Version 2.0

Rezzy

On 11/3/2017 at 1:27 PM, Rezzy said:

With version 1.9 probably right around the corner, when do you think version 2.0 will come out and what it will bring?

The two top guesses would be in about a month, which would otherwise be version 1.10 or on the one year anniversary.  I like base ten, so seeing 1.10 looks gauche to me, but I guess that could still be a thing.

I hope version 2.0 brings a new batch of 1* and 2* Hero Battles.  Maybe they could add a few of the existing units there are even better, add a bunch of new units, but that might be more work, and I'd be happy to see units like Oscar or Leon there.

I'd also like to see a bit of "cleaning up" of the 5* pool.  It's soon going to be the highest number of units, and units like Maria or Peri would be well served by no longer just being a pity breaker.  Maybe one unit from each previous Banner could be taken off the 5* and resorted into the 3-4* pool.

I think cleaning up the 5 star pool, and adding in new 1* and 2* star battles is a good idea. I also think demoting heroes down to e-4 and even 1-2 is a good idea. Though honestly, I think 1.9 may be better for that, but I doubt it will come then.

As for what else, I think some kind of new content update would be nice. Tempest Trials are neat and all, but become pretty repetitive. GHBs hold your attention for maybe 20-30 minutes at most, same with new special maps. Chapters are the same. And that leaves Arena and Arena Assault, both of which arent exactly made for repeating content wise. You also have the training tower, but that isnt exactly what I would call content, just a tool more than anything.

I dont think PvP is the right idea, just from a logistics standpoint alone. We have a game that has people worldwide, so connection would be an absolute nightmare, and there isnt much you can do with PvP that Arenas dont already provide. So that is out of the question.

As for what the new content could be, I dont have a clue. But the game does need something to refresh it, its getting pretty stale.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I think cleaning up the 5 star pool, and adding in new 1* and 2* star battles is a good idea. I also think demoting heroes down to e-4 and even 1-2 is a good idea. Though honestly, I think 1.9 may be better for that, but I doubt it will come then.

As for what else, I think some kind of new content update would be nice. Tempest Trials are neat and all, but become pretty repetitive. GHBs hold your attention for maybe 20-30 minutes at most, same with new special maps. Chapters are the same. And that leaves Arena and Arena Assault, both of which arent exactly made for repeating content wise. You also have the training tower, but that isnt exactly what I would call content, just a tool more than anything.

I dont think PvP is the right idea, just from a logistics standpoint alone. We have a game that has people worldwide, so connection would be an absolute nightmare, and there isnt much you can do with PvP that Arenas dont already provide. So that is out of the question.

As for what the new content could be, I dont have a clue. But the game does need something to refresh it, its getting pretty stale.

One thing that would be nice would be a Tempest Trial-like mode where you get a pool of your Friends' units and have a string of 5-7 maps to beat with them.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

One thing that would be nice would be a Tempest Trial-like mode where you get a pool of your Friends' units and have a string of 5-7 maps to beat with them.

Another thing woudl be player made maps ala Mario Maker with potential rewards or so, that you can upload online if you beat them yourself first.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

That’s not a bad idea. The friends list is in serious need of actually being implemented in some way.

I also think some type of permenant tempest trial with rewards would be nice. Just make the points based on points you got for that exact run you do. Not sure how that could exactly be implemented though.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

That’s not a bad idea. The friends list is in serious need of actually being implemented in some way.

I also think some type of permenant tempest trial with rewards would be nice. Just make the points based on points you got for that exact run you do. Not sure how that could exactly be implemented though.

They could make it so you could have one random previous Tempest per day.  Maybe it could reward Crystals/Badges like the Training Tower, so you don't feel like you're losing out by not doing it, but it gives you something else to do.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Another thing woudl be player made maps ala Mario Maker with potential rewards or so, that you can upload online if you beat them yourself first.

