Which Maps will be used in History Mode next?

Jedi

Since we're getting 3 maps per pack, which maps do you think they'll use from Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon? 

I have a feeling that they'll use Conquest ch 10 (since Oboro is an enemy), Birthright 18 (since Niles and Owain are foes), Rev's first map or End game. (But theres plenty of others) 

Awakening I feel will choose chapter 9, 11 and Paralogue 5 as they introduce our new characters 

Shadow Dragon could be any number, although I expect Chapter 3 10, 22 (as this is when you get Starlight and seems more iconic then Linde's actual join chapter)

Then again I just based this on chapters where characters become or are potentially important. 

Chapter 10 would be a great map to see, I also wouldnt mind seeing Chapter 23 since it also had Oboro in it, and was the last time she was encountered.

For Birthright, I would say 18 is the best bet as it is when you encounter Leo and Niles.

For Revelation I would say possibly the 2nd to last map is definitely a possiblitiy. I think the first map is a little too basic to really work well, as it was relatively empty and boring outside of its use of Fog of War. As for what map other than that they could use, any of the Arete maps would work. I would personally hope for one of the teleportation/moving platform ones, as the map in the forest would be kind of boring. But I do have another idea I am curious about for Revelation.

What if they used My Castle? I know this is an outlandish idea that probably wont happen, but I could see it possibly happening, as it was a key aspect of Fates. And story wise, they could just implement it as one of the "invasions" the player can do in Fates. Again, I highly doubt this would happen, but I would be curious what they could do with it if it was used.

Another thing I want to bring up is, if these are going to be used as the History Mode maps, what is the chance of them being used as actual maps in the game? I know Lyn and Celica's maps werent actually added, but I would find it kind of boring if we kept using the same old maps for the new History Mode stuff, so adding in each of these History Mode maps as actual maps could help spice up the game a bit.

Edited by Tolvir

54 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Another thing I want to bring up is, if these are going to be used as the History Mode maps, what is the chance of them being used as actual maps in the game? I know Lyn and Celica's maps werent actually added, but I would find it kind of boring if we kept using the same old maps for the new History Mode stuff, so adding in each of these History Mode maps as actual maps could help spice up the game a bit.

Hyrule Warriors never added new maps in its DLC, despite badly needing some. Clock Town would have been killer.

While it would be nice to have those maps, We should ask, what interesting thing could be done with those specific chapters? all maps had a gimmic to them in a story perspective, Lyn recreated a sequence of sending a flier to some allies, Shadow dragon did duplication and fire walls, while needing to beat certain enemies to obtain starlight and whatnot to actually fight garnef. what would these character specific map bring to the table for map progression and manipulation? Owains chapter was pretty standard since you could just go and kill the boss,

Mabey owains map would be the lost world DLC where Owain cuts down a bridge. you would be in the top right of the map, where skeletons or a fire wall prevented movement to the top left, and you fight enemies while crossing the bridge down, and once you make it, Owain cuts the bridge and you cant return as enemy renforcements appear to where they are. and mabey have Owains friend be changed to niles just since indigo isnt in the game. then you work your way around to "Save" them from an evil Male robin.

Thats just me though, Id hope the chapters we do get wont be to bland if they follow specifically character recruitment chapters.

Edited by Thany

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hyrule Warriors never added new maps in its DLC, despite badly needing some. Clock Town would have been killer.

Well that is unfortunate. Hopefully they take a different route here.

Well, for Fates anyway, I'd hope for Conquest 10 (Features Oboro, is iconic, and already has a usable boss in Takumi), Birthright 18 (same reasons, but for Niles), and perhaps Revelation 19 for some wonky duplication stuff? 26 could also work with Frederick subbing in for Gunter.

Dynasty Warriors gets DLC maps, but considering the price of the packs, and the already announced 3 characters per pack, I'm not expecting actual new battle locations here either.

Here are my guesses mixed with some wishes...

Shadow Dragon -

Chapter 3 (Navarre)

Rescue the Lena/Julian stand-ins and then defeat Navarre and finally the Hyman stand-in. I'd actually prefer if they went with a generic Warrior rather than throwing those three bosses again, but I guess we'll see Garnef once more.

Chapter 10 (Minerva)

Rescue someone standing in for Maria, and then go defeat Minerva

Endgame (Linde)

They can make her stand-in for Gohto with the Chaos Dragon taking Medeus' place. Alternatively, it could be Chapter 10 with some kind of ballista mechanic, but I'd hope at least one map in each set is some serious end-game battle.

Awakening

Chapter 9 (Tharja)

Chapter 11 (Olivia)

It seems like the only possible choices for Tharja and Olivia, since it's the only time they play a story role aside from their children recruitment, and a stand-in for their children does'nt work. The game also has several variations of the desert stage, fitting those places.

Future Past 3

A big final battle featuring Lucina and some extra Owain to close the Awakening chapters. Paralogue 7, Owain's introduction, with the village visits could have some unique stuff too though, but I hope they don't take this route.

Fates

Conquest Chapter 25 (Ryoma)

Birthright Chapter 26 (Xander)

Basically the final invasion chapters for each side (aside from the Garon battles). Like the Gharnef chapter which had Tiki's moments from her introduction, they can throw the other siblings and their retainers in there too, using dialogue from all of their chapters.

Revelation Endgame (Azura)

They can feature Anankos' parts as map gimmicks, with the Chaos Dragon standing in for the battles themselves.

Edited by NeonZ

I am betting on them using the Opera map for Azura. It's basically synonymous with her at this point. Can 't believe no one has brought it up till now.

I think chapter 23 would be more climatic for Oboro, though chapter 10 is definitly possible. Not gonna happen, but I'd love it if the map was from Oboro's perspective and she saves Takumi and Hoshido from self-righteous Corn. 

Chapter 18 BR would be a no brainer for Niles, though I could also see them go for 21 and have him stand in for Ashura. 

As for Awakening:

Owain's recruitment map would make sense, but they might also throw in a surprise and go with Future Past. 

Tharja might have some Plegian map. Not sure if they'll go with Emmeryn's death map though.

As for Olivia.. Besides her recruitment map, I don't really have any idea.

Just now, Nanima said:

I am betting on them using the Opera map for Azura. It's basically synonymous with her at this point. Can 't believe no one has brought it up till now.

Honestly I feel silly not saying it haha.

I'm not 100% sure the maps will be specifically tied to each character, mainly because Olivia and Tharja have basically just one option and they are very similar, down to using the same music (that we already have for the awakening map) and having overall the same conflict.