[FE8] Sadist Draft: A Chance for Chumps to Shine

Carmine Sword

Felt like playing FE8 again since I haven't played it in a while, so might as well let everyone else join in on the misery fun with a super exciting Sadist draft! What could possibly go wrong?

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 10 players.

2. Eirika, Tethys, and Orson are free for all to use.

3. Mounts are banned from all use and only non mounted promotions are allowed [exception of Eirika and Ephiram]

4. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

5. There are 21 units that can be drafted, so the leftover unit will be banned for everyone.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.

3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

6. The tower may be used to bring trainees up to 10/1 for Amelia and 10/5 for Ewan. {Ross shouldn't have any trouble leveling up}

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter, for any action, they may only be deployed for recruitment purposes.

2. Mounts have a 20 turn penalty if used

Exceptions:

1. Vanessa may be used to Rescue Ross in Chapter 2 even if she is undrafted and is a mount.

2. Ephraim is free for Chapter 5x, Chapter 8, and Chapter 15.

3. Duessel and Knoll are free to be attacked without countering in Chapter 15.

4. Franz may be deployed to recruit Amelia and L'arachel may be deployed to recruit Rennac.

Undrafted Chump:

Spoiler

Myrrh

Das Players:

Tuvy1: Saleh, Marisa

Sturm: Artur, Amelia ~ 133 Turns

Kebe: Garcia, Innes

Michelaar: Ewan, Knoll

Tuvy2: Gerik, Rennac

Gradivus: Lute, Neimi ~ 160 Turns

Carmine Sword: Ross, Natasha137 Turns

Terrador: Gilliam, Moulder

Athena: Joshua, Ephraim

Jedi: Colm, Dozla

Edited by Carmine Sword

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should this draft really be for 10 players? With so many units taken out of the draft pool, You are going to end up with only 2 drafted units each. It sounds like it would be an interesting draft for 4 players with 5 each or 5 players with 4 each. 

Unless your intention is to force people to calculate when taking a 4 turn penalty is optimal, I really think this draft kind of leans toward somewhat boring play with just stacking javelin/javelin/javelin/vulnerary/vulneary on your chosen units. or handaxes / magic as the case may be. 

Edited by Reality

7 hours ago, Carmine Sword said:

Mounts are banned from all use and only non mounted promotions are allowed [exception of Eirika and Ephiram]

Wait, why are mounted units banned? Does that mean none of us can draft them?

Edited by Tuvy2

1 minute ago, Tuvy2 said:

Wait, why are mounted units banned? Does that mean none of us can draft them?

Yes, this also means we draft exactly 2 units each, see his spoiler with das units in the opening post. They're probably banned because they're too good to give only to a few of us and/or to make a multiple of 10

3 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

I'm new to drafts so what does das units mean? Why are you only allowed to choose 2 characters?

We take turns picking units, if a unit is taken no-one else can get it. Then you do a LTC run with the free+drafted units, lowest turncount wins. Since this is a "sadist" draft, we only get 2 units beside the free ones as we're drafting the units with a lot of us.

Edited by athena_57
The==>Then, typing error

Make Myrrh draftable. We've had this in FE6 with Fa and getting a free combat unit is just not in the spirit of the draft. The crappiest unit can just remain undrafted.

Also, maybe Duessel should be allowed to be attacked in C15.

I'm in, yay to draft number 6 in the backlog!

Edited by Gradivus.

I'm in.

Orson only exists for one map so It doesn't really make much difference seeing as everyone would have identical teams in 5x anyway because Kyle and Forde are both mounts,  I guess it just makes it quicker than everyone doing an Ephraim solo.

1 hour ago, Sturm said:

I'm in.

Orson only exists for one map so It doesn't really make much difference seeing as everyone would have identical teams in 5x anyway because Kyle and Forde are both mounts,  I guess it just makes it quicker than everyone doing an Ephraim solo.

I mean experience is everything but luckily Ephraim is already ridiculous on his own so I guess that is a good idea.

Edit: I just realized Ephraim is draftable so we'll be doing an Orson solo it looks like.

Edited by Michelaar

7 hours ago, Reality said:

Should this draft really be for 10 players? With so many units taken out of the draft pool, You are going to end up with only 2 drafted units each. It sounds like it would be an interesting draft for 4 players with 5 each or 5 players with 4 each. 

Thats why its called Sadist, its a tradition.

@Carmine Sword What about this:

Make Myrrh draftable. We've had this in FE6 with Fa and getting a free combat unit is just not in the spirit of the draft. The crappiest unit can just remain undrafted