Before Heroes was a thing, I remember making a topic or something saying it would be nice if Fire Emblem Maker would be a thing.

One thing they should do is to adjust the current weapon/skill roster. It's kinda a mess and they could make some options more appealing.

We all know what fiasko Slaying Weapons caused and how they make Killing Weapons obselete. I don't see a reason why IS shouldn't replace them entirely for their better variant or at least enable them to be upgraded as such for the units that are stuck with these weapons (Iron -> Steel -> Killing > Slayer). Units like Lukas or Sheena are entirely reliant on getting Nephenee and Amelia respectively which is just wrong for a weapon that shares the same effect with just an MT bonus. That is not good practice at all.

This also applies for Silver and Anti-Armor weapons. Anti-Rider weapons have 14 MT while Anti-Armor are stuck with 12 which really doesn't make that much sense. Silver Weapons could also use a slight adjustment since they also became obselete with the introduction of Slaying weapons. They weren't great either but there was at the least the argument of having +4 MT. Now the difference is 1 measily point which is absurd. Making them at least 16 MT so they could be legendary without effects would make them somewhat less terrible.

Speaking of legendary weapons, buffing all the past weapons with their Rank 3 effect would be a start to equalize them with the newer ones. For now most of the 2nd effects are purely stat-boosts which aren't that significant (as it equals to a +3 BST boost for that hero). But for the all primary effects all Legendary should have a Rank 3 effect, not a toned down one.

The entire Astra line could be adjusted to Regnal Astra's effect; make the Special scale with Spd, not with the Atk vaue. Astra can be the 4-charge Special while Glimmer has now a 3-charge cooldown. That would make the line worth a damn.
Sol and Noontime should receive a significant buff to their multiplier. Make it so that Sol heals 80% of the dealt damage, while Noontime 50%. It wouldn't make them relevant to Arena stuff but it would make them more viable as the default special on a Hero.
Same goes for Aegis and Pavise. Defensive Specials are rarely used and the only Skill that supports them is exclusive to Saber. Aegis or Pavise should block the entire damage (100% block) for their high cooldown, while Escutscheon and Sacred Cowl only reduce the damage by 50% so they can still be used with Shield Pulse.

Edited by Talandar

On 11/3/2017 at 10:19 PM, Cute Chao said:

I want Glade to be a banner unit, though. I just feel he deserves some extra care ^.^

After seeing this little flashback (Glade is the one on the far right):

Spoiler

Longago.jpg

I would have to agree. 

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Before Heroes was a thing, I remember making a topic or something saying it would be nice if Fire Emblem Maker would be a thing.

SRPG Maker is a thing. A thing in Japanese alone, but it is a thing. And it's what Vestaria Saga was made on.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:59 PM, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, the chapter is called いにしえより目覚まし, "Ancient Awakening".

The Chapter itself in English is called "A Power Awakens" but the title above the Chapter says "Intermission" as opposed to "Chapter 'X'" I think that's what's being referred to here.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

After seeing this little flashback (Glade is the one on the far right):

Hide contents

Longago.jpg

I would have to agree. 

SRPG Maker is a thing. A thing in Japanese alone, but it is a thing. And it's what Vestaria Saga was made on.

Sadly, I can only read English, German, and French.  And the latter two are enough to get my point across while in those countries, but by no means fluent.

Jeez, it's been 10 years since I used my French, no wonder it's terrible. 

I'd personally like to see new game modes, I think that would be fitting for a significant update, although I'm not sure what such modes would be. I think a mode where you can use characters off your friend list would be fun, so that's one possibility. Another thing that comes to mind would be a mode where you use only two characters, which would be good for building support. A survival mode might be fun too, where you have endless reinforcements and you just see how long you can survive the onslaught. And they need to implement tons of maps with the Fog of War!!!!!1!

The cap on HM should be raised too, but that seems pretty obvious and rather trivial. Increasing the pool of 3* characters would be good too, along with more 1-2* character maps on rotation.

