The Reward System

Which one do you want?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you want?

• Equipment and Items (Awakening & Fates)
    • Achievements (Echoes)
    • Both
    • None

What kind of reward system do you think it should have, if any? Something similar to Awakening and Fates where you get equipment and items? Or would you rather it be closer to Echoes where it was more like achievements with just the satisfaction?

I personally wouldn't mind a mix of both!

14 hours ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I want items & equipment damn it. Something that can help me when I'm playing the game instead of glorified participation ribbons.

Genuinely gave me a laugh. I agree, the items were very useful, especially the raider weapons in Fates. It was a bit broken since points shared between save files though. Made the game too easy sometimes.

Definitely equipment and items. If we work hard, we deserve to get a little bit more than a sticker with "Well done!" written on it. Although getting achievements wouldn't be too bad, they are pretty much pointless, as mentioned by several users above.

I want it to show up in a way that you can use them without it feeling like cheating, like making it an expansion to the shop system rather than overpowered free shit right off the bat. I'd love to be able to use the DLC classes, for example, without feeling like it undermines the resource management of the game.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

I want it to show up in a way that you can use them without it feeling like cheating, like making it an expansion to the shop system rather than overpowered free shit right off the bat. I'd love to be able to use the DLC classes, for example, without feeling like it undermines the resource management of the game.

What do you propose? This made me think of something like a secret shop that increases/improves inventory based on your accomplishments.

And what do you mean about the dlc classes? Are you talking about the unlockable scrolls in Fates? Or that they be integrated to the system too with a paywall barrier?

47 minutes ago, Captain Vulgar said:

What do you propose? This made me think of something like a secret shop that increases/improves inventory based on your accomplishments.

And what do you mean about the dlc classes? Are you talking about the unlockable scrolls in Fates? Or that they be integrated to the system too with a paywall barrier?

Yeah, an expanding secret shop would be perfect, or just in the normal shops they do a standardized main base with shops again. And basically I want to be able to use DLC classes without actually making the game easier in any sense other than having more options. So maybe on harder modes you don’t actually get the items from DLC, just the opportunity to buy them.

13 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Yeah, an expanding secret shop would be perfect, or just in the normal shops they do a standardized main base with shops again. And basically I want to be able to use DLC classes without actually making the game easier in any sense other than having more options. So maybe on harder modes you don’t actually get the items from DLC, just the opportunity to buy them.

Oh I see. Yeah that could work. I'm sure people would appreciate have to work a bit harder to get deluxe classes and items. I remember in Awakening, when I started another new game, it felt super cheap to get the regalia without earning it in that respective file.

These two don't have to be mutually exclusive, so both. In fact, tie them together. I think it's cooler to get rewards for achievements in the base game just as much as achievements fighting other people's AI teams. In Awakening/Fates, it's mainly just a grind for points that isn't particularly fun or engaging. For the Equipment and items, leave them optional to collect as usual. I don't want overpowered gear waiting in my convoy when it comes time to do Lunatic. But I'd certainly want the option of taking it.