I am considering you said you got my Cordelia for your first two battles. Your Tana has yet to show up for me, though.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm good on quests now, so no need to change unless you're feeling saucy.

Primary Blues/Colorless that would be most useful are:

• Ursula (+1), with Blarwolf+, Draw Back, Iceberg, Fury or Deathblow, Desperation, and I guess Threaten Res since you might not get Cavalry to buff. She's certain to kill any Cavalry that isn't Cecilia.
  • Felicia (+spd/-def, +1) with Kitty Paddle +, Draw Back, Glacies, Distant Def 3, Guard 3, and Hone Speed. Ultimate mage killer (well, she will be when I can get her Cancel Affinity 3).
  • Robin M (+atk/-spd) with Blarraven+, Draw Back, Bonfire, Triangle Adept, Swordbreaker, Spur Def. Kinda crap against other Bluesd
  • Camus with Gradivus, Reposition, Growing Thunder, Triangle Adept, Vantage, Spur Cavalry

I'll throw Distant Defense 3 seal on whichever you pick, unless you want a specific other seal

I think I'd like to try Felicia, if possible. I've not had her before and mine is still only 3* so it'd be nice to see what she can do :)

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I think I'd like to try Felicia, if possible. I've not had her before and mine is still only 3* so it'd be nice to see what she can do :)

Ideally she'd be +res, with Cancel Affinity and Attack Ploy, and a few other little things for specific situations, but otherwise you can just park her in the way of some mages and kick back. Even before I gave her the Kitty Paddle, she took out most of the BHB with Alm and Celica without a scratch.

Just now, Johann said:

Ideally she'd be +res, with Cancel Affinity and Attack Ploy, and a few other little things for specific situations, but otherwise you can just park her in the way of some mages and kick back. Even before I gave her the Kitty Paddle, she took out most of the BHB with Alm and Celica without a scratch.

Have you had her as your lead recently? I feel I've said hi to a kitty paddled Felicia a day or so ago :)

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Have you had her as your lead recently? I feel I've said hi to a kitty paddled Felicia a day or so ago :)

Yeah, I put her there for a little bit and also on my defensive team. However, Distant Def arguably works much better for players than AI, so I don't think she's getting as many defensive wins as she does offensive wins.

Also I like how the Kitty Paddle looks like a feather duster.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, I put her there for a little bit and also on my defensive team. However, Distant Def arguably works much better for players than AI, so I don't think she's getting as many defensive wins as she does offensive wins.

Also I like how the Kitty Paddle looks like a feather duster.

I tend to stick to the normal culprits for defensive wins, but it hasn't worked this week. Oh well.

You've probably been visited by my Shigure, although I may switch him round. Not sure who to put as my lead once the gauntlet is over. Whoever calls out to me :)

On 02/11/2017 at 10:25 AM, Cute Chao said:

If any Ryomites want to add me, my FC is 8320657822. I usually start with Reinhardt as my lead but I don't mind requests for other colours (except the same colour as the lead). I will only add people who don't use a unit that is the same colour as the lead and will delete people who do, though. It's my biggest gripe with this mode, personally.

Request sent, Zenelle I presume. I am Kiran with Olwen.

I don't really care about girls too much this time and while I like PoR much more then Fates, Soren is unredeemable prick. So team shrimp over there.

My I'd 3461093199

Edited by Tenzen12

Just now, Cute Chao said:

I tend to stick to the normal culprits for defensive wins, but it hasn't worked this week. Oh well.

You've probably been visited by my Shigure, although I may switch him round. Not sure who to put as my lead once the gauntlet is over. Whoever calls out to me :)

Yeah, defensive wins have been far fewer this week for some reason. And yeah, you were the only Shigure on my list, he's dropped by a few times. Do you not have super favorites? I usually lead with Cain when there's no Gauntlet since he's been my main dude since day 1 (despite not really knowing anything about him before Heroes). Other than Felicia, only Rutger or Kaze could top him as my pick, and it'll depend entirely on their art and voice acting.

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Is anyone here actually Team Soren, let alone getting my Tana? I'm actually fairly high ranked for someone who's barely competing.

I am, and got a Tana earlier!

Knew Soren would get obliterated by Ryoma, but still didn't expect such a gap so fast. Takumi will have to avenge us. (I'm getting on Team Katarina before his if she makes it to the second round, though.)

I completely forgot to change my Sanaki for Ike, but got four friend requests in the first hour so apparently she's been doing okay for some people... xD

Has anybody been getting my Bridelia?  How's she been working out? @Tybrosion @DarkLordIvy

@Anime27Arts Welcome to Team Soren!  Although you may want to switch to a non-Green lead.  I got 3 Greens and almost got walled by 2 Reds and a Gray

@Rafiel's Aria I think that's you Aria.  I've been getting your Ephraim quite a bit.

It's funny that Soren's winning by a wide margin on SF, but is getting crushed by Ryoma.  Looking at the first round, Ryoma got the highest amount of votes, followed by Amelia.  It would be nice to see a guy win a Gauntlet again.  It would confirm my theory months ago, that it wasn't just that waifus would always win, but that they kept putting the super-popular girls up against relatively weak competition.

My Mist seems to be getting me quite a few friend requests from other members of Team Soren. I guess not a lot of people bring their healers to the voting gauntlet.

...By the way, my ID is 5272869828, in case anyone wants to add me. My Mist actually isn't anything too special, no inherited skills or anything fancy like that. Just a standard level 38 Mist.

Edited by Dracologist

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@Anime27Arts Welcome to Team Soren!  Although you may want to switch to a non-Green lead.  I got 3 Greens and almost got walled by 2 Reds and a Gray

Well...this is awkward... I'm on team Soren in spirit but I'm actually on Team Karel for my twin.  It must not have been my Boey you got then.

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Well...this is awkward... I'm on team Soren in spirit but I'm actually on Team Karel for my twin.  It must not have been my Boey you got then.

I see, must have been someone else.

Too bad my Soren has max HM.

Does anyone know, if you have an Ally support, does it apply if you get their Support ally as a random unit?

Yikes, although I'm on a losing team, I was expecting far more resistance from Lady Hinoka. In fact, I've been running on the assumption that the vast majority of players gravitate to the girls side of any voting gauntlet. How wrong of me not to factor in that the ladies this time are not stereo typical "I'm a creep, this here is my wife" material.

No matter. The truth is Thany was still a good pick by virtue of being the only of these characters I own. I'll be blasting these multipliers starting tomorrow.

Edited by Glennstavos

I decided to go Team Takumi, even though my mascot unit is Ryoma. I think this could be another gauntlet where a character doesn't win for being "wife material", since Takumi, Ryoma, Soren, and Karel all seem decently popular. It'll be interesting to see who wins in the end.