There should also be more versions of Lucina. And Tiki too.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

That would be cool. There's a game, Wargroove, that's coming out sometime for the Switch that will be filling that niche, the map/campaign editor for that looks promising.

Going back to the whole versioning thing for a sec, the general rule of thumb is: Major.Minor.Micro where major is, as the name implies, a major rework of existing features, minor is fixes and the like or smaller upgrades (i.e. everything we've seen so far), and micro is very small things, like text changes, or in Heroe's case, maybe a new non-special banner (e.g. Hero-fest or the voting gauntlet ones), but they seem to package those with the minor releases and just have the stuff be scheduled to only show up at a certain point. Then again, it's also completely arbitrary sometimes. The company I work for uses the first number to denote the application so the second becomes a weird mix of major and minor and the third is generally only used if something comes up during testing and we need to create a new release for record keeping. Anyway, what I'm getting at, is it's not well-organized a lot of the time and don't put too much thought into it.

Anyway, I'd like to see, as many have said, a cleaning up of the pools and increased availability for some skills. I get that things like distant counter are really good, so maybe don't want to have them available easily, but what in the hell is the reason for hone fliers, goad armors, and ward fliers to be locked to such rare characters?

I'd also like, with as many DC swords as there are, some for other weapons. Lances have one, and axes have none with Hector really only being cannon DC because he comes with the skill. There are plenty in the main series legendaries to go off of, even if they don't necessarily have it in the game (source material be damned). I think asking for inheritable ones might be a bit much, but you could have like Swanchika for axe and what not. Obviously also bows, tomes, etc, with CC.

Another thing would be some way of buffing existing characters that are garbo, either with retcons to their kits, or more likely, rereleases, a la Brave Roy vs. regular Roy. I want my OP FE3 Palla damn it!

Promotions would be kind of cool, but that's a pipe dream.

Then there's obviously things that will happen like finishing the lords roster--Leif and Miccy need love too--and more grand hero battles (Oh how I'd love Ishtar, Areon, and Travant).

Oh, and some goads/hones/wards/fortifies for infantry. As is, it seems like they really got screwed unless they have an excellent stat spread and something to make them unique. They don't have the extra move of cavs, the freedom of move of fliers, or the increased stats of armors, and yet they're still at a disadvantage because they can't get the insane buffs that the others get with the same ease. For as much as Arya's getting talked up, I can't see her actually being any more dangerous than like Brave Roy or the BK, sans serious whaling to get her DC, since they can get a pretty easy +10 attack and speed, and she's sure as shit not touching Rein or Brave Lyn who are essentially her on horses with ranged attacks.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• 3 weeks later...

With a V2.0.0 announced today (sorry, @Schleimann) and 1.9 and its changes going live within a week, what are your predictions?

I think the next update will add as much (or a little less) than 1.9 and that IS is counting their updates mathematically (i.e. they don't believe in V1.10.0). That said, I think the next update will add more weapons to the forge and perhaps a dagger buff if the forge as is isn't enough. I also have a theory that there'll be another batch of Brave Heroes including Eirika, which is why Sieglinde isn't currently available, but that's pretty far fetched, I know.

As an aside, we also know the maintenance will add Fjorm, Surtr and Surtr's goons' stats. I can't wait for Book 2 or to find out what Fjorm's abilities are (though I personally will probably see them in-game first).

I desperately want more dragon units and more diversity for armor emblem since there has not been a new lance armor since launch.

The ability to give the same seal to more than unit it's just irksome to me having units who share the same need for a seal that could greatly improve their capablilities.

The askr trio not being left to the wayside and being used in seasonal events or at the very least being a 10% bonus for tempest trials

A new mode just to shake the usual routine of it all.

A tellius grand hero battle would be nice since only thracia and the radiance games lack one.  

Edited by MisfitMiju

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

With a V2.0.0 announced today (sorry, @Schleimann) and 1.9 and its changes going live within a week, what are your predictions?

I think the next update will add as much (or a little less) than 1.9 and that IS is counting their updates mathematically (i.e. they don't believe in V1.10.0). That said, I think the next update will add more weapons to the forge and perhaps a dagger buff if the forge as is isn't enough. I also have a theory that there'll be another batch of Brave Heroes including Eirika, which is why Sieglinde isn't currently available, but that's pretty far fetched, I know.

As an aside, we also know the maintenance will add Fjorm, Surtr and Surtr's goons' stats. I can't wait for Book 2 or to find out what Fjorm's abilities are (though I personally will probably see them in-game first).

I'm pretty sure the Book 2 Stuff and everything announced on the Feh Channel is Version 2.0, and they're skipping 1.9 entirely- it's not like they have to go in number order, and it would make sense with the amount of changes being made. Why else would it be a 5 hour maintenance time right before Book 2 launches

Edited by Solaris998

2 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

I'm pretty sure the Book 2 Stuff and everything announced on the Feh Channel is Version 2.0, and they're skipping 1.9 entirely- it's not like they have to go in number order, and it would make sense with the amount of changes being made. Why else would it be a 5 hour maintenance time right before Book 2 launches

The stream specifically referred to the Book 2 update as 1.9 and the maintenance period before the Feh Channel was also to prepare the game for 1.9.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

The stream specifically referred to the Book 2 update as 1.9 and the maintenance period before the Feh Channel was also to prepare the game for 1.9.

Are you sure about that? I don't want to doubt you, but I went through the stream just to make sure and as far as I can see they never refer to the new update as 1.9, just as the "next" or "new" update. If I missed it please feel free to point it out to me cause I can't find where they specially call it 1.9

Edited by Solaris998

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Can someone actually point to me where "1.9" was mentioned?

The in-game notifications and Twitter don't have any mention of a version number for the maintenance, and I don't recall hearing it in Feh Channel (though admittedly, I'm not trying very hard on the Feh Channel side).

4 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

and they're skipping 1.9 entirely

As much as I know what you mean, "skipping" is not exactly the right word. It gives off the wrong impression. When January 31 turns into February 1, you didn't "skip" January 32 through January 99.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As much as I know what you mean, "skipping" is not exactly the right word. It gives off the wrong impression. When January 31 turns into February 1, you didn't "skip" January 32 through January 99.

No you're right, that was a poor choice of words on my part, not skipping so much as just going straight from 1.8 to 2.0, my bad.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't recall hearing it in Feh Channel

I watched through the video again and couldn't find it mentioned specifically as 1.9 anywhere myself.

I'm under the impression that they're going straight to 2.0 because of the amount of content being added in the next update. Just because a game's been going up in increments of 0.1 almost every update, doesn't mean 1.9 absolutely has to exist.

I seems question about when 2.0 was happening has now been answered.

My only worry now is that we'll never see any new 3* units.  I expected them with the first "story" update which was way back with the Tellius update and nada.  Then, I expected a batch of 3*s with version 2.0, which unless they surprise us, doesn't seem to be coming.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I seems question about when 2.0 was happening has now been answered.

My only worry now is that we'll never see any new 3* units.  I expected them with the first "story" update which was way back with the Tellius update and nada.  Then, I expected a batch of 3*s with version 2.0, which unless they surprise us, doesn't seem to be coming.

I'm also awaiting this, but it seems they deem more new content is more important right now. The way things are going, if they do intend to switch up the star pools, I think it will happen during the 1 year anniversary of the game, and it will come with a fucking great banner akin to the upcoming 8% banner.

Maybe if/when they fix the star pools, they could do a banner with no 5* focus units, but it would cost 10 orbs for a full 5 summons (3-2-2-2-1), or something. A man starved of fodder can dream, I suppose.

Edited by Raven

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe that's what the free 100 barracks space is for...

One can dream.  It's a problem that will only get worse, unless they do